Team-BHP - Civic with K&N Typhoon Kit. EDIT : Now TURBO-Charged
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Civic with K&N Typhoon Kit. EDIT : Now TURBO-Charged (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/50142-civic-k-n-typhoon-kit-edit-now-turbo-charged-10.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by m4ugr8 (Post 1418472)
What I know is even at 7800RPM the FPM Rate is less than 5000 which is ok, It wont harm the engine.

And FPM of 5000 puts it in the league of F1 cars. Are you sure the limit for stock engines is that high?

Well whats all this fuss about the rev limit.Who cares about the rev limit.i've rarely gone above mine.I know there is a power drop in the curve and i don't like it...so i change at about 7000 rpm.and it just does the job for me.

The only thing i love it the way this car now has diesel like torque.simply amazing.there are a few hotels in mussoorie in which civics cannot climb up the ramp slope.
and when my civic was just puttering along that ramp and i was waving and smiling to those other civics i just love it.hehe.

I just tell them its all in the exhaust man.nothing more.;)

this remap has brought out a new face of the civic.the car has a lot of grunt now.overtaking is super fun.

And the bast part is when i put on the stock wheels and tires for some outstation driving.it makes it even more powerful owing to the low drag of the stock tires and the lightweight enkie stock alloys.

Also the UNI filter from RDD has been performing better than another filter that i tested here in dehradun.We did back to back runs from dehradun to mussoorie in it and the feel of the car was much better with the UNI,much to the surprise of the dealer who loaned me the other paper filter.

and manan if you're chucking this car and going for the k24 accord of for that matter any other car then just take off all that CF and ship it over to me.

oh yes by the way also post the pics of those certain aluminium parts which i saw in the car.

m4, mcl means valve springs. 5000FPM is given as the absolutely limit for a stock R18A on a few websites. If power is dropping off after a certain RPM, no sense revving it up there.

navpreet, he means swapping in a K24, not buying an Accord.

m4, please do let me know how your suspension work turns out. I'm very interested in your experiences.

I know what he meant and what he's going to buy very soon.It was all in humour.why so serious! :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by navpreet318 (Post 1419094)
I know what he meant and what he's going to buy very soon.It was all in humour.why so serious! :P

Navpreet no leaking of plans :D

Sure Immortalz, Will post all the details and upgrades as soon as they get completed one by one. I have loads of stuff waiting to be fixed or to be delivered.

Any idea where I can find upgraded Rotars or Brake Pads for the Civic?? Petes does not have any.

And one more thing, What about Clutches?? My Stock clutch is gonna wore out soon, so thinking of replacing it with a Stage-1 Clutch, any availability of the same??

Yes even i'm thinking about a stage 1 clutch.About the rotors and pads you can look up brembo.they should have some in their lineup.doesn't methods have something?

D2 surey has a set for the civic but i haven't seen any reviews on D2 products.also you can ask electra performance to import you a set if you find anything in japan etc.

Man i'm definitely leaking your plans
.soon we'll see manan blazing(:P) around in a Full CF 800.all set with a Huge CF whale tail and widebody kit with those chor bazaar rims and retreaded tires from some old Amby.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navpreet318 (Post 1419157)
Yes even i'm thinking about a stage 1 clutch.About the rotors and pads you can look up brembo.they should have some in their lineup.doesn't methods have something?

D2 surey has a set for the civic but i haven't seen any reviews on D2 products.also you can ask electra performance to import you a set if you find anything in japan etc.

Man i'm definitely leaking your plans
.soon we'll see manan blazing(:P) around in a Full CF 800.all set with a Huge CF whale tail and widebody kit with those chor bazaar rims and retreaded tires from some old Amby.

D2 has a Complete Brake Kit available but that is freaking expensive, I am looking only for a Brake Pad upgrade or maybe rotars, Clutch upgrade does sound very interesting, Will let you know if something develops.

Those plans do sound very interesting, I know I can always build the car you described above and sell it to you ASAP :D:uncontrol

You can get the whole brake system of the Type-R from Brembo. I'd imagine it'll run quite expensive though. I've seen some OEM style upgrades as well where people swapped the huge brakes from the TSX Type-S onto Civics. But I don't know the full details.

Try for EBC pads from Electra or N1

Clutchmasters makes stage 1/2/3/4 clutches for the R18. I know a friend imported one for his Civic.

So Mclaren,how much approximately does a stage one cost and what does the stock one cost if anyone knows?

Also whats the advantage that the Stage 1 has over the stock one.

@m4ugr8

Seems like there is going to be a monster Civic on Delhi roads very soon. Where are you getting all this Magic done ??

Cheers

Finally the Remus Endcan was installed today and needless to say it surpassed all expectations, A very nice Deep Note which increases As I climb the Revs. Exactly How I want my car to Sound.

It was a universal Endcan, but thanks to some wonderful installers, I managed to fit it like a Bolt-On, The Stock flange and Pipe remain. Some pics, Will upload more and a Video by tomorrow

Can you cruise long distance with it? Or will it give you a headache?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImmortalZ (Post 1425570)
Can you cruise long distance with it? Or will it give you a headache?

No No nothing like That, Today I came from Gurgaon after installing it, Fully revving the Car in second and third and no head aches kind of thing, Roll the windows Up and all you hear a Deep Noise, Infact I enjoyed Revving the Car in every gear. I wanted to hear every bit of it.