Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2005, 14:30   #1
BHPian

Lights for opel astra

hi guys,
have this problem with the lights of my astra. the beam is not really strong and it is really difficult to see the road ahead. want to know should i put fog lights which will cost me 3000 rupees or should i go for better lamps. also what will those cost me.
Old 17th April 2005, 17:06   #2
BANNED

hey..why dont you put xenon's on the astra.it would give a clear visibility.i think the headlamps must have got dull.like when they age,you will need to repace for a new one's.do they have clear lamp's for astra.
Old 17th April 2005, 17:18   #3
BHPian

the lamps are new so mostly they are not dull. the thing with xenons are that they are too expensive (as far as i know). i am not spending more than 3000 rupees. if i will get xenons for that much then i will put it.
i doubt there are clear lamps for astra.
Old 17th April 2005, 17:22   #4
BANNED

i think you may find xenon's around 3000.i have no idea of the exact price.i will check up and tell you..i want to put clear lamps for my astra.so even i am in search of them.

Moderator's note: Provide an information only when you know about it.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 17th April 2005 at 18:26.
Old 17th April 2005, 18:17   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakr
i think you may find xenon's around 3000.i have no idea of the exact price.i will check up and tell you..i want to put clear lamps for my astra.so even i am in search of them.

dude ,
there is no way that you will find a xenon lamp kit for rs 3k.its too expensive .
what you are talking about is those white/blue colored bulbs.they do improve the vision in any way.and i dont think its legal as it blinds the oncoming traffic.

u can try fitting 100/90 bulbs with relay in your astra.if the reflector is old may be you will have to change the entire headlight assembly along with the wiring.
Old 17th April 2005, 20:11   #6
Senior - BHPian

Or otherwise just try and opt for the H4 xenon kit which is available at any accessories store across town.It should set you back by 10K.But do it only if you are willing to spend that amount of money.Else go ahead with satya's option.

X
Old 17th April 2005, 22:36   #7
BHPian

i wont be spending 10,000 rupees. i guess i will try satya's option first. any idea how much the relay and bulbs would come for? will it be under 500 bucks.
Old 17th April 2005, 23:07   #8
Senior - BHPian

try to get the XENONS...nutin coms close to them at nite...simply amazing
Old 18th April 2005, 23:43   #9
Senior - BHPian

i've got those 100/90 white/blue lamps on my accent...cost me 450 bucks. Accent comes with a factory fitted relay for the headlamps...so didnt buy a relay.

Drifter
Old 18th April 2005, 23:48   #10
BANNED

is nt there any problem with those lights.cause i had them on my zen previously.i had clear lamps with it and ..then one day a traffic constabl..stopped me in raj bhavan road.its around 8 p.m i guess..and he fined me rs 250 -/ for that.he told its illegeal and he also fined me for loud music.gosh it was a bad day..and the next week a guy on a motorbike came speeding and hit my front bumper,with that effect one lamp came down.and i had to change them both to stock.a bad experience..
Old 18th April 2005, 23:51   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
is nt there any problem with those lights.cause i had them on my zen previously.i had clear lamps with it and ..then one day a traffic constabl..stopped me in raj bhavan road.
Nope they havent caught me even once for the lights...but yes for my illegal black tints...i get caught atleast 2 times a month. just last week i gave 30 bucks.

but then again i dont feel need to use the headlamps in the city as the fogs work out just fine...but out on the highway those 100W bulbls really help.

Drifter

Last edited by drifter : 19th April 2005 at 00:00.
Old 18th April 2005, 23:54   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
u can try fitting 100/90 bulbs with relay in your astra.if the reflector is old may be you will have to change the entire headlight assembly along with the wiring.
Just today I asked the dealer to upgrade the headlamps to 100/90 bulbs on the Baleno and he refused. He said they were doing it until last year, however RTO has strictly instructed them not to install 100/90 bulbs anymore. It is illegal at least in Bangalore or even Karnataka.

Are Xenon or halogen lamps illegal too?
Old 19th April 2005, 00:04   #13
BANNED

i think xenon might not be illegal.because they come standard fittment on mondeo, i think.so if its illegal they would nt provide.i guess..i dont know exactly.even i have heard it from a friend
Old 19th April 2005, 00:12   #14
BANNED

xenons are not at all illegal though the other fancy ones do come in the eyes of the useless pandus and ure in for a ride then
Old 19th April 2005, 12:04   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
. It is illegal at least in Bangalore or even Karnataka.

Are Xenon or halogen lamps illegal too?

all cars come with halogen bulbs.dunno abt 100/90w bein illegal,but yeah the blue lights that drifter has is illegal.it will not give more light ,but will only help to blind the oncoming traffic.
so dont use them.
abt the xenons that you are talking about,these bulbs are not xenon bulbs.as ina xenon headlight,u dont have a bulb.its the gas that 's illuminated.when you get that bright light.
also very high voltage is required to light up the xenon ,i think upto 20k Volts.so u need the entire kit for that.but once it gets lit,it consumes lesser power and throws more light than conventional halogen bulbs.
so dont go for those fake Xenon bulbs.

if 100/90w is illegal,u can use the new philips bluevison bulbs which consume 55/60W but give about 90W of light.this is differnt from the blue lights that drifter is talking about.

i have been using 100/90W in my car and i have never faced any cop problem in karnataka or maharshtra.maybe your dealer is confusing the 100/90 hal;ogens for the blue lights.

why dont you ask a traffic cop if its illegal.

i think one of our moderators uses 130W bulbs in his amby and hes never afced any problem till date

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks