Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2009, 10:05   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
We have found out that the S Drive can save your lives.

An encounter made us realize this.

Wat say Manan.
Old 13th February 2009, 13:48   #92
Senior - BHPian

Drove the car yesterday & must say the remap is impressive. Can potter around in traffic in 2nd gear & don't feel a lack of low-end grunt at all, much better than stock. When pushing it, going past 7500rpm is useless since power tapers away sharply after that point, revving beyond that is pointless. Needs a more extensive back-to-back comparison to see exact benefits but I think it's a good 30k spent on correcting one of the most glaring problems in the Civic.

Manan - You need better tyres, the Maxxis's just don't cut it in hard driving. The ABS starts kicking in way too early.
Old 13th February 2009, 14:13   #93
Senior - BHPian

Can't wait to TD one in Bangalore. If this has managed to address the biggest problem in the Civic - that of low end grunt, then its money well spent. The increased rev limit is an added bonus.
Curse the recession, else I would have jumped on this immediately.
Old 13th February 2009, 14:29   #94
BHPian

Simply putting a warm air filter under your hood hasn't done anything for horsepower. It's all psychological.

Bottom line - vehicle manufacturers are well aware that cold air increases horsepower. What you have done is remove cold air promoting piping they have and substituted it with a greater volume of hot engine air. That's all.

I'd be impressed if you gain anything at all. Don't succumb to corporate marketing. Instead, use a K&N filter in your OEM filter box or a true Cold Air intake
Old 13th February 2009, 16:07   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
We have found out that the S Drive can save your lives.

An encounter made us realize this.

Wat say Manan.
Yup, Saves life and lakhs of ruppees worth of ICE equipment

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Drove the car yesterday & must say the remap is impressive. Can potter around in traffic in 2nd gear & don't feel a lack of low-end grunt at all, much better than stock. When pushing it, going past 7500rpm is useless since power tapers away sharply after that point, revving beyond that is pointless. Needs a more extensive back-to-back comparison to see exact benefits but I think it's a good 30k spent on correcting one of the most glaring problems in the Civic.

Manan - You need better tyres, the Maxxis's just don't cut it in hard driving. The ABS starts kicking in way too early.
I am glad you liked it, Yes Shift at 7500 RPM, No use going any further. Better tires, well i was out in the market searching for them today only, had a close shave yesterday night also. Will contact you soon on the right choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
Can't wait to TD one in Bangalore. If this has managed to address the biggest problem in the Civic - that of low end grunt, then its money well spent. The increased rev limit is an added bonus.
Curse the recession, else I would have jumped on this immediately.
This is something which not only gives performance but added bonus in traffic also, The Low end Grunt in second and third has gone up tremendously. Infact i rather enjoy the feel in second and third rather than Redlining it too often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
Simply putting a warm air filter under your hood hasn't done anything for horsepower. It's all psychological.

Bottom line - vehicle manufacturers are well aware that cold air increases horsepower. What you have done is remove cold air promoting piping they have and substituted it with a greater volume of hot engine air. That's all.

I'd be impressed if you gain anything at all. Don't succumb to corporate marketing. Instead, use a K&N filter in your OEM filter box or a true Cold Air intake
I dont about the other filter installs, But a K&N Typhoon kit improved stuff to quite some extent on my car, The Difference could be felt immediately.
Old 13th February 2009, 19:47   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Yup, Saves life and lakhs of ruppees worth of ICE equipment

Damn . I would have taken that HU for sure. By the way, can you show some graph of the torque and power curve?
Old 13th February 2009, 20:16   #97
Senior - BHPian

You can't put headers on a 1.8 Civic.
Old 13th February 2009, 20:20   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
No Headers, What i meant was to eliminate the catalytic chamber.

Honda Civic Weapon R R18 Race Header at PRO Civic
Old 13th February 2009, 22:38   #99
BHPian

Congrats on your new kit.I would like to know for how much did you get the front grill for?Is the carbon fiber or vinyl?Even I am willing to install the grill on my Civic.Enjoy your ride.
Old 14th February 2009, 00:39   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajtaksabsetej View Post
Congrats on your new kit.I would like to know for how much did you get the front grill for?Is the carbon fiber or vinyl?Even I am willing to install the grill on my Civic.Enjoy your ride.
Front Grill is real CF, got it from Thailand costed me around 8k with the Front Red original H Logos, Only the grill is for around 6k

Regards,
Manan
Old 14th February 2009, 02:46   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
No Headers, What i meant was to eliminate the catalytic chamber.

Honda Civic Weapon R R18 Race Header at PRO Civic
Don't do that. Be nice to the environment.
Old 14th February 2009, 19:51   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
why is it so? please explan....
Old 14th February 2009, 21:05   #103
Senior - BHPian

Because the catcon is built into the exhaust manifold. You'll have to make a whole new set.
Old 14th February 2009, 21:22   #104
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Because the catcon is built into the exhaust manifold. You'll have to make a whole new set.
lol. Not really. It's because the exhaust manifold is built into the engine block. The headers are part of the block and only a single tube comes out and goes straight to the cat-con mounted vertically.

You can see from the below pic the cat-con just after the single exhaust port.
Civic with K&N Typhoon Kit. EDIT : Now TURBO-Charged-main.jpg

Last edited by Vid6639 : 14th February 2009 at 21:30.
Old 14th February 2009, 21:36   #105
BHPian

actually it is the exhaust manifold which is built into the engine block. the cat-con is still outside. it is in the downpipe. the weapon R race header and the megan racing headers just replace the cat-con. the original headers are still in the engine block and cannot be changed.

and manan if you are going to go for headers i would recommend that you change to a catback rather than the axleback which you have.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks