Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2008, 11:51   #1
BHPian

My Poor Esteem !!!

I have a 98 esteem which has done 62000, lately i it started to make all sort of moans

did up the suspesnsion; however the body noice is pretty much there. I have been told that the creaking noise from the door are becasue the panel coupliong has rusted & they expect me to change sll the door panels

guys any idea if this is my only option?

Also wanted to know what are options i have in clutch; i replaced the clutch 2 years back & it has started shuddering again. So in other words the Maruti OEM was not upto the mark. So what options do i have?
Old 1st December 2008, 22:00   #2
Team-BHP Support

Do you take your car to a MASS or an independent garage?

I suggest finding a good MASS or mech from Mumbai and take it further, regarding clutch how much has the car run on the new clutch plate? and did you change pressure plate, release bearnings etc along with clutch plate at last change?
Old 1st December 2008, 22:48   #3
BHPian

I ran close to 8K approx on the new setup; yes i changed the pressure plate; release bearing etc; atleast thats what the Maruti Service Station charged me..
Old 1st December 2008, 22:57   #4
BHPian

Its a 10 year old vehicle. Moreover if you have had the call all 10 years in Mumbai, its possible that some parts of the vehicle is rusting. If you still want to own this vehicle, you have to give a new lease.
My suggestion is do a complete overhaul, strip everything down, do some body and paint work and while putting things back in the car, you can start looking at fixing the damaged / broken parts.
Esteem is an excellent car and with MASS it will continue to shine. All you have to do is just Overhaul it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks