Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2011, 15:52   #256
Senior - BHPian

re: Civic with K&N Typhoon Kit. EDIT : Now TURBO-Charged

Good to see this! I was exactly looking to upgrade to the same suspension setup from RRP. Please write a detailed review on various road conditions. I believe you had Koni Yellows with Eibach springs earlier. Do compare the performance with them as well as with the OEM setup. Btw, what is the model number for the Tein SS dampers ? And did you opt for EDFC?

Last edited by vasoo : 22nd March 2011 at 15:57.
Old 23rd March 2011, 08:40   #257
Senior - BHPian

The HOT RIDE gets *TEIN* treatment! Congrats Manan.

Waiting for your detailed comparison report between these, Koni and stock suspension setup. Cost breakup please. I am looking forward to this mod.
Old 23rd March 2011, 09:55   #258
Senior - BHPian

Awesome upgrade. Congrats, eagerly waiting to read more about the set up and how it behaves on our roads.
Old 16th April 2011, 23:47   #259
Senior - BHPian

A small and brief review on the Tein Super Street Suspension fitted on the car recently.

This kit has changed the driving dynamics of the car complelety, I was wondering while I had ordered this on how would they be different than the Koni's I was already running on the car, and will they be worth the price tag they carry but 500 KMS and they are worth every ruppee, This mod is probably the best MOD i had carried on this car till date.

The ride become much better, the difference was such that even my MOM could make out. Koni's use too transfer the pot hole bump straight to the cabin, they were STIFF but this creases out bumps and pot holes with ease. No bottoming out anywhere.

The high speed stability has reached a different level all together, you can cruise nearly at speeds of 150+ KM/HR and the car feel rock solid, the speed sensation is almost vanished. I need to have a constant EYE on the speedo. Cornering and high speed turns are also improved but the setting I am running right now needs to be stiffened up a little to enjoy cornering a bit more. All in all money well spend. Thank You Phil for suggesting this set for my car.

I have the control, now time for a Power boost to use this properly
Old 15th June 2011, 12:04   #260
Senior - BHPian

I guess you have now TC'ed your car (saw your ad in Classifieds for the Typhoon kit where its mentioned that the sale is due to the TCing of your ride). Well, we are waiting for your review.
Old 15th June 2011, 13:23   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
I guess you have now TC'ed your car (saw your ad in Classifieds for the Typhoon kit where its mentioned that the sale is due to the TCing of your ride). Well, we are waiting for your review.
Yes I have. Car is with Phil, still not complete yet. Will post a detailed thread once I have the car back with me. Stock Internals, 8PSI boost around 190 BHP at the wheels.
Old 15th June 2011, 19:31   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Yes I have. Car is with Phil, still not complete yet. Will post a detailed thread once I have the car back with me. Stock Internals, 8PSI boost around 190 BHP at the wheels.

OK so now we are getting into serious territory - eh ?? 190 Whp, that would be nice !! What is the stock whp of the Civic ? Around 100 whp ?? So now you have a seriously quick reliable daily driver, which just happens to have a "naughty streak" which would show up every now & then !!

Are you going in for the stock kind of sound or sticking to the loud exhaust ?

All the best - let us wait & watch the results

Cheerio
Old 16th June 2011, 09:57   #263

hey - what wheels are you running ?
Old 16th June 2011, 10:51   #264
Senior - BHPian

Stock is quoted at 130PS AFAIK. Pics?
Old 16th June 2011, 11:04   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Stock is quoted at 130PS AFAIK. Pics?

That would be at the crank - right ? He is talking 190 at the wheels. So 130 less transmission loss comes close to 100 at the wheels.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers
Old 16th June 2011, 11:07   #266
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
That would be at the crank - right ? He is talking 190 at the wheels. So 130 less transmission loss comes close to 100 at the wheels.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers
GTOs Civic got 118 at the wheels bone stock. Or maybe it was 117. I don't think a manual would have more than 10-15% loss between the crank and the wheels.
Old 16th June 2011, 18:27   #267
Senior - BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Abusive language – whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and use of abusive words/photographs in posts/avatars/signatures/topics is STRICTLY prohibited.

Last edited by GTO : 18th June 2011 at 17:39. Reason: Do NOT use inappropriate language on Team-BHP
pranavt is offline   Received Infraction
Old 16th June 2011, 20:58   #268
Senior - BHPian

@Pranav - The 190whp figure has been put by m4ugr8 So I believe your question is for him.

@Ricky_63 - as others have posted 130 to 100 is too huge a loss for transmission loss.
Old 13th July 2011, 13:41   #269
Senior - BHPian

All hadware is now installed on the car. Plumbing/Turbo/Manifold/BOV/Intercooler etc etc.

ECU wiring is under process, I am out of the country hence cannot post pictures. By the time I get back I think the car should be on the road. If Mr Speedsport himself can share some pictures nothing like it.

Clutch and Brake pads are also being upgraded to perform with the turbo. All of which are now with Phil for installation.
Old 15th July 2011, 22:11   #270
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Civic with K&N Typhoon Kit. EDIT : Now TURBO-Charged

Man, I really like how you mod your Civic. You do realise that the more reviews you put up, the more I'm tempted

How much for the suspension? And when are you back to post a driving impression for us? The two things I really want to know about - post turbo - are:

- Lag. And how it affects driveability

- Long term reliability which, I guess, we'll have to wait a 2 - 3 years to gauge.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks