Team-BHP - Civic with K&N Typhoon Kit. EDIT : Now TURBO-Charged
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Civic with K&N Typhoon Kit. EDIT : Now TURBO-Charged (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/50142-civic-k-n-typhoon-kit-edit-now-turbo-charged.html)

After adding stuff to the exterior of my car, It was time i added some stuff under the Hood.

I had added a Exhaust, but that was purely for the sound. Only a Bolt-On Endcan.

So I decided to add a K&N 69 Series Typhoon kit. Its also called a FIPK or Forced Induction performance Kit. It guaranteed an increase of 6 BHPs, So this was the best bet when installing a Filter to the Civic.

It came with all necessary stuff required to install it, Brackets,Nuts,Holders etc. The Kit consisted of a Filter,CAI Pipe and a Heat Shield.So installing was not that difficult infact it was done by Me,Hellspawn and noidaboy and a few other helpers.

I got this Kit from GYRO Automotive Essentials, A newly opened store at Moti Bagh in New Delhi. Its a nice store with almost everything. Since noidaboy is associated with this Brand, getting a good price for the kit was not a problem:D. Here are some Pics.

The Initial driving impressions were very impressive, There was an immediate increase in the way the car responded after flowering the pedal, Infact the low end torque also increased to some extent. The car pulls nicely all the way to the REV-limiter in every gear. I will do a 0-100 Time soon and post the results here. And the induction noise is too die For. GOD bless the FE of my car now, The sound forces me to Floor the car even more.

good going mate!!!

price?good price for old friends?

So basically it uses the original filter casing base.as well as the original air pipe.

edit: just saw it.completely new box and pipe.

The Kit is Priced at 16990 MRP. Like I said i got a special Price :D

hey,

Congrats on your new K & N Typhoon Kit.

Unfortunately it is not readily available for many brands of car which are sold in India. I own a Hyundai (Santro), in Hyundai category it is available for Getz readily but not Santro.

I beleive excessive care needs to be taken during rainy and Monsoon seasons for cars with conical and FIPK kits.

Happy revving and drive safe...

Cheers!

Congrats bling boy!! Now you are bling + performance boy.The low seems to have improved and the induction sound as well.:)Enjoy!

Congrats manan !!! So is this the starting of the long list of performance mods ?

@m4ugr8
I think you have one of the hottest looking Civic in Delhi. Now performance mods are also being added which you would make this car, the fastest civic in delhi too.
Congrats for your purchase, eagerly waiting for your 0-100 sprint timings.

What part of Delhi you live in ? Would definitely try taking out time to see the car in flesh.

How did you go around CEL issue? And, more details on the end can please!

There is no CEL issue as the typhoon kit has the provision for the stock maf sensor to slot into it.Also a seperate breather pipe is provided which gets attached to the filter.
So in the end,nothing is removed,all the electrical and mechanical connections are replicated as provided with the filter.
I think the end can is a mugen or magnaflow which he got installed from Autopsyche.

Manan in the first pic.
I see a silver 2 door coupe in the glass window reflection of the showroom.is that a 350z by any chance?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajiv.kulkarni (Post 1081403)
hey,

Congrats on your new K & N Typhoon Kit.

Unfortunately it is not readily available for many brands of car which are sold in India. I own a Hyundai (Santro), in Hyundai category it is available for Getz readily but not Santro.

I beleive excessive care needs to be taken during rainy and Monsoon seasons for cars with conical and FIPK kits.

Happy revving and drive safe...

Cheers!

Thanks, Yup Care is needed, But that is okk with me

Quote:

Originally Posted by noidaboy (Post 1081416)
Congrats bling boy!! Now you are bling + performance boy.The low seems to have improved and the induction sound as well.:)Enjoy!

Thanks and yes the induction sound is enchanting

Quote:

Originally Posted by aZa (Post 1081440)
Congrats manan !!! So is this the starting of the long list of performance mods ?

Lets Hope So
Quote:

Originally Posted by inferno (Post 1081515)
@m4ugr8
I think you have one of the hottest looking Civic in Delhi. Now performance mods are also being added which you would make this car, the fastest civic in delhi too.
Congrats for your purchase, eagerly waiting for your 0-100 sprint timings.

What part of Delhi you live in ? Would definitely try taking out time to see the car in flesh.

Thanks, Timings very soon, I put up in South Delhi, PM me for more details.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shuvd (Post 1081703)
How did you go around CEL issue? And, more details on the end can please!

The CAI Pipe has a special slot for the stock MAF Sensor, So basically the Sensor goes into it without any cutting or weldings etc, thats the basic objective of this kit. So i dont get any CEL Light wat so ever. The kit was fitted and immediately we took the car for a spin, No issues anywhere.

The endcan is a direct bolt-on endcan, That also requires no welding cutting etc. It was sourced from Autopsyche,Arush PM him for more details.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navpreet318 (Post 1081720)
Manan in the first pic.
I see a silver 2 door coupe in the glass window reflection of the showroom.is that a 350z by any chance?

There is a FairladyZ (350z convertible) there,but i guess what you saw was a DC Modifed merc S-class

@ m4ugr8: thats a very nice and clean install. just a suggestion, please take some time in keeping the engine bay clean.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by navpreet318 (Post 1081720)

Quote:

Originally Posted by noidaboy (Post 1081863)
There is a FairladyZ (350z convertible) there,but i guess what you saw was a DC Modifed merc S-class

:OT Thats indeed the DC modded S-class,see the window lines and door handles.

Oh i had no idea that DC had shown his creativity or should i say the lake of it like this.
i remember this car it was called something else and was on sale in the autocar classified section.stated as a prototype.lol

@m4ugr8 - Congrats on your new kit.Must say yours is probably the best looking Civic out there.Have not come across any even close to yours in Mumbai.Enjoy your ride mate and do post your 0-100 time soon.
PS - any plans to turbo/ECU?That would be too good I guess.:thumbs up