Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2009, 16:12   #46
BHPian

Thanks for that info Sahil.
I checked the film thread and have been unable to find any info on Vkool Delhi dealers either on that thread or on Vkool official site.
Also google has disappointed me and now I am stuck. It is amazing that the internet has no info of Vkool official dealer in Delhi.
Any info here about Vkkol dealers in Delhi will be helpful to all present and in the future.
Also check out this LED angel eye mod all for the e92/e90.Should i get this done and do you think my warranty will be void by BMW India?
LED Angel Eyes: Luis is doing what BMW should have! - BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum - E90Post.com
Cheers
Old 6th April 2009, 17:17   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post

Another which looks quiet good (in Mumbai only):
PLUSH CAR DETAILING SERVICES -Mumbai
Have you got any work done by these guys? Any idea about the costs?

@ Sahil, i bought my dad an i10 AT and put the 3M sunfilm all over with transparent up front. Very good in our weather. Consider it as well.
Old 7th April 2009, 01:38   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Have you got any work done by these guys? Any idea about the costs?

@ Sahil, i bought my dad an i10 AT and put the 3M sunfilm all over with transparent up front. Very good in our weather. Consider it as well.
Can you give me the number of the 3m dealer in bombay urgently please. Thanks.

@morphin: I don't think warranty will be a problem because of those LEDs, BMW ain't that petty.

Last edited by Sahil : 7th April 2009 at 01:40.
Old 7th April 2009, 12:15   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Can you give me the number of the 3m dealer in bombay urgently please. Thanks.
Shreyas Motors at opera house sourced and installed it for me.

Call Hiten on 9820011532. You can give him my reference.
Old 7th April 2009, 20:37   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for the contact Tejas, unfortunatly I read your post late and got Garware grand fitted. It's specs looked really good almost at par with higher end Vkool.
Have vkool on the 525 and now garware grand on the 520. Will park both cars side by side tomo all day to do a comparo in Mumbais sultry peak weather.
Old 9th April 2009, 01:00   #51
BHPian

So Sahil whats the verdict?
Any difference between the two brands of films ?
Old 9th April 2009, 10:42   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphin1 View Post
So Sahil whats the verdict?
Any difference between the two brands of films ?
I have to admit-

Parked both cars side by side at 9.30am, went down at noon, both were almost equally warmed up ! And the garware costs almost a third of what I paid for the Vcool

This was just a small layman test, I am not sure what other benefits the Vcool might have when measured professionally.
But I certainly haven't found it worth the money I paid right from the start, I expected much more. Although, the clarity and quality of the Vcool windscreen film is better than garware.
Old 9th April 2009, 11:15   #53
Senior - BHPian

With that kind of parking, radiated heat overpowers the sunfilm easily. I find the difference is pronounced only when you are sitting inside car in the bright sun. I usually demonstrate that my car actually has sunfilm by winding the window down a bit and let the filmed and unfilmed light fall on open skin. One can instantly feel the sun burning the unfilmed portion.

My car is of a dark shade, so even an hour or so of parking in the open sun makes it an oven, sunfilm or not.

VKool is overpriced yes, but I haven't found a clear film which cuts down as much heat as it does. I guess the last 10% of performance adds 90% of the cost.
Old 11th April 2009, 01:22   #54
BHPian

Prices

Ok guys I have the prices.
3m Premium sunscreen for Rs 17,000 for BMW 3 series includes all windows and front/rear windshield.
V-kool premium for Rs 42,000. Front Vk-70 and rest all diamond series.
Now which should i go for ? 3m does look tempting.
Old 11th April 2009, 07:38   #55
Senior - BHPian

Where is this quote from? It should not cost anywhere near that much for VKool.
Old 11th April 2009, 07:59   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the contact Tejas, unfortunatly I read your post late and got Garware grand fitted. It's specs looked really good almost at par with higher end Vkool.
Have vkool on the 525 and now garware grand on the 520. Will park both cars side by side tomo all day to do a comparo in Mumbais sultry peak weather.
Quote:
I have to admit-

Parked both cars side by side at 9.30am, went down at noon, both were almost equally warmed up ! And the garware costs almost a third of what I paid for the Vcool

This was just a small layman test, I am not sure what other benefits the Vcool might have when measured professionally.
But I certainly haven't found it worth the money I paid right from the start, I expected much more. Although, the clarity and quality of the Vcool windscreen film is better than garware.
Very interesting find. Cant ask better for 1/3rd cost.
Old 13th April 2009, 09:11   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphin1 View Post
Thanks for that info Sahil.
I checked the film thread and have been unable to find any info on Vkool Delhi dealers either on that thread or on Vkool official site.
Also google has disappointed me and now I am stuck. It is amazing that the internet has no info of Vkool official dealer in Delhi.
Any info here about Vkkol dealers in Delhi will be helpful to all present and in the future.
Also check out this LED angel eye mod all for the e92/e90.Should i get this done and do you think my warranty will be void by BMW India?
LED Angel Eyes: Luis is doing what BMW should have! - BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum - E90Post.com
Cheers

Hey morphin (& Sahil), that setup of LED lights will actually void your warranty! beware! That procedure is of opening up the headlamps and fitting LED Rings there. But that is mostly for older or base model 3 series which didnt come factory fitted with the Angel Eyes.

To change the color, you will have to look at H8 bulbs, i think. atleast that is what BMW has installed now in all the latest gen models - X5,6, and 5,6 series.

Please check again in that E90 forum, maybe the E90 has LED Bulbs used, and for that they have a list of different makes of LED bulbs. But not the one you mentioned above.
Old 13th April 2009, 09:29   #58
Senior - BHPian

Why would you want to put angel eyes in there? It makes your car looks like every other wannabe racer out there with bling lights in cheap Taiwanese lights which do everything but light up the road.

Keep the yellow coronas. It gives the Beemers a very aggressive look. Don't spoil the image, pretty please with cake on top?
Old 13th April 2009, 09:35   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm with ImmortalZ on this. If you must change the color get pure white ones.
Old 13th April 2009, 18:36   #60
BHPian

AS ImmortalZ said rightly, putting those LED RING lights would make your car real "riced" one!

Go for 6000k color temp bulbs (either led or H8, depends on what your car has) And this will give u a perfect match with your Xenons. Anything above 6000k will start giving you bluer tint, which i am sure u just dont want in this one!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks