Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2010, 20:00   #211
Senior - BHPian

The top speed per gear is a function of the crankshaft RPM and the gear ratio. The amount of power that the engine produces is not relevant beyond the point of actually being able to propel the car to the specified speed for the gear, and the amount of time it takes for the car to reach that speed.
Old 17th March 2010, 22:47   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The engine start button (gotta love those!) looks like a factory fit! Very very clean install.
Thank you GTO, this is infact a OE Honda Part, This comes factory fitted on a JDM Type-R Civic, I made sure to spend once and get an OE Part for the factory look and finish,

@nick17s : Got it for 2000 Thai Bhat thats around 3100 INR
Old 18th March 2010, 00:27   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Wing View Post
Akshay1234 thanks for the reply, however it is not clear to me. The second point is clear about max speed in top gear. The doubt was about in gear max speed for lower gears being the same, no matter what the modified power is.
Consider another (extreme) example to illustrate:
Car develops 100bhp at 6500 rpm.
I do some mod to reduce the power to only 10(ten) bhp at 6500 rpm,
would the car reach a speed of 40 kmph in the first gear with the same gear ratio as earlier?
Is there any other thread to explain this?
we are going
to put it in a simpler way
the the max speed a car achieves in a particular gear and rpm is completly dependant upon the gearing ratio and the max rpm in that gear.
so if the max rpm and gearing is same , the max speed in that gear will also be the same but the Car will reach the max speed much quicker
eg,
if a 75 bhp car takes 5 seconds to reach 60 km/hr before redlining in that gear, a 100 bhp car will take lesser say 4 seconds to reach 60 km/hr before redlining . Hope it helps.! try the techinical section there must be some thread which dicusses about this.
Old 18th March 2010, 05:33   #214
BHPian

@m4ugr8 I am in absolute love with your car mate. I've been following your thread since you began modding your civic but never posted even a single word of appreciation. Let me tell you, the way your looks is absolutely stunning. New Civic has always tickled my fancy but looking at your car has definitely made my mind to buy this (some time in near future). Once I'll be owning a civic, I'll be stealing mod ideas (not the performance mods, just the exterior ones) from your Civic mate.(and possibly bugging you with PMs for help ). Once again killer looks you've given to your car mate.Wish you 100000x happy miles my friend.

Last edited by Punzabi : 18th March 2010 at 05:34. Reason: correct some typo
Old 18th March 2010, 12:25   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punzabi View Post
@m4ugr8 I am in absolute love with your car mate. I've been following your thread since you began modding your civic but never posted even a single word of appreciation. Let me tell you, the way your looks is absolutely stunning. New Civic has always tickled my fancy but looking at your car has definitely made my mind to buy this (some time in near future). Once I'll be owning a civic, I'll be stealing mod ideas (not the performance mods, just the exterior ones) from your Civic mate.(and possibly bugging you with PMs for help ). Once again killer looks you've given to your car mate.Wish you 100000x happy miles my friend.
Thanks for the Kind words, The car is still not upto what I have thought of it, The Paintjob is still left. Drop me a PM, I have loads of civic MOD ideas with me.
Old 31st March 2010, 22:19   #216
BHPian

mostly the best civic on t-bhp!but may i know why there are no fog lamps??
Old 31st May 2010, 16:22   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procircuit_234 View Post
mostly the best civic on t-bhp!but may i know why there are no fog lamps??
Thanks, fog lamps to be re-installed soon, The Fog lamps usually stand out after the black headlamps. The Projector ones have the chrome lining which i simply hate

Removed the Eibach Springs, now running stock springs. The Ride quality is now much better. no more scrpaing speedbreakers

Best part being that this current suspension setup does not bottom out anywhere compared to the OE one which was horrible.
Old 31st May 2010, 18:55   #218
BHPian

Hi m4ugr8. Amazing looking civic i have ever seen. The black alloys perfectly blend with the car.

By the way how did the mugen kit cost. My dad has a civic. I am planning to install a mugen kit, only after he retires and when i get the key in my hands
Old 1st June 2010, 11:05   #219

hey manan

been drooling over your car from Mumbai... i have now moved to gurgaon, is there any chance to see your car in person ?

i have a civic too

keertan
Old 1st June 2010, 15:19   #220
BHPian

You can spot him may times at GYRO - motibagh. In fact, I have myself seen his ride many times at GYRO
Old 20th September 2010, 19:43   #221
Senior - BHPian

With the drag racing scene in Delhi heating up, what better than this to win some races.

After using this for some of my races, I am absolutely in love with it, no better way of getting 100 BHPs than this.
Attached Thumbnails
Civic with K&N Typhoon Kit. EDIT : Now TURBO-Charged-img00753201009191714.jpg  

Old 20th September 2010, 19:52   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
With the drag racing scene in Delhi heating up, what better than this to win some races.

After using this for some of my races, I am absolutely in love with it, no better way of getting 100 BHPs than this.
Wow manan,excellent upgrade there.I think the front passenger seat
has been removed to fit this?Looks like this is soon going to be the fastest civic in India and the most Bling one too.

Kudos to you buddy.Looking for more future upgrades.
Old 20th September 2010, 19:58   #223
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, I plan to use it for Drag events only. Not be installed and kept in the car, Risk of activating it in the wrong time, Plus its hard to explain cops why do I have a cylinder in the car with a Gauge installed, I was stopped and questioned. CWG in delhi means cop patrolling is very high.

Fastest Civic in india, well I wont say that, In Delhi for sure!! I am waiting for the next Drag in Delhi, So i get to run it against an RS/Accord 2.4/Accord 3.0 V6 etc. It was almost 4 car lengths ahead of a Stage 1 corolla I dragged with. Waiting to see more. All the competition simply refused to drag with me
Old 20th September 2010, 20:30   #224
Team-BHP Support

Looks good. Any beefing up done to the engine for the nitrous?

Also any new pics of your car? Any other mods done recently? Do you think the remap from zakie was worth it, because in the near future I want to get my Accord done by him.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 20th September 2010 at 20:31.
Old 20th September 2010, 22:59   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Thanks, I plan to use it for Drag events only. Not be installed and kept in the car, Risk of activating it in the wrong time, Plus its hard to explain cops why do I have a cylinder in the car with a Gauge installed, I was stopped and questioned. CWG in delhi means cop patrolling is very high.

Fastest Civic in india, well I wont say that, In Delhi for sure!! I am waiting for the next Drag in Delhi, So i get to run it against an RS/Accord 2.4/Accord 3.0 V6 etc. It was almost 4 car lengths ahead of a Stage 1 corolla I dragged with. Waiting to see more. All the competition simply refused to drag with me
Only M4UGR8 could do this, 1st active NOS fired and engine sustained in delhi atleast by me. All the myth's of NOS being dangerous were cleared.

Great step buddy, You are a trend setter for sure.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks