Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2008, 15:21   #1
BHPian

Maruti 1000 modified to a convertible 2 door with manual soft top

check this 1000 I modified to a 2 door convertible in 2001 with a manual soft top. In this modification my idea was to do it simple and yet keeping all the normal accessories of the car as it was given by MARUTI. or use other parts of Maruti so that the car would be easily maintained. The car is still in the same condition. We have not changed the length of the car but have reinforced the chassis to a very precision job to take the weight in the car. And till date the car has no problems what so ever. Hope you guys enjoy the snaps.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti 1000 modified to a convertible 2 door with manual soft top-scan0030.jpg  

Maruti 1000 modified to a convertible 2 door with manual soft top-scan0031.jpg  

Maruti 1000 modified to a convertible 2 door with manual soft top-scan0029.jpg  

Old 7th December 2008, 18:56   #2
BHPian

wow, that's something different and not seen everyday. seems to be a very neat and clean job. the long dicky is messing up the proportions though, i suppose that's where the soft top is stored? how about some pics with the top on? alloys would make it look more sporty. all in all a successful project. kudos!
Old 7th December 2008, 21:41   #3
Senior - BHPian

Very well made really. Great effort there Subodh. Im glad you kept the original look of the M1000. Kudos to you
Old 7th December 2008, 22:00   #4
Senior - BHPian

@ Subodh_Nath: A very neat and clean job done.As vishal pointed out, a good set of alloys would make it look more sporty. Would love to see some pics with the top on.i like the third pic very much.
Old 8th December 2008, 01:04   #5
Senior - BHPian

Awesome mod job! Just love the way you have converted her into a 2-door.
Old 8th December 2008, 01:24   #6

This thread makes me wonder. If this same car was in the Wierd and Whacky mod section, everyone would be hammering away to Glory about how bad the car looks. I wouldnt even touch this car with a yardstick. What a mess...But atleast it is a 1000 s0 its no loss to us. Was a bad car anyways.
Old 8th December 2008, 02:02   #7
BHPian

along with the alloys add a small spoiler to complete the package.
Old 8th December 2008, 02:07   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight View Post
along with the alloys add a small spoiler to complete the package.
+1 to that! One of the few chop jobs that does not go into the weird and whacky thread, good job dude.
Old 8th December 2008, 08:39   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
This thread makes me wonder. If this same car was in the Wierd and Whacky mod section, everyone would be hammering away to Glory about how bad the car looks.
Nopes i disagree, i would be the first one to say that it deserves to be out of the whacked out list. Its very neat work, might not appeal to all but definitely not over the top.
Old 8th December 2008, 08:45   #10
Team-BHP Support

The car is looking good but from the safety point of view the car is not safe in case of a rollover. In open top cars the seats have reinforements at the back which will save the passengers in case of a rollover.
Old 8th December 2008, 08:45   #11
BHPian

Wow!!. A convertable and a 2 door. The changes look clean. Yes Like others have suggested, alloys and spoiler would make it look better. Also some pics with the top and the cost for the modifications please.
Old 8th December 2008, 08:51   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
This thread makes me wonder. If this same car was in the Wierd and Whacky mod section, everyone would be hammering away to Glory about how bad the car looks. I wouldnt even touch this car with a yardstick. What a mess...But atleast it is a 1000 s0 its no loss to us. Was a bad car anyways.
You are not alone. I was going to post the same thing. But then again, this was almost 8 years ago, and I'm sure we'd have done similar stuff way back then

Last edited by greenhorn : 8th December 2008 at 08:52.
Old 8th December 2008, 11:09   #13
Senior - BHPian

Very decent work, no arbit madness - clean overall. Me likes.
Old 8th December 2008, 11:26   #14
BHPian

I would only say neat job after I've seen the car with the top on. I'm thinking it would look funny. Can we have more pics please?
Old 8th December 2008, 11:35   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subodh Nath View Post
The car is still in the same condition. We have not changed the length of the car but have reinforced the chassis to a very precision job to take the weight in the car. And till date the car has no problems what so ever. Hope you guys enjoy the snaps.
Nice car. Good work.

Can you list what reinforcements to the chassis have been done.
What about Chassis Flex due to removal of top?

Has the A pillar also been strengthened to hold the car weight in case of a rollover?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks