Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2009, 22:39   #46
BANNED

@ badboyscad - sure man will remember to take a few pics
Old 30th January 2009, 09:29   #47
Senior - BHPian

By the look of things to the one who is more worried... Rickyji, the exhaust manifold packing was leaking so we had to disassemble part of the setup to tighten it up again.

Please dont fret so much over the deadline, the owner is aware of the progress and theres still plenty of work left on the car to do so its gonna take quite a while before its 100% ready.

PS: Why dont you come over today? Have a special car standing for a drive too... if you think your back is better and can handle some G-forces
Old 30th January 2009, 09:39   #48
Senior - BHPian

Yes Arushji,

Thanks for the invite, my back is much better. I was hoping to come to get the oil change etc as was discussed. (awaiting confirmation)

As for my worrying about the delay. Quite honestly I think it seems to be going on forever, hence the question.

As for the G-Forces, well as long as the car is not too low slung, no problem.

Cheers
Old 30th January 2009, 11:39   #49
Senior - BHPian

Yes we all know its going on forever but unfortunately its still gonna take some more time, so no need to worry for a few more months to come. The owner and I both know the issues and the pace of work.

OT: Test drive car is low and fast.
Old 30th January 2009, 16:39   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche View Post
PS: Why dont you come over today? Have a special car standing for a drive too... if you think your back is better and can handle some G-forces
is the invitation only for Ricky or for any other NCR bhpian who can stand G-FORCES ?
Old 30th January 2009, 16:43   #51
Senior - BHPian

Haha narayan the invitation is open to all. Tomorrow as well.
Old 30th January 2009, 16:51   #52
BANNED

Nice thread.

Good to see the person building it and the one who owns the car are actually following the project very keenly.

Would love to see the project coming to an end soon.

Best of Luck Accor Master and to the Autopsyche guys.
Old 30th January 2009, 19:58   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche View Post
OT: Test drive car is low and fast.
Either the Twin Turbo MR2 is ready or you quickly modded the other GTO...in both cases........Ah! Slurrrrp! Yummmmm!
Old 31st January 2009, 02:34   #54
BANNED

hey guys, the TD didnt happen because the ECU and the bov were not in place as i was told. Got some pics from the workshop of whats there under the hood. Would need a suggestion from you guys regarding the brakes. Should I get a big brake kit from Brembo or would a set of new drilled/slotted rotors and new performance pads be enough to stop the car ???

My E34 project... my dream in the workshop for the past 10 months-img_0017.jpg

My E34 project... my dream in the workshop for the past 10 months-img_0018.jpg

My E34 project... my dream in the workshop for the past 10 months-img_0019.jpg

My E34 project... my dream in the workshop for the past 10 months-img_0020.jpg
Old 31st January 2009, 05:18   #55
Senior - BHPian

I suggest nothing more till its runs and runs reliably. Get a feel of the car first.
Old 31st January 2009, 10:49   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord masters View Post
hey guys, the TD didnt happen because the ECU and the bov were not in place as i was told. Got some pics from the workshop of whats there under the hood. Would need a suggestion from you guys regarding the brakes. Should I get a big brake kit from Brembo or would a set of new drilled/slotted rotors and new performance pads be enough to stop the car ???

Attachment 95503

Attachment 95504

Attachment 95505

Attachment 95506

Now the ECU & BOV ??

As for the brakes, I totally agree with Dipen, let the car run first on stock brakes, you can always add the brembos (if needed) at a later date.

All the best, hope your car gets going sooner than later !

Cheers
Old 31st January 2009, 12:28   #57
Senior - BHPian

LOL, the bov was not on the car but that didnt deter us.... we didnt go on a drive because the car was overheating. The ecu is well and good because the car was start and running, i guess accordmasters didnt realise what he was typing.

Turned out that the good old twenty year old thermostat got stuck and the coolant wasnt making it to the radiator. Had to reopen the water lines to get it out and looking for a replacement coz the car will continue to overheat without a thermostat valve in place.

For the brakes, IMHO like we discussed, Brembos are overkill... good street pads and slotted rotors on all four will do the job.
Old 31st January 2009, 13:00   #58
BANNED

OK I knew what i was typing because the workers at the workshop only told me that the car cant go on the road because of the BOV was not on it and I saw why...secondly about the ecu , I did not check it and I was told that it needs the ecu so as to go on the road it wasnt me who came to that conclusion .... So now as people also know the deadline has been overshot again enough promises on a forum I WANT THE CAR READY NOW .

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Your post has been edited since it contained one too many smilies. Team-BHP is viewed by people from all walks of life, and they prefer an uncluttered post protocol. We would much appreciate you restricting the smilie usage to 2 per post.

Thanks!

Last edited by khan_sultan : 2nd February 2009 at 14:56. Reason: Removed excessive smileys
Old 31st January 2009, 14:54   #59
Senior - BHPian

haha accordmasters whom have u been talking to? i was there the entire time with you and didnt we see the overheating happening with the radiator throwing out the coolant?

The car can run even without a bov. We can still take it out on the road once the thermostat is in place.
Old 31st January 2009, 18:45   #60
BHPian

forgive me but am very confused . is the workshop reprasentative proudly justifying his inability to get this bmw rolling ? or are you saying that on a mod job like this customers HAVE to put up extended delays?

also i dont see how that pea shooter of a turbo is going to make a 5 series outrun a S500. just my two cents.

accord masters i have to appreiciate your patience.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks