Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2005, 22:22   #1
BANNED

free flow exhaust muffler for ohc

hey guys
im planning to install a free flow muffler in my honda city.ne suggestions? i want to know how much do they cost(minimum and maximum)and is there ne change in the performance and the fuel average????????????????I saw my friends VENOM`S muffler yesterday(the white lancer with vertical door kit).it was sooooooooooo kewl.it was making sound from every where,from the rear,front,sides.man it was awwwwwwwwwsome.the guy told me it was STR or sumthin like that.

pls tell me how can i do that in my honda?
Old 12th April 2005, 00:03   #2
BANNED

im guessing its gonna be loud huh be ready to give your license or keep 600 bucks ready because in bombay pandoos come after you like you are a rat and fine u big time.
Old 12th April 2005, 01:10   #3
BANNED

is it prohibited???????????but y?if a silencer of a car is actually damaged and making that kinda noise,will they put a fine on the owner? i guess not here in delhi.lucky me
Old 12th April 2005, 01:18   #4
BHPian

i doubt club_honda. the "pandus" these days are smart enough to make out between a damaged muffler & a free-flow muffler. agree with jesal to keep some cash ready in your pocket. this rule of RTO totally sucks imo. just dont revv hard & take it easy when you driving near signals/rto offices/etc.
all the best for your free-flow. keep us updated with some cool pics.
~cheers
Old 12th April 2005, 04:52   #5
BANNED

If My Dad Gets To Know This.he Wont Let Me Do It.he Is Verrrrrrrry Against Of Modifying A Car.he Like His Cars Simple Neat N Clean.he Doesnt Even Have A Clue Bout My 17 Ers Coz He`s Out. I Dont Know What His Reaction Will Be
Old 12th April 2005, 13:16   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by club_honda
.he Doesnt Even Have A Clue Bout My 17 Ers Coz He`s Out. I Dont Know What His Reaction Will Be

hehe,
then how would you explain the harsh ride.will it be blamed on the suspension or will it be the roads.
Old 15th April 2005, 03:15   #7
Senior - BHPian

Hey honda,
I had gone to AutoMech today with a friend of mine who wanted a free flow done on his NHC.And guess what,the AutoMech guy refused to do anything on the car.He said this car's engine is designed in such a way that it is almost impossible to put an exhaust to it.The engine is inclined more towards FE and not performance.Infact quite a detailed thingy it was.In short,dont go ahead with your mods.And AutoMech is one of the best as far as these jobs are concerned.
Its upto you now!

X
Old 15th April 2005, 10:26   #8
BHPian

X, he is looking for a freeflow for his 'OHC' not NHC.
Old 15th April 2005, 23:48   #9
BANNED

mine`s the old honda(type one). the one with a 101 bhp dude.not the new honda city.i guess it has 83 bhp(im not sure ) thats y the guy refused to put a muffler in it.
Old 16th April 2005, 00:15   #10
Senior - BHPian

hey dude
why dont you get in touch with autopsyche and he may be able to guide you.any way best of luck dude and keep us updated !!
Old 16th April 2005, 02:36   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidrock
X, he is looking for a freeflow for his 'OHC' not NHC.
Oops.My mistake.Thanks for the correction pal.I had too much of the NHC dose yesterday it seems.

Anyways,on the OHC go ahead with the mods.Its one of the best cars to play around with.The engine is capable of 200+ horses.Best of luck with your mods.

X
Old 16th April 2005, 11:18   #12
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Machine
Oops.My mistake.Thanks for the correction pal.I had too much of the NHC dose yesterday it seems.

The engine is capable of 200+ horses.Best of luck with your mods.

X

dude r u saying that my ohc can me modded upto that level??????200 bhp??????? r u serious?
Old 16th April 2005, 11:47   #13
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by club_honda
dude r u saying that my ohc can me modded upto that level??????200 bhp??????? r u serious?
can u not do that. damn i thought you could. then im not sure. how much max can a 1.5 be tuned upto i bet 150+ easy right.
Old 16th April 2005, 14:55   #14
Senior - BHPian

150 plus with a turbocharger, easily. petty mods like filters and exhausts and cylinder head works should give you about 30 additional bhp anyday... what kinda muffler are u looking for? i have a few options if you need one.
Old 17th April 2005, 01:25   #15
BANNED

AUTOPSYCHE - buddy i saw eklavya`s muffler.he told me it was STR or sumthing(dont remember exactly).i liked the sound of it(coming from the front .sides and back).how much for that kinda stuff(all of it).the guy from ACCESSORY WORLD in karol bagh is giving it to me for Rs5600 (excluding the fitting which is Rs 300 approximately)

Most Viewed