Team-BHP - Civic with K&N Typhoon Kit. EDIT : Now TURBO-Charged
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Civic with K&N Typhoon Kit. EDIT : Now TURBO-Charged (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/50142-civic-k-n-typhoon-kit-edit-now-turbo-charged-4.html)

What was the earlier rev limit (pardon my ignorance)? Do you see any power drop between earlier rev limit and new rev limit? I see a sharp drop in power after 7100 on the dyno chart, so my question is do you need a 7.8k rev limit?

Was the remap done any specific mods?

Nice.
Congrats.
Do post a iphone dyno run.
Waiting for results ( in comparison to the previous 2 runs - stock and with filter.)

2 "T"s for you

Test drive
Treat.

Enjoy

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazydiablo (Post 1166232)
What was the earlier rev limit (pardon my ignorance)? Do you see any power drop between earlier rev limit and new rev limit? I see a sharp drop in power after 7100 on the dyno chart, so my question is do you need a 7.8k rev limit?

Was the remap done any specific mods?

The Earlier Rev-Limit was 7100 RPM, Frankly i dont feel any power drops from 7100 to 7800.

Yup the Re-map is mod specific, Zakie tuned it according to my car. I guess Zakie/Viper would answer the question better.

What the.......

So that's what you were upto.
NICE.!

As Sanyam said ,time for a T.D and a treat now.

Congratulations Manan.
Like I said, its time for 0-100 timings now. and +1 to what faithless said
I'm sure you must be loving every bit of this upgrade

Congratulations Manan !! These kind of mods are the best, safe and pretty much reliable.

Edit: So I guess this works with the Accord as well, since it shares its engine with the CRV?

Congrats Manan. So you still feel for the need for more speed now ? :D

Have fun driving around.

Thanks Guys, But dont congratulate me yet, I have a long list of MODs now waiting to happen on the Performance Scene. :D

This gave me the perfect start.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manveet (Post 1166344)
Congratulations Manan !! These kind of mods are the best, safe and pretty much reliable.

Edit: So I guess this works with the Accord as well, since it shares its engine with the CRV?

Yes it does, CR-V and Accord both have the K24. Works on any Honda i guess. Zakie can tune any car even an Indica :D

Congratulations Manan! Can I have a Test Drive please?

Test drove manan's remapped civic today and I have to say the improvement surpassed my expectations.I wasn't expecting a noticeable difference.But i have to say the throttle response,the power delivery is very impressive.Having driven his car a couple of times before,i could easily gauge the improvement.It pulls faster in every gear compared to the stock car.
The increased rev limit has also led to increase in the in gear top speeds.
Where the 1st and the 2nd gear used to max out at 55kmph and 95kmph respectively.After the K&n typhoon kit,the 2nd gear used to max out at 102kmph.
After the remap the in gear max speeds have increased to 64kmph and 117kmph at 7800rpm.The thing that impresses the most is that torque in the lower range has increased substantially and its easier to drive in the city,and overtaking is effortless without dropping down a gear.Kudos to viper and zakie for something that actually works.:thumbs up

Highly recommended for all civic owners.:thumbs up
Hopefully will get my siena or the sx4 remapped and will post a detailed review soon.

P.S.: Manan informs me that there is no change in Fuel efficiency even under hardcore acceleration .

Congrats, Manan! Great mod! So what's next? :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by m4ugr8 (Post 1166242)
The Earlier Rev-Limit was 7100 RPM, Frankly i dont feel any power drops from 7100 to 7800.

Yup the Re-map is mod specific, Zakie tuned it according to my car. I guess Zakie/Viper would answer the question better.

its good that its mod specific. However if you see the re mapped civic on the dyno it shows a sharp drop in power and torque curves after around 7100 rpm. So the rest must be over rev, how much of over rev do we need in an engine?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellspawn (Post 1166959)
The increased rev limit has also led to increase in the in gear top speeds.
Where the 1st and the 2nd gear used to max out at 55kmph and 95kmph respectively.After the K&n typhoon kit,the 2nd gear used to max out at 102kmph.
After the remap the in gear max speeds have increased to 64kmph and 117kmph at 7800rpm.The thing that impresses the most is that torque in the lower range has increased substantially and its easier to drive in the city,and overtaking is effortless without dropping down a gear.

Again this seems to be a little contradictory. Lets just take the case of 2nd gear top speeds. If your gearing is unchanged and you rev limiter is unchanged theoritically you max speed in any gear will remain unchanged irrespective of the mods. So that means that before the filter 95kmph and after figure 102kmph is not possible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellspawn (Post 1166959)
Test drove manan's remapped civic today and I have to say the improvement surpassed my expectations ..
Where the 1st and the 2nd gear used to max out at 55kmph and 95kmph respectively.After the K&n typhoon kit,the 2nd gear used to max out at 102kmph. .. Kudos to viper and zakie for something that actually works.:thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazydiablo (Post 1167407)
Again this seems to be a little contradictory. Lets just take the case of 2nd gear top speeds. If your gearing is unchanged and you rev limiter is unchanged theoritically you max speed in any gear will remain unchanged irrespective of the mods. So that means that before the filter 95kmph and after figure 102kmph is not possible.

You are right diablo, and i'm sure hellspawn also knew that. so I was quite surprised to see his post mentioning different top speeds. In his defense, see this post he made almost a year ago ..

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellspawn
The in gear speeds aren't linked to the FFE,rather its linked to the gearing.even if you put 50bhp more,it will still touch the same speeds in the corresponding gears but will get there much faster.

Source: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...tml#post787108

Great work m4ugr8.

Which set of alloys are on your friends CRV? I mean they look awesome.