Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2008, 16:15   #31
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I need to know whether there is any difference in the engine specs....performance wise...
As mentioned earlier, nope, there is no difference in the engine / specs.
Old 24th December 2008, 17:36   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Playing around with steering wheel = not adviseable, due to the air bag.
Oh, I just saw this. Ofcourse, I cannot get it changed from the local accessory guy.

What I meant is that if someone is ready to pay, then the vRS steering wheel can be bought and fitted on the TPi > the autorized Skoda guys would do it I am quite sure.
Old 24th December 2008, 18:09   #33
Senior - BHPian

No they won't. Tampering with the airbag system is a big no-no.
Old 24th December 2008, 18:12   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
Oh, I just saw this. Ofcourse, I cannot get it changed from the local accessory guy.

What I meant is that if someone is ready to pay, then the vRS steering wheel can be bought and fitted on the TPi > the autorized Skoda guys would do it I am quite sure.

It will be a very expensive swap not worth it IMHO !!

@ Hafi

A fibreglass sunroof ? Stay away from such contraptions = problems galore + asthetics will go for a toss. Just buy a used RS if you are so obsessed with your TPi looking like a RS..
Old 24th December 2008, 18:56   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
No they won't. Tampering with the airbag system is a big no-no.
Tampering?? If an "authorized" service station is doing it, it's not called tampering.

Lets say, your airbag gets deployed, wouldn't they fix it? Would you call that "tampering" as well?

It's a matter of disconnecting the proper wires, and reconnecting them appropriately. Someone who knows how, can do it quite easily.

@Ricky : Yes, I agree that it would be prohibitively expensive. But since we are just hypothetically calculating the cost of converting a TPi to RS, I wouldn't my knowing something like that.
Old 24th December 2008, 19:13   #36
Senior - BHPian

You are talking about the Skoda A.S.S here. Gonna bet they will refuse to touch the steering and tell you some story about VAG-COM and warranties and high-tech.
Old 24th December 2008, 19:21   #37
BANNED

is it actually smaller?Have any one seen both the steering's?

and what if any one wanted to change the stock steering into a sports one?Is it like "impossible" in a skoda?

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Last edited by Technocrat : 24th December 2008 at 19:24. Reason: see note in post
Old 24th December 2008, 19:57   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAFI View Post
is it actually smaller?Have any one seen both the steering's?

and what if any one wanted to change the stock steering into a sports one?Is it like "impossible" in a skoda?

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Hafi

I think you are chasing a fruitless venture. In plain language IT IS NOT WORTH THE EFFORT, but if you have endless money to spend then may as well get the RS why get into this endless discussion on cost saving.

One thing is for sure you will NOT save but spend more & never ever end up with the factory finish you are hoping to get !!

That is my point of view. You are ofcourse welcome to pursue this discussion endlessly, afterall we live in a free world

Cheers

Hope you find the "solution" sooner than later !!
Old 24th December 2008, 20:48   #39
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Hafi

I think you are chasing a fruitless venture. In plain language IT IS NOT WORTH THE EFFORT, but if you have endless money to spend then may as well get the RS why get into this endless discussion on cost saving.

One thing is for sure you will NOT save but spend more & never ever end up with the factory finish you are hoping to get !!

That is my point of view. You are ofcourse welcome to pursue this discussion endlessly, afterall we live in a free world

Cheers

Hope you find the "solution" sooner than later !!
No dude.I definitely care about the money i spend.I dont have any choice other than to choose the 1.8 tpi course i don't find any RS in town unless i go to other state like Bangalore and pick one.Here the RS here is very veryt rare and the ones avalable is hefty costly.If in any way i could get an RS(good condition) i would definitly choose it without thinking twice.

Thanking You,
Hafi
Old 25th December 2008, 02:05   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
Tampering?? If an "authorized" service station is doing it, it's not called tampering.

Lets say, your airbag gets deployed, wouldn't they fix it? Would you call that "tampering" as well?

It's a matter of disconnecting the proper wires, and reconnecting them appropriately. Someone who knows how, can do it quite easily.

@Ricky : Yes, I agree that it would be prohibitively expensive. But since we are just hypothetically calculating the cost of converting a TPi to RS, I wouldn't my knowing something like that.
If your airbags get deployed, you need to change the entire dash.

And the less said about Skoda dealers the better, I used to get Peter from Cochin to send his guys to Chennai for taking care of my RS.
Old 25th December 2008, 06:42   #41
BHPian

Hmm as far as I know, the only differences in between the TPi and RS are:
1) Body kit including sunroof, headlamp washers and that RSes has xenons.
2) The RS comes with factory leather
3) They run Koni FSIs
4) Yes the steering wheels is of a smaller diameter...more sporty

That's about all I know about the issue.

However my personal suggestion would be why mod the TPi into an RS? why not make it better?
Old 25th December 2008, 14:53   #42
BANNED

i'd say buy a 1.8tpi and get a decent customised body kit and make it look more hotter than RS version.
what say?
Old 25th December 2008, 15:54   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty9991 View Post
i'd say buy a 1.8tpi and get a decent customised body kit and make it look more hotter than RS version.
what say?
with monty. Get a 1.8tpi and get a widebodykit(something similar to autopsyche's barracuda or goliath octavias).
Old 28th December 2008, 11:57   #44
BHPian

I'd go for the 1.8tpi any day! if you save 1-1.5lacs by getting a car with the same engine and no frills i would use that money to customise it to my liking. totally agree with monty and badboyscad.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks