Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2005, 13:57   #31
BANNED

Hey fahad,

Can you post some pics please.. love to see and some more info on the car and the kits and what it costed yu a review will be very good please..

how much did the Brembo Brakes Pads cost and where are they available..

also devrashi please do post spme pics of your car and how have you timed her to get amazing mileage like that and where please
Old 14th June 2005, 04:38   #32
Senior - BHPian

Well said ,

farhad I would love to see pics of ur car too.

My car is a red sfxi with the mettalic grille.there is a pic doing round .Axually I had snapped a similar pic and I tot it has been lifted by some 1. But I will always watermark my pics from now on. For increased fuel efficiency .

1. I use premium fuel
2. played with clutch timing.3
3. tubeless 16" recomended
4. Where the sparks fit just increase the distance by a minute .001MM(not recommded unless and until done by a pro)Iridium spark plugs are highly recommended too.

waiting for ur pics man

cheers
Boyracer
Old 25th June 2005, 08:07   #33
Senior - BHPian

Whats the highest bhp's some1 has got from their lancer?
I read 110 somewhere.BUt I think 100 more realistic .
Old 25th June 2005, 13:41   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
. and still the car with second highest power/weight ratio (invecs after octacvia RS).the invecs glxi will make the a superb contender in modified category.
Power produced at the crank and power delivered to the wheels makes a lot of difference ...
invecs comes with an Auto/tiptronic which is a complete waste of the engine output ..hence the invecs despite its 128bhp engine is a mile behind in performance than a lot of cars ...

i'd agree with you if the invecs is mated with a manual stick ..
Old 26th June 2005, 12:39   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_lover
Power produced at the crank and power delivered to the wheels makes a lot of difference ...
invecs comes with an Auto/tiptronic which is a complete waste of the engine output ..hence the invecs despite its 128bhp engine is a mile behind in performance than a lot of cars ...

i'd agree with you if the invecs is mated with a manual stick ..

Correction: first and foremost invecs is not 128bhp but 120 bhp.

Secondly it is the only car to do a 120 in the second gear after octavia Rs .(baleno does around 105)

thirdly Bhp/ton makes a drastic differnce as the weight carried is to be less.

Fourth. The invecs lets the car be revved as the driver wants. Hence in the right hands power will be plentiful .

fifth: The invecs sucks because Hm has not given it proper extras like good alloy tubeless wheel .

It is the second fastest car(maybe in sync with Corolla or ahead but ot behind) but definitely after octavia RS.
Old 26th June 2005, 13:40   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Secondly it is the only car to do a 120 in the second gear after octavia Rs .(baleno does around 105)
That's coz it's the only car in it's class with a 4 speed gearbox. It doesn't do 120kmph by choice. It needs to have such tall gears, in order to support the lack of a 5th speed.

Quote:
It is the second fastest car(maybe in sync with Corolla or ahead but ot behind) but definitely after octavia RS.
0-100kmph (in secs)
Skoda RS - 8.97
Corolla - 9.82
Optra - 11.10
Elantra - 11.90
Skoda Octavia 2ltr - 12.41
Elantra crdi - 12.59
Mitsubishi Invex - 13.00

Top Speed (in kmph)
Skoda RS - 210+
Corolla - 191.6
Optra - 190.8
Elantra - 190.1
Skoda Octavia 2ltr - 191
Elantra crdi - 185.8
Mitsubishi Invex - 172.2

How does that make the Invex the 2nd fastest, when it's got the worst performance in it's class.

Quote:
Nope, not when it's mated to a 4 speed auto box. The results are right in front of you. The Invex is even slower than the Elantra crdi, need i say more.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 26th June 2005 at 15:02.
Old 26th June 2005, 13:53   #37
BHPian

[/quote]
hey dude if you are talking abt c segment cars also then the carb esteem is also capable of doing 120 in the second gear and if you are talkin abt the other segment cars then i m sorry dude
Old 26th June 2005, 13:53   #38
Senior - BHPian

Hey

Sad to know the Lancer Invecs is slower than a diesel car (Elantra Crdi). The SFXi versions were always lookers, though performance sucked bigtime. I guess the tradition continues.

Devarshi, what VTEC was this for 2.75 lakhs?! Here 2002 VTECs are 6 lakhs. How many k's had this done, and what was the history? If it was all clean, it sounds like the deal of the century!

Also, the 13B and B15 (VTEC - B15C) Honda engines are among the most popular ever, esp in Asia. Spares are not a problem. And upon the launch of NHC, Honda SIEL had promised OHC spares will be available for 10 years from the company. Not like you need to keep patching up an OHC anyway!!!
Old 26th June 2005, 14:29   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
4. Resale value definitely not the best but not as low as the old city vtec(2.75 lacs 2002)
Hahaha, a 2002 Vtec for 2.75 lacs??? I'm sure many members here would want to pounce on it right away, provided it doesn't have an accident prone history.

Quote:
Devarshi, what VTEC was this for 2.75 lakhs?! Here 2002 VTECs are 6 lakhs
Believe it or not, we got an offer of 6 lacs for our 2001 Vtec (which we refused).

Shan2nu
Old 26th June 2005, 14:49   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
0-100kmph (in secs)
Skoda RS - 8.97
Corolla - 9.82
Optra - 11.10
Elantra - 11.90
Skoda Octavia 2ltr - 12.41
Elantra crdi - 12.59
Mitsubishi Invex - 13.00

Top Speed (in kmph)
Skoda RS - 210+
Corolla - 191.6
Optra - 190.8
Elantra - 190.1
Skoda Octavia 2ltr - 191
Elantra crdi - 185.8
Mitsubishi Invex - 172.2

How does that make the Invex the 2nd fastest, when it's got the worst performance in it's class.
Thanks shan2nu on this ....its hilarious how the Invecs can compared to the likes of corolla in terms of performance or anything for that matter...

now my 2 cents on how pathetic the invecs really performs with the 4 spd trans
despite
Quote:
the car with second highest power/weight ratio (invecs after octacvia RS).
0-100
Swift 12.85 secs
OHC 1.3 12.98
accent CRDi 12.57
palio 1.6 GTX 11.87
Lancer 128 bhp Ooops my bad 120 bhp 13.00 secs ...
did i mention the esteem does 0-100 in early 13s ?

Quote:
yeah ..i know how much difference bhp/ton makes ..perfect example would be the esteem since the invecs should be compared to that segment in terms of performance ..simply because there is not much difference between invecs and the b + segment cars ...

Quote:
esteem does a 120 in 2nd gear ... a baleno will smother the invecs

Quote:
first and foremost invecs is not 128bhp but 120 bhp.
shoots ..i lost 5 points in the quiz !

Quote:
The invecs sucks .
I Agree ...why ? coz its an invecs ...

i am a huge lancer fan ..but invecs is higly unsuccessful because of numerous ..i wish they brought out the manual with that motor ..that would really be a rage ...

Last edited by turbo_lover : 26th June 2005 at 14:51.
Old 26th June 2005, 15:20   #41
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
LOL!! The Lancer 1.8 slushbox as the second fastest car - Dude, dont believe anything that the Hindustan Motor salesmen tell you

Whats next, the Ambassador 1.8 as the latest road burner outhandling Octavia RS' on Indian roads?

GTO
Old 26th June 2005, 16:30   #42
Senior - BHPian

IBM chief's Vtec 46000km, 2001 model, dark blue, 5.9 lakhs. That's the price in Bangalore. And it's an average price.

The Esteem MPFI does not hit 120 in 2nd, as far as I know. Also, Esteem takes 11.xx to 100, not 13!!!
Old 26th June 2005, 17:58   #43
Senior - BHPian

yah dude not the mpfi ..carb one does i should have specified my bad ...

11 secs ?....okhay i didnt know that ...thanx
Old 26th June 2005, 22:40   #44
Senior - BHPian

About the 0-100 times of invecs and other cars .they are straight taken from overdrive which has always been inefficient in the figures. Look at autocar and it will give you the picture.Overdrive always has two different figures in two different tests.I never said lancer has a higher top speed.IT is also lower than the OHC agreed.
Its the acceleration that matters and thats where it scores better than eteem whichever or Ikon or crdi or elantra.

Correction: It was the corolla automatic I was confusing with. Corolla manual is faster(much fster).I drive the cars to review myself and it was the automatic I drove.Apologies

Which carb esteem model are you referring to. I would like to see this car myself.IS it modified anyways .Because carb cars can be modified for more power than mpfi.It is not possible for a carb esteem to do 120 in second gear.Play with the facts not fanboyism

When I say lancer is good I also say not recommended to buy too coz it is too old to compete and lacks features too.ANd HM is also bringing in the carisma for this reason.It is able to do 120 in second purely because it is an automatic agreed but to use it as a manual needs real skills(I am not the best on that auto box myself.It was the HM guy who showed me the potential of the car.)

I dont have a knowledge of the car market indiawide but have a look at a reputed site like automart(mahindra's website) or Indiacar.com and you will get the picture. THis vtec was bought my a close friends of mine. Done 78K with full service histry .The owner sold the car saying the some parts are not available anymore but aftermarket non Honda are available plenty. I can get more details about this car if anybody is intrested.

I dont like to argue but put the facts straight.No lancer fanboy here and just wished to clear some confusions.

I started this argument with my mistake about the corolla figures but the for anybody who thinks invecs is not fast I will recommend a test drive.
Old 26th June 2005, 22:46   #45
Senior - BHPian

I'm sorry, devarshi, but I have personally sat in a carb esteem that was not modded in any way, and it does pretty much 120 in 2nd gear. In fact, it is owned by a BHPian.

78k is a little high. But it is still a steal. Your friend is lucky. Very lucky.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks