Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2006, 16:51   #136
BHPian

got Llumar PP60 and AIR 65 on sides and back from Autopsyche on my Baleno.
Seems good till now.

Plan to go for a front Llumar soon.

Quote:
I think 7500 for garware was too much
ICe-cool Garware is expensive. I had got a qoute of 6.5K. But if you're gonna be spending this much- then i guess V-kool or Llumar are better.
Old 6th April 2006, 18:46   #137
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon
I got V-Kool sunfilm (both front and remaining glasses) for my City ZX. Used the high-end VK-70 film for the front (73% visibility, 94% heat blockage) and faced no trouble with night driving in city/highway.
Daytime cabin heating is effctively overcome - I am comfortable now in a/c setting 1 (March afternoon drives). For side and rear I got V-Kool A-60 film which is adequate.
Deal set me back by 14K (authorised franchisee at Hyderadad, 5yrs warranty).
Hyderabad?!! Who does this in Hyderabad? Or rather where did you get this done in Hyderabad?
Old 6th April 2006, 19:53   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo
Hyderabad?!! Who does this in Hyderabad? Or rather where did you get this done in Hyderabad?
Right now, there is no one in Hyderabad who is an authorized dealer/franchise of V-Kool. Till couple of days back, there used to be a dealer. But they are not related to V-kool anymore and they shifted to 'Johnson' make from 'V-kool'. When contacted the same dealer through whom Poseidon got the sunfilm applied on his car, this is the information I got. Even, contacted the Mumbai office of V-Kool. They confirmed that they do not have a dealer in Hyderabad and will be appointing in few days.

BTW, I also want to go for V-Kool for my NHC. But could not find the dealer.
Old 8th April 2006, 01:00   #139
BHPian

I've had "Garware Classic Ash" on the back and side glasses of my Esteem for about a year now. It is "RTO approved", works well during the day, is ok during the nights and with my black interiors, has "just enough" privacy too (without looking so dark that the cops get attracted)...

Recently I put it onto my front windshield as well on an experimental basis because the clear glass and my black foam leather upholstery was not gelling well with the Pune summer heat... I was plesantly surprised to find that the car is still quite comfortable to drive at night, even on very dark stretches. In fact, visibility was actually better in (common) situations where the vehicles coming from the opposite direction were blasting me with their high beams !

I do need to mention that I'm not running the Esteem's standard 65W headlight setup... I'm running 100/90 Phillips Rally bulbs in the non-clear version of the Esteem's headlight housings with the front reflector cups (the ones that come between the bulb and the transparent part of the housing)removed.

- T u r b o C -
Old 8th April 2006, 12:01   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_c
Recently I put it onto my front windshield as well on an experimental basis ... I was plesantly surprised to find that the car is still quite comfortable to drive at night, even on very dark stretches. In fact, visibility was actually better in (common) situations where the vehicles coming from the opposite direction were blasting me with their high beams!
My cars black and I plan to put in art leather seats next week. Desperately need a coat of tint on my windscreen, thanks for the thumbs up. (upgrading my headlights as well !)
Old 8th April 2006, 23:00   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo
I have installed Cool Tint on my Zx Vtec and am very pleased with the product. Pit Stop at Bangalore installed it for me and he has a branch at Hyderabad with the same name. It is as good as Vcool, uses the same technology and is approx 70% of the cost. Install the 100% visibility/83% heat reduction film for the front wind sheild and you will see the difference.
Old 9th April 2006, 00:55   #142
BHPian

Guys, is there any jet black 'scratch resistant film available in the market .. If yes what make and for how much ?
Old 21st April 2006, 06:05   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
I got the Llumar AIR65 film installed on the front windscreen. I had ordered the AIR75 which was Rs.5500, by mistake they installed the AIR65 which is 600 bucks more expensive. Anyway, they didn't charge me extra for that mistake.
Hey Samurai,

As far as I know, AIR75 should be more expensive than AIR65.
Here are the Specs http://www.llumar.com/PDF/English/au...ec%20sheet.pdf
Old 21st April 2006, 09:02   #144
Senior - BHPian

I went for the Garware Cool Vision for my Xing's frnt windscreen. 2k

It would cost 1.4k for Garware Classsic for a Xing. I should be getting it done sometime next month.

AR75 is costlier than AR65 by 2k here at Tvm.
Old 30th April 2006, 03:49   #145
BHPian

Guys!
went thru all the posts. I had installed 3M on my car 8 yrs back on dealers recommendation. Costed 3.5 K then. It is still scratchless, stops a lot of heat, no bubbles or peeling, meets all RTO regs and still gleams like new. And my car has been driven extensively in all parts of the country in all weathers. As Dire Straits said "If u wanna run cool u got to run it on heavy heavy (as in heavy on pocket) fuel". So dump garware etc and go for the reputed brands. They are worth the money.
Old 30th April 2006, 10:39   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer
Guys, is there any jet black 'scratch resistant film available in the market .. If yes what make and for how much ?
You could put Llumar Black SR05 thats almost jet black with 5% visibility.

Arush
Old 30th April 2006, 18:02   #147
BHPian

Hey....I got 3m sides and back on my Swift, and Garware clear on the windscreen.
My cars parked out in the sun pretty much all day...and its definetly become at least 40-50 % cooler when I open it at the end of the day.
The 3M cost me 2.2k and the Garware around 1.5k.
I'm guessin with lumar or even 3m on the front windscreen, cars could be kept even cooler.
Btw, the 3M is NOT jet black. It's black, but you can see through it completely. Very nice shade for those not bothered much about privacy but who want tints mainly for the cooling and looks.
Old 1st May 2006, 14:42   #148
bhp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche
You could put Llumar Black SR05 thats almost jet black with 5% visibility.

Arush
hey arush are they rto approved ....how s the view frm the cabin in the night and how much do they cost
Old 1st May 2006, 19:53   #149
Senior - BHPian

No way bhp! that dark tints are no where near being street legal, the norm in delhi is 50% on the sides and 70% on the front and back. However a lot of people go ahead and put as dark as they want, since the amount of dark tinted cars in delhi are huge most of the times cops dont bother that much, really depends upon their modd. even if you do get stopped, its a matter of being 100rs lighter on the pocket
Old 2nd May 2006, 10:44   #150

I also want to know the prices for front WS and side windows - films prices for indica XETA

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks