Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2009, 19:35   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord masters View Post
the engine is m20b25 engine i.e 525i output at 170 bhp . For the 0-100 time i was promised a time of around 5 seconds so i don't take bak the car and call it complete until it is competent enough to do that.

Well that seems like a tough one - though I am no expert on the subject, but the said engine with the turbo also is not going to be a 5 second car IMHO.

Of course Arush would be able to better comment on the possibilty or the lack of it ! As he is the one who is setting the car up

All the best

Cheers
Old 6th February 2009, 20:37   #77
BANNED

update----- Hey guys , went to the workshop today and was amazed as my car wasn't standing at its normal place and it was outside . So my cars started the run in period now . There are a few small issues but i guess they'll be sorted out as we move on with the running in of the car. The engine sounds (as i had no other words to express my face when i heard it ) . sorry couldn't get any pics of the car but soon will post some pics with sum fresh interiors and some mods to the paint job. Could use suggestions about the interiors .
Cheers
Accord masters
Old 6th February 2009, 21:28   #78
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations accordmasters !!

The car is "finally" off the shop floor ! One question though - why do you need to run in a used engine ? Was it rebuilt ?

As for the sound of the engine, what endcan are you using ??

Hope all gets sorted out & we can see a BIG smile on your face & Arush's

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 6th February 2009 at 21:32.
Old 6th February 2009, 21:34   #79
Senior - BHPian

I have a few queries.what ECU are you using for governing the fuel and ignition maps because of the turbo.how is the car being mapped?

I'd really like arush to throw some light onto this matter.ECU?Map?Fueling-injectors etc?

Or is this a complete bolt on kit with a pre mapped ECU which requires minimal tuning?
Old 6th February 2009, 21:40   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
I have a few queries.what ECU are you using for governing the fuel and ignition maps because of the turbo.how is the car being mapped?

I'd really like arush to throw some light onto this matter.ECU?Map?Fueling-injectors etc?

Or is this a complete bolt on kit with a pre mapped ECU which requires minimal tuning?

Very valid querries. Would also like to know for the sake of some gyaan. As far as I know the whole setup is stock, though I may be wrong.

A lot will be answered when accordmasters actually gets to check out the 0-100 timing !

The proof of the pudding is in the eating !

Cheers
Old 6th February 2009, 21:51   #81
Senior - BHPian

Well the thing is that every time i have dreamt of a turbo, its a long dream.lol.literally.I mean driving your car down to bangy to get it turboed.

Now if we have something here or some tuners who can be flown down and do a reliable job it'll really be a dream come true for a lot of turbo enthusiasts up north.

Now i really hope lots of details are given and not withheld like we have been seeing in the past on tbhp.

Also Accordmasters please keep updating this thread as you use the car so that we and everybody else can see the reliability as well as issues running a turbo car.
Old 6th February 2009, 22:11   #82
BANNED

well navpreet i really dont have much knowledge about the tuning part so would ask arush to answer your queries ,btw need help on the interiors because the current ones are not in a good condition and as im in a process of giving the car a new life so why not the interiors too. What im confused about is that should i put racing seats in it with leather stitching or increase the padding on the current seats so as to make them more body hugging. The current color of the leather i'm planning is maroonish red like the one in the m3 .
Old 6th February 2009, 22:32   #83
Senior - BHPian

Alright my suggestion would be that you put in racing type seats but don't let there be any opening near the headrest.kind of the Aston martin,Porche types.Full lush leather single seat back without any opening.

The colour you have chosen is amazing.i simply love it.
Old 6th February 2009, 22:49   #84
BANNED

navpreet i'd love to get those kind of seats but where can i find them in india ?? because they shouldnt be mad expensive.
Old 6th February 2009, 23:14   #85
Senior - BHPian

Get the regular sports seats from delhi itself.something like 15k.and then ask arush to get them covered in leather in that shape with extra foam bolstering where ever required and ask him to cover up the openings in the headrest area of the seats.

It can be done.its not that tough.and it won't cost you much either.15k for seats and 25k for good customised leather.my friend got stanleys for 25k.
Old 6th February 2009, 23:30   #86
BANNED

Thanks a lot for the info .
Old 7th February 2009, 10:28   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well the thing is that every time i have dreamt of a turbo, its a long dream.lol.literally.I mean driving your car down to bangy to get it turboed.

Now if we have something here or some tuners who can be flown down and do a reliable job it'll really be a dream come true for a lot of turbo enthusiasts up north.

Now i really hope lots of details are given and not withheld like we have been seeing in the past on tbhp.

Also Accordmasters please keep updating this thread as you use the car so that we and everybody else can see the reliability as well as issues running a turbo car.

@navpreet

I see that you are absolutely keen on a turbo job provided it is reliable. Right ?

Your quest may end sooner than later. How would a supercharger sound to you ?? A little birdie told me of a supercharged swift in the making !! Cannot say more at this juncture.

Totally agree with most of what your post says here

Cheers
Old 7th February 2009, 10:32   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord masters View Post
well navpreet i really dont have much knowledge about the tuning part so would ask arush to answer your queries ,btw need help on the interiors because the current ones are not in a good condition and as im in a process of giving the car a new life so why not the interiors too. What im confused about is that should i put racing seats in it with leather stitching or increase the padding on the current seats so as to make them more body hugging. The current color of the leather i'm planning is maroonish red like the one in the m3 .

@accordmasters

About the interiors. Your choice of leather colour is perfect. But if I were you I'd first drive the car for atleast a week, if all goes well with the performance of the engine, ONLY then would I start with the interior.

I had my new leather seats damaged while the car was there for some engine related work. Your call !!

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 7th February 2009 at 10:35.
Old 7th February 2009, 11:11   #89
Senior - BHPian

Well what i have understood over the past couple of months from a particular tuner is that one has to be super loaded for a turbo job.Anything can go wrong.ECU,Head, anything.And in case of the civic its gonna cost a bomb.

One cannot think of a turbo job stiiing on the fence with the budget.As in having only the money required for a complete turbo job.one has to keep more than double the money.

And this thought has been justified by various examples in bangalore as well as mumbai.Those who have been able successfully turbo the car in a budget of 2-3 lakhs have ended up paying more than double the money because of constant issues and a final engine blow up.
One particular case being a Cedia which blew up on the track.lol.and it was supposed to be running some of the most prized components straight from the mechanical bits to the electronics.

And what do these tuners have to say-"We're taking the engine to the next performance level".lol.
That is a perfect line for you to understand that the engine has blown apart.

I'm interested in the turbo job.infact it was supposed to be started by now but the guy i was in talks with made me understand that it's gonna be too expensive and very risky.more so because of the expensive spares in case anything happens.

In the amount that i'll turbo the civic, i can buy a baleno,city and turbo/swap the engine and make tremendous power and enjoy without fearing of any risk to the car.

So i'm waiting to get loaded and then i'll think of something.

By the way supercharged swift.looks interesting.more details on that please.

Sorry for the OT.
Old 7th February 2009, 16:00   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One particular case being a Cedia which blew up on the track.lol.and it was supposed to be running some of the most prized components straight from the mechanical bits to the electronics.
I suggest you get your facts straight, either by talking to the owner, or the tuner. Don't go by second-hand information you hear from people.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks