Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2005, 11:26   #16
BANNED

hey x buddy.those tali lamps r still used in the glxi variants.crystal ones are used on higher variants like the sfxi or invex.
Old 16th April 2005, 13:04   #17
Senior - BHPian

alloys are not of my taste but overall car looks great!!
Old 16th April 2005, 15:28   #18
BHPian

Hey karthik wr di du see this car?
Old 16th April 2005, 16:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

yeah tail lamps are still used in the glxi variants.the slxi and the sfxi and so on have the crystal ones.

Rev
Old 16th April 2005, 23:55   #20
Senior - BHPian

i just came across this lancer..the guy wanted to sell it...he said 5.75 at first but then came all the way down to 5lacs..interiors were also done nnicely..he said it was a repaint(was red at first) but dunno if there were any accidents..
Old 17th April 2005, 00:23   #21
RJK
Senior - BHPian

LOL..5Lacs for a lancer ! Which world is he living in! Asking him if he's selling two at that price
Old 17th April 2005, 01:34   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK
LOL..5Lacs for a lancer ! Which world is he living in! Asking him if he's selling two at that price

2???????????? r u crazy dude ?????u still quote 2.5 lacs for it??????????man thats a colour change.it was red b4.that 2 he is not sure if it is accidental.

not worth buying unless its for 2 lacs or 2.10 lacs THAT IS IT...........NOT EVEN A SINGLE PENNY MORE.but my personal opiniun wud be not 2 go for it b`coz of the colour change.wont be able to sell it quickly.and that is not even sfxi that is a glxi(NEW ONE IS FOR AROUND 6.5LACS)
Old 17th April 2005, 02:53   #23
Senior - BHPian

which model did you say it was.if it is 1999 - 2001 then its worth approximately 3l.

Rev
Old 17th April 2005, 10:46   #24
BANNED

just yesterday i went to see a SFXi yday which my friend wants to buy. so he got the car to my place i go out and i see it has 13 inch wheels on it. i was like then its 13 running on 175 i was like eeks. open the door and white leather inside and everything with screen and stuff. good stuff. but a normal 4 spoke wheel im like fishy. the badges say sfx with the skirts and all. its a bombay no car and 2nd owner. he asked 4.75 for that 2002 glx into sfx 18000 kms done. im still shocked at this all. my friend is buying it though for 4.30 he just got sold on the white interiors
Old 17th April 2005, 11:27   #25
BANNED

Friends Friends Friends In Telling U Again And Again That A Lancer Is Not Worth That Price At Allllllll Trust Me I`ve Sold So Many Lancers In Delhi At Such Cheap Costs.(sum Even In Losses) Coz Lacer Has Got No Resale Value.and A Colour Change???????????damn Its Not Even Worth 2 Think About ..............
Old 12th June 2005, 10:46   #26
Senior - BHPian

Hey people,

I have been driving lancer for two years now. If you think the cars old now I agree but if you say it is out of competition then think again.

1. it is still best looker in the competition(this side od 10lacs)forger octacia RS and mondeo
2. The best handler of a car you can get.Power on invecs rocks
3 Best car to modify
4. Resale value definitely not the best but not as low as the old city vtec(2.75 lacs 2002) and astras that go for less than 2lacs. elantra lies in the same league as lancer but optra octavia and corolla fare better but they are too expensive to maintain compared to lancer.
5. quality of the car is still the selling point and service centers are efficient
6. awarded the car of the year 2005.
7. new invecs rocks

cons

1. Ride not good .can be improved by better tyres(tubeless)
2. power on the low side(I prefer the fuel efficieny of 12-14 with ac in city)(Heres where the modification part comes in.
3. Interiors suck big time and nothin can be done about it
4. New versions going around are just better anyday.Myself will buy a octavia RS anyday against the current lancer (even the invecs doesnt save it)
5. recently a few lot of cars were not good in quality .Hm has taken note and now they are good enough.

no car is perfect but this car has lived a great life in India.I still love mine and respect it. BUt I agree it is old and should retire now.

cheers
boyracer
Old 13th June 2005, 09:16   #27
BHPian

Hey dude the 99 model won't cost more then2.5lacs!!!!!!!
Old 13th June 2005, 13:05   #28
Senior - BHPian

How about being clear about the model you are talking about.Whether thats gli,glxi,slxi,sfxi or lei.I am sure you are talking about the glxi.

My friend drives a used vtec that is 2002 bought for 2.75.

the sfxi 2002 model in my city will atleast cost 3.50 lacs.

The only two reasons for this are

1. the vtecs dont take to rash driving easily while lancers do.Again the cost of maintainence is more than 50percent less on lancers than on the city's.A fog lamp kit on a city costs 24k while on lancers it costs 3k.

2. the city has been discountinued and the parts may be hard to procure in future(maybe).

I am not saying this because I own one .But because I know it .AS i said today I wont buy a lancer but a skoda RS .but that doesnt change the fact the lancer is still the best handling car after Octavia RS and mondeo. and still the car with second highest power/weight ratio (invecs after octacvia RS).the invecs glxi will make the a superb contender in modified category.
Old 13th June 2005, 13:23   #29

hey dude.. I really love lancers personally..
i have one my self.. a SFX model 2003
i think its a rili cool car two modify..
1 > got a K&N Air Filter with the Typhoon Kit.
2> got Brembo Brakes Pads.
3> Sparco Seats and Steering Wheel
4> HKS Free Flow and Headers
5> Engine Boosted by Afzal Paani
6> got Mags 16" of Oz Racing and Tyres of GoodYear F1
7> Made my car as light as possible like it's a ready for drag..
8> Black Colour.. with some decals..

Its a car you can do Much..
ALWAYS GO AHEAD WITH A LANCER BUT YA TRY TO GET A BETTER MODEL..
Old 13th June 2005, 13:33   #30
Senior - BHPian

whats the fuel efficiency man?7?6?5? or even less? thats really cool.What was the investment you put in? your bonnet must be shouting loud now?

So how does it race?

Mine is stock and personally tuned for timing by me.gives mileage of 14kmpl in city with ac on(compares to the new city) and 17-18 on the highway with ac.I raced a ford ikon once beat it badly though a Corolla KEPT ME WAY BEHIND.

I would like to know how your car runs

cheers
boyracer

Last edited by devarshi84 : 13th June 2005 at 13:39.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks