Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2005, 01:40   #16
BHPian

the OHC 1.5 can be doing 200bhp i guess.
anyways, good luck club_honda & keep us updated
Old 18th April 2005, 10:20   #17
BHPian

yeah low revs r the best solution even i keep the revs low during travelling in citys and i even dont have a licence to spare since i m still 16 and travel all over bombay and i have a record the cop has never caught me for my licence i was just caught for breaking the signal and not wearing a seatbelt paid 200 told me to go
Old 5th May 2005, 21:45   #18
BANNED

hey guys i saw a free flow muffler today.i`ve heard that an imported muffler costs around 5600-5900 bucks and the indian ones for 3000 bucks.but this guy says it is the imported one and he is giving it for 3000 bucks he showed me a lancer with the same muffler installed,it sounded good but i think that it is an indian muffler.

please guys help me out...... should i gor for it????

btw whs wrong with the indian mufflers????????
do they damage the engine or sumthing????????
n what bout the fuel consumption?????will it decrease????????
help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 6th May 2005, 03:01   #19
BHPian

hey buddy twister as far as fuel consumption is concerned yes there will be a marginal drop by replacing the stock exhaust with a performance one and yes also a header with the entire free flow setup will lead to a drop in FE...so that's for you to decide...i mean you have to lose something to gain something..in this case you have to give up on FE for performace...hehe...cheers...!!
Old 6th May 2005, 03:13   #20
Senior - BHPian

hey dragger agreed that you have to give up one thing for another thing. in this case fuel eff for performance but approximatley what will the fuel eff drop by in a regular case say for example in a lancer with just a free flow and a K&N filter giving ( 10 kmpl when stock) what will the new fuel efficieny be ??

Rev
Old 6th May 2005, 03:59   #21
BHPian

hey buddy revtech i cant give you a perfect figure because it all depends on how your filter and your headers are positioned and installed...well also the tuning plays a vital role...well at an average together the drop should round up giving you a fuel efficiency of about 8.75 or 9...at its very best...cheers...!!
Old 29th May 2005, 20:10   #22
Senior - BHPian

umm i have a question...once u get the muffler done, can u change it back to the OE silencer...and things will remain just as usual, all original condition??
Old 14th June 2005, 02:05   #23
BHPian

You better get your facts right before getting a head job

I am a member of the http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/...India/messages

yahoo and chanced upon your query when surfing through the net and I thought I would pitch in with a bit of advice. When tuning your engine for more torque you should make sure that the car will be drivable at low and mid range rpms. Please read the complete article on this link before contemplating changing your header and exhaust system as a whole. Might as well study the article so that you could get some intelligent answers from the automech engineers you have been adviced to visit. Bye and wear your seatbelts and hope I was of some help.

http://e30m3performance.com/installs...haust/exh1.htm

Old 14th June 2005, 04:10   #24
Senior - BHPian

the mid-range improves a lot and the sound goes look hey get aside or i will stamp on u.Fuel efficiency is reportedly increasing .But proper installation is what is the most important feature here. Wrong installation will make you pay for your engine damage badly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks