Team-BHP - Civic with K&N Typhoon Kit. EDIT : Now TURBO-Charged
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Civic with K&N Typhoon Kit. EDIT : Now TURBO-Charged (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/50142-civic-k-n-typhoon-kit-edit-now-turbo-charged-22.html)

Civic finally came back after a full retune and the new injectors with Fuel pump and its a different car altogether.

The stock injectors on the car use to Max out and hence power use to drop at higher revs, with the new injectors which are almost of double size compared to the stock size, the power delivery is much much stronger and holds all the way to the redline. The new Haltech ECU means my car drives like a stock car with no issues whatsoever. Phil has truly worked his magic and I absolutely love this now, The car would wheels spin in first gear if I am not careful with it.

Phil advised me to change the intake manifold on it as thats the last obstruction in the mod, with the larger intake I would get a stronger pull till redline, I am saving up for this MOD next and it just may happen anytime soon :D

You running on stock Honda iridium plugs or have changed them ?

And what the CC of these injectors?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jatinpatel (Post 2761299)
You running on stock Honda iridium plugs or have changed them ?

And what the CC of these injectors?

Plugs were changed to NGK plugs, they come with the RRP Turbo kit only, These injectors are 410cc

Were you running stock 185 injectors with the turbo before these came in?

I would suggest to put heat shroud on the turbo as well as the exhaust plumbing. It's too close to the injectors to be comfortable....petrol & heat don't go well together.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cvc2145 (Post 2773606)
Were you running stock 185 injectors with the turbo before these came in?

Yaa stock injectors before this. Are you running the Weapon-R Intake manifold on your car ?? I am seriously looking into upgrading that next

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1self (Post 2773641)
I would suggest to put heat shroud on the turbo as well as the exhaust plumbing. It's too close to the injectors to be comfortable....petrol & heat don't go well together.

I did not get you. Please explain.

The wastegate actuator as shown in the pic at post no.316 is too close to the injectors. The consequences of petrol getting cozy with high exhaust temperatures does not bear thinking about. So, i suggest you put a heat wrap around all hot components near the fuel line.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1self (Post 2774848)
The wastegate actuator as shown in the pic at post no.316 is too close to the injectors. The consequences of petrol getting cozy with high exhaust temperatures does not bear thinking about. So, i suggest you put a heat wrap around all hot components near the fuel line.:)

Those are just placed there for a pic, or rather they are posing lol:

They go in with the Fuel rail in their original position.

Quote:

Originally Posted by m4ugr8 (Post 2774752)
Yaa stock injectors before this. Are you running the Weapon-R Intake manifold on your car ?? I am seriously looking into upgrading that next.

imho, your money is better spent somewhere else (save for k20 instead). The manifold is better suited for NA r18s unless you're running 1bar+ boost. You'll also lose some low end torque below 2.5k rpm. How much boost are you running right now?

Quote:

Originally Posted by cvc2145

imho, your money is better spent somewhere else (save for k20 instead). The manifold is better suited for NA r18s unless you're running 1bar+ boost. You'll also lose some low end torque below 2.5k rpm. How much boost are you running right now?

K20 is honestly not into consideration since i already have a B16 swapped city with me, though a K20 project is tempting to say the least :D

Right now I am boosting around 8 PSi, what i am looking into is going forged and taking the boost up, when that happens i will purchase the manifold.

Quote:

Originally Posted by m4ugr8 (Post 2775372)
K20 is honestly not into consideration since i already have a B16 swapped city with me, though a K20 project is tempting to say the least :D

Right now I am boosting around 8 PSi, what i am looking into is going forged and taking the boost up, when that happens i will purchase the manifold.

8 psi sounds about right. I've been running 7 on regular petrol.
And a b16 eh :cool:

I'm almost done with my k20 swap research and should be getting it before end of year.

And from my pov, its better you spend on your b16 than the r18. The r18 is mod worthy only till a certain point and after that we're just pushing it over the edge.

m4ugr8,

How is your civic doing and would you mind to put the specs of the turbo and update the thread ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technocrat (Post 2394648)
@Ricky_63 - as others have posted 130 to 100 is too huge a loss for transmission loss.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 2393686)
GTOs Civic got 118 at the wheels bone stock. Or maybe it was 117. I don't think a manual would have more than 10-15% loss between the crank and the wheels.

During a conversation with RRP for turbo drive pakage for friend's civic, the guy said they are geting 100 whp from what they have collected from civics. He further claimed 25 to 30% transmission loss where as its 16% from what i read on internet. Now, this guy is from sales team and i have limited knowledge and hence did not argue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 2431736)
The two things I really want to know about - post turbo - are:
- Lag. And how it affects driveability
- Long term reliability which, I guess, we'll have to wait a 2 - 3 years to gauge.

When are you planning to go Turbo shopping ? I do not find many TC civics on forum. None in the recent times and i wonder why.

Hi Blackbeast, I sold the car so its no longer with me, building my B16 Honda city now.

Specs of the Turbo were a Garret GT20. RRP Turbo kits dont push too much power as they are more like street kits rather than kits which produce big numbers, they focus more on everyday reliability. If I remember correctly RRP kit gives around 195whp, so if you add 16% losses as you are saying, power produced at the crank would be 226 BHP, stock is around 132 BHP so a gain of around 95 bhp at the crank.