Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2005, 22:55   #46
Senior - BHPian

Hey bro,

I beg to differ about the carb esteem.THat 65bhp car always has had trouble reaching 100 with ac. leave aside doing 120 in second. the speedo may be wrong or some mods are there for sure.

78k is a bit high and 2.75 a bit low .Hence it was a good deal. But to geta good price on a car dont go to the second dealers. Contact the owners straight and see the price difference.
Old 26th June 2005, 23:04   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
About the 0-100 times of invecs and other cars .they are straight taken from overdrive which has always been inefficient in the figures.
Here comes the first excuse!!! If you check the autocar Index, you'll also notice that they've mentioned that the Invex has a 5 speed auto box. What do you expect me to believe?

Quote:
THis vtec was bought my a close friends of mine. Done 78K with full service histry .The owner sold the car saying the some parts are not available anymore but aftermarket non Honda are available plenty. I can get more details about this car if anybody is intrested.
Oh yeah, please do get more details. I'd like to know, which part of the car isn't available with Honda.

Quote:
I started this argument with my mistake about the corolla figures but the for anybody who thinks invecs is not fast I will recommend a test drive.
Been there, done that........and i still feel it's nowhere close to what a 120bhp car should feel like. It maybe fast on it's own but, when compared to the other cars in it's class, it loses hands down.

C'mon, you're not the only one who's driven the Invex here.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 26th June 2005 at 23:54.
Old 26th June 2005, 23:10   #48
Senior - BHPian

Devarshi, there are no mods on the esteem. Only it's timing is always spot-on. The owner told me there are no mods, and I take his word for it. He also drives in a manner to squeeze every last drop out of his cars.

Shan, surely you know who I'm talking about. You were there when I got this ride!
Old 26th June 2005, 23:22   #49
Senior - BHPian

I still don't see the point behind the "My car touches 120 in 2nd" agruement. There's nothing surprising or great about a 4 speed auto hitting 120 in 2nd.

Gear ratios are set, considering the number of gears available and the power/torque curves.

All i need to do is reduce the 2nd gear ratio on the Vtec from 1.909 to 1.612 and it'll hit 120kmph too but, i won't really gain anything in terms of out right performance. The Vtec engine (or any other 5 speed car for that matter) doesn't need to hit 120kmph in 2nd.

If it makes you feel any better, even the Corolla A/T with a 4 speed box touches 120kmph in 2nd.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 26th June 2005 at 23:56.
Old 26th June 2005, 23:57   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
Hey bro,

I beg to differ about the carb esteem.THat 65bhp car always has had trouble reaching 100 with ac. leave aside doing 120 in second. the speedo may be wrong or some mods are there for sure.
1996 ESteem LX ...touched 120 everytime and anytime i wanted too...the car did so without breaking a sweat ...

HONDA promised to sell /produced OHC spare parts for quite a few years after launching in the Nhc ...

iNVECs am sure is faster ...much faster than the 1.5 L lancer ..PERIOD
Old 27th June 2005, 00:19   #51
Senior - BHPian

Actually 120kmph in 2nd on a Carb Esteem is a bit of a surprise. Even if you consider FE, that car could have done with shorter shifts.

Shan2nu
Old 27th June 2005, 04:46   #52
Senior - BHPian

No use trying to explain things to a bunch of people who wont listen and understand anything and just want to argue.

First and foremost I posted what I thought right and from my experience. I dont own an invecs nor an esteem nor a honda city so I dont care a dime.If you think differently than dude I respect that and you should do the same with oters replies.

I never said I lift figures like you did from magazines . I said I test drive the cars myself.I just said autocar is better.

even opel said that car parts will be available for the astra for 7 years(precisely).The door mirrors are already out of stock and so are many other things. same case with Honda ( I said that the owner told this i never said I had enquired myself for the availability of spares and I dont own one so I dont give a damn.)

About the automatic corolla it dies out in second at 116 precisely.So invecs is faster .period.

And Shan2nu the way you reply in every second post after searching for technical details it show as if you are new to the automobile world.

Maybe your top 5 fastest Indian cars are not similar to mine because you read it somewhere or maybe your driving style is different or youe way of evaluation is different. Nobody can get the same FE from the same car and hence the way it is.I am not a promoter of Lancer invecs or any other car for that reason.

I hope that satisfies you.Let peace rule

Back to the topic what is the highest power some1 has got out of a lancer ?
Old 27th June 2005, 05:17   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
First and foremost I posted what I thought right and from my experience. I dont own an invecs nor an esteem nor a honda city so I dont care a dime.If you think differently than dude I respect that and you should do the same with oters replies.

I never said I take figures from magazines like you did. I said I test drive the cars myself.I just said autocar is better.

even opel said that car parts will be available for the astra for 7 years(precisely).The door mirrors are already out of stock and so are many other things. same case with Honda ( I said that the owner told this i never said I had enquired myself for the availability of spares and I dont own one so I dont give a damn.)

About the automatic corolla it dies out in second at 116 precisely.So invecs is faster .period.

Maybe your top 5 fastest Indian cars are not similar to mine because you read it somewhere or maybe your driving style is different or youe way of evaluation is different. I am not a promoter of Lancer invecs or any other car for that reason.

I hope that satisfies you.Let peace rule

Back to the topic what is the highest power some1 has got out of a lancer ?

Please read this again(edited).See the post again above
Old 27th June 2005, 08:37   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And Shan2nu the way you reply in every second post after searching for technical details it show as if you are new to the automobile world.
\

dude!!! this guy has more than 3000posts..he's one of the oldest members amongsts us..
no one will appreciate such personal commentss here..

Quote:
said that the owner told this i never said I had enquired myself
hearsay is never leads to a healthy debate ..avoid it..base ur opnion on facts and be specific please...

Quote:
I never said I lift figures like you did from magazines . I said I test drive the cars myself.I just said autocar is better.
such figures remove dbouts such as bhp/ton and power delivery issue with the invecs..
invecs does not perform as compared to other cars in its category..the figures cleared that..now who cares wethers wether thr auto corlla does a 116 in 2nd and the invec does 120 in 2nd...the figures i took were from bsmotoring...

Quote:
gawdddd/...now we are judging performance based on 2nd gear heights?
Old 27th June 2005, 09:03   #55
Senior - BHPian

I was a bit annoyed when I responded as his response was rude. But I later wanted to edit the post (didnt get a chance) dats y I edited the post in the newer one

But I will still maintain that his response was rude.A forum must be a palce for free expression of thoughts.I must respect what he writes and he must respect what I write.Agreed he is a senior here at the forums but I have been doing car and bike stuff since I was 11.

Anyways dont want to create a conflict here.

about the hearsay for Honda city let me clear I was never a buyer.So I just wrote what I heard from the conversation between the owner and my friend(he may not be the best judge of a honda city)

seconds are wasted just in shifting and hence acceleration timings may be too much varied with effects from ride and handling and grip engine rpm etc

hence if I was too repost my thread it will sound something like this.

According to me the top 5 fastest Indian cars are

1 Skoda Octavia
2. Mitsubishi Lancer invex
3. Toyota corolla
4 OHC vtec
5 Suzuki grand vitara

Now this list may differ from person to person

Hope I cleared this up

Last edited by devarshi84 : 27th June 2005 at 09:07.
Old 27th June 2005, 14:17   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
same case with Honda ( I said that the owner told this i never said I had enquired myself for the availability of spares and I dont own one so I dont give a damn.)
If you haven't enquired about it and don't give a damn, then you shouldn't talk about it either.

Quote:
It has to be technical dude. I can't go around saying the Vtec is faster than the Mclaren F1 just bcos i think so. Facts are facts, they can't be changed.

You say you trust Autocar figures and yet claim that the Invex is faster than the Corolla, Vitara and the OHC Vtec.

Here's what Autocar thinks about your views.
0-100kmph
Corolla - 9.07
Grand Vitara - 9.33
OHC Vtec - 10.01
Invex - 11.31

So, what r you trying to prove? How can the Invex be as quick as you think it is when 2 of the best mags in India think otherwise.

Quote:
Maybe your top 5 fastest Indian cars are not similar to mine because you read it somewhere or maybe your driving style is different or youe way of evaluation is different
Speed and acceleration aren't subjective topics. They have to be backed with facts and figures.

Quote:
Agreed he is a senior here at the forums but I have been doing car and bike stuff since I was 11.
U ain't impressing anybody with such statements. The last thing we need here is a member who gives away misleading facts.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 27th June 2005 at 14:26.
Old 27th June 2005, 15:46   #57
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
According to me the top 5 fastest Indian cars are
No offense, but you cant really argue against numbers. If a car touches 120 in the second gear, that does not make it the second fastest car overall - It is simply a component of the gear ratios.

The Lancer - IS NOT - the 2nd fastest Indian car by any yardstick.

GTO
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks