Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2005, 17:40   #16
BHPian

hey i install filter's myself and yes i do advise all my clients to switch to their box filter's during the time of rain...because no matter what you do the water is still going to get in contact with the filter and hence damage the filter...so what you can do is install your air box and get a K&N stock replacemnet filter for the time being...well since your in bangalore what better than methods...they will give you the perfect solution..if you do need any other help please feel free to pm me...cheers...!!
Old 17th April 2005, 23:34   #17
BHPian

i was just wondering i have a k&n universal and i am sure water does not enter the engine bay even when i have gone swimming....so is it ok if i have the k&n fitted during the monsoon?
or should i take it out.?
Old 18th April 2005, 02:06   #18
BHPian

hey adil just to be safe...make sure you dont drive into a puddle too oftenly and stuff..well besides that if you do want to get the box replacement done for the time being we can always arrange for that ...cheers...!!
Old 18th April 2005, 15:15   #19
BHPian

I have a Honda Vtec with a K&N extreme performance cone filter with the plumbing. And looking at the way the filter has been placed (The piping starts from behind the engine and the filter is besides the engine) i really doubt that it will come in contact with water!! So, Does the filter in da Honda City also come on contact with water in the rains normally???
Old 19th April 2005, 00:14   #20
BHPian

hey buddy jigar from what you tell me your setup seems like the most common one used...so i can imagine where the filter is localted...and yea accordingly it shouldn't be a problem..but as i said be a little more careful while driving and try speeding in water or driving over puddle's..cheers...!!
Old 19th April 2005, 03:09   #21
BHPian

thanks dragger....shall make sure, its been taken off in the rains!
Old 20th April 2005, 06:05   #22
BHPian

hey buddy jigar if your going to take it off in the rains...that's a wise thing to do..well all i have to tell you is that when you install back your air box...think about getting a K&N box replacement filter...becuase your habitual to the kind of power in the gear shifts your not going to get the same power because you'll be going back to stock...so the car will also feel a little sluggish as compared to when you had the K&N filter mounted...so the box replacement filter obviously cant compensate for the universal filter but yea it can cover up the difference marignally...so a K&N box relplacement filter is advised...the rest is up to you...this was just my bit that i could give you..well if you do need the box replacement filter or any performance parts...just feel free to pm me...cheers...!!

Last edited by dragger : 20th April 2005 at 06:07. Reason: Spell Check
Old 4th July 2009, 22:02   #23
Senior - BHPian

Got the conical filter wet

Hi guys,
i somehow managed to get my conical k&N filter wet from the bottom side
during tonights heavy rains.It wasn;t complelty wet but when i opened the hood and tocuhed the bottom of the filter i found wetness on the surface.
I was wondering what kind of damage can i excpect.It was not like the car was submerged.
Please suggest.

thanks

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 4th July 2009 at 22:09.
Old 22nd December 2011, 20:13   #24
BHPian

Re: K&N filters & protection from water

Guys,

PLs. Suggest me, I am owning Punto 1.3 Diesel, I am on a verge to go for K & N filter, I heard numerous things about it both Positives and negatives. The Thing which squeals my head is "when in Monsoon and sometimes the K & N tends to absorb water and OIL" which makes the MAF sensor in Punto clog with OIL, I read in some forum about the same, one was complaining about OIL clog in MAF sensor region and literally the car lost its performance.

it was said that use K & N filters in the cities where dust is NOT that much and K & N filters dosent filter well. I am from chennai. I am now confused,i see a lot of Dust

Can someone throw somelight on this??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks