Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2009, 23:14   #61
BHPian

great looking bolero.
Old 3rd February 2009, 23:28   #62
BHPian

Actually I was quite dissapointed that I would have to settle for 235 rubber; I was dreaming of 275 size tyres initially! A few months after i got my steed I did see a Bolero in chennai with 295/50/15 tyres; the stepny looked awesome but i felt the 235 Goes give a much better stance to the Bolero and was i relieved!

@ Redliner - I haven't done anything about the tyres scrapping except drive carefully when fully laden. The reason : the ride with these tyres is simply amazing; you feel isolated from the road irregularities but the beast handled pretty decent ; I feel it is almost the best combination of ride and handling you could have in an otherwise stock Bolero. With my limited knowledge on UVs; I would prefer to understand all the nitty gritties before going for any change in the suspension department that would screw up the current setting. Frankly i simply dont understand this leaf spring business.

That said; the handling is quite scary after experiencing the excellent handling of my Old Corsa; you really have to get used to the Bolero's handling and the super light steering. It can send a novice packing on his first highway ride.

The Goes look brand new after 15K, I had a balancing, alignment and rotation done @ 10,000 K. Be ready to spend 10 minutes every morning taking stones out from the tyres, Geos suck them up from the road; I dont know if its the case with other similar tyres.

PS : I have learned more practical things about cars from TBHP than all the auto magazines i have ever read; If i can contribute a drop to the ocean of knowledge here, I have made my day!
Old 4th February 2009, 11:11   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Some thoughts in line...

Quote:
Originally Posted by josepeter View Post
Actually I was quite dissapointed that I would have to settle for 235 rubber; I was dreaming of 275 size tyres initially! A few months after i got my steed I did see a Bolero in chennai with 295/50/15 tyres; the stepny looked awesome but i felt the 235 Goes give a much better stance to the Bolero and was i relieved!

My god. his ride must have been horrible. Such low profile tyres for a go-anywhere vehicle is just bad.

@ Redliner - I haven't done anything about the tyres scrapping except drive carefully when fully laden. The reason : the ride with these tyres is simply amazing; you feel isolated from the road irregularities but the beast handled pretty decent ; I feel it is almost the best combination of ride and handling you could have in an otherwise stock Bolero. With my limited knowledge on UVs; I would prefer to understand all the nitty gritties before going for any change in the suspension department that would screw up the current setting. Frankly i simply dont understand this leaf spring business.

Dont touch the leaf springs. Like I said, just roll or hammer away at the wheel arch and then smoothen them out by an inch. Nobody will make out the difference unless they are from the Bolero design group (who are all probably dead by now anyway). I am sure your friends in Kerala will be able to help you out!

That said; the handling is quite scary after experiencing the excellent handling of my Old Corsa; you really have to get used to the Bolero's handling and the super light steering. It can send a novice packing on his first highway ride.

Yes, I understand what you mean. Coming out from a great handling european car is quite tricky. I had a whole bunch of the new FIAT's myself. Guess we should all take it easy the first time out.

The Goes look brand new after 15K, I had a balancing, alignment and rotation done @ 10,000 K. Be ready to spend 10 minutes every morning taking stones out from the tyres, Geos suck them up from the road; I dont know if its the case with other similar tyres.

So Geo's it is. It looks wonderful on your jeep. What is the tyre pressure that you maintain? I also wanted to know what size rims you have on there

PS : I have learned more practical things about cars from TBHP than all the auto magazines i have ever read; If i can contribute a drop to the ocean of knowledge here, I have made my day!
You have a wonderful spirit. We are all here to learn to make our drives better.
Old 4th February 2009, 11:31   #64
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by josepeter View Post
No disappointment, 225 / 235 is pretty much the max that an old school Jeep needs. 275 will look good, but is an absolute overkill.
Old 4th February 2009, 12:45   #65
BHPian

Ur jeeps cool...

Jose, the grille looks awesome, i need one for mine too.
Old 5th February 2009, 09:28   #66
BHPian

Pics of my bolero

Day 1 to present day
Attached Thumbnails
Yet another modded Bolero!-2-18.jpg  

Yet another modded Bolero!-mp-51.jpg  

Yet another modded Bolero!-dd1-4.jpg  

Pain_in_U is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2009, 11:56   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Pretty neat. Good you painted that front bumper. What tyres and alloys do you have on there? When did you pick up your Bolero?
Old 5th February 2009, 12:17   #68
BHPian

Neat looking Bolero. Those are alloys with 0 offset. Should solve the water / mud splashing problem a bit.
Old 5th February 2009, 12:30   #69
Senior - BHPian

Great looking Bolero. Why not a couple of fogs in the OEM slots ? Wont hurt I guess
Old 5th February 2009, 12:53   #70
BHPian

you guys must consider getting those chimney exhausts. they look really the part on these off roaders.
Old 5th February 2009, 13:22   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharanramesh View Post
you guys must consider getting those chimney exhausts. they look really the part on these off roaders.
Uhh, thats called a Snorkel not a chimney

And once you take a stock machine like this and proceed to cut the bonnet to install a s snorkel, say good bye to your resale values. I am personally never in favour of chopping up a vehicle to do cursory "toy-boy" modifications.

Installing a snorkel only looks good on a 2wd bolero. On the performance angle, it adds zero. More discussed on the 4wd section.

PS: Are you Sharan from FiatClub/Bangalore?
Old 5th February 2009, 15:27   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
What tyres and alloys do you have on there?
Guess those are the standard Safari Dicor Alloys, with the stock Bridgestone Dueller H/T Tires.
Old 5th February 2009, 16:33   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Pretty neat. Good you painted that front bumper. What tyres and alloys do you have on there? When did you pick up your Bolero?
i got the bumper painted after a small accident, Tyres and alloys from my cousins Safari top end model, my bolero is Sept 2008 model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
Neat looking Bolero. Those are alloys with 0 offset. Should solve the water / mud splashing problem a bit.
yup upto a certain extent,,, but i hav cut the sides of front bumper so not much difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Great looking Bolero. Why not a couple of fogs in the OEM slots ? Wont hurt I guess
Planning Honeycomb mesh instead of fog lamps in those slots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram.west View Post
Guess those are the standard Safari Dicor Alloys, with the stock Bridgestone Dueller H/T Tires.
U guessed it rite Mr. RAM , its from Safari

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Technocrat : 5th February 2009 at 17:52. Reason: see note in post
Old 5th February 2009, 18:11   #74
BHPian

@Pain_in_u: I must nice looking ride that is!! Have you increased the ride height?/ Looks like you must have added a leaf or two!! .

Cheers
Ramesh
Old 5th February 2009, 18:19   #75
BHPian

OT: the number plates, isnt that illegal ? Have you had issues with cops in blr ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks