Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2006, 13:48   #151
Senior - BHPian

Longer I observe my V-KOOL front glass' performance, more disapppointed I am with its performance. I know, most members go ga-ga over V-KOOL, but I am seriously wondering if it's worth the price.

I had seen demo of V-KOOL and how effectively it cuts it off heat as compared to the other tinted films. To be honest, I was quite impressed with that. However, after putting it on my car, I really dont see great difference. I still can feel the heat coming in from windshield. That leaves me wondering about why doesn't it cut off heat as good as in the demo. May be the difference of heat source is the cause. The demo is for a 100w bulb which probably emits prominently different type of rays (infra-red) than the regular sun-rays.

Has anyone else felt the same? Or, is my installation faulty?
Old 17th May 2006, 11:28   #152
BHPian

Dealers in NCR

Can someone share some information regarding where I can get these installed.. looking for experiences and contact information for dealers..in the NCR.. preferably.. Noida.

Thanks a bunch.

-Sumit
Old 17th May 2006, 11:54   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
What film was installed? and what film was demonstrated to you? the V-Kool 70?
I doubt if it could be a faulty installation. It could perhaps be a wrong film installation. (Is there anyway if verifing if the correct film has been used?)
My brother has put the V-Kool 70 on his car and he says that the difference is amazing.
Old 17th May 2006, 12:17   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharathjeppu
I doubt if it could be a faulty installation. It could perhaps be a wrong film installation. (Is there anyway if verifing if the correct film has been used?)
My brother has put the V-Kool 70 on his car and he says that the difference is amazing.
It is V-KOOL 70. I don't know if there is any way to find correct film number. I got 5 year warrantee on that from dealer.
Old 17th May 2006, 14:13   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Longer I observe my V-KOOL front glass' performance, more disapppointed I am with its performance. I know, most members go ga-ga over V-KOOL, but I am seriously wondering if it's worth the price.

I had seen demo of V-KOOL and how effectively it cuts it off heat as compared to the other tinted films. To be honest, I was quite impressed with that. However, after putting it on my car, I really dont see great difference. I still can feel the heat coming in from windshield. That leaves me wondering about why doesn't it cut off heat as good as in the demo. May be the difference of heat source is the cause. The demo is for a 100w bulb which probably emits prominently different type of rays (infra-red) than the regular sun-rays.

I had the same experience during the V-KOOL demo at Bhandhari Auto...The reason why I was thinking about it is that my office parking is not a covered one and the car gets baked in the Sun whole day!
I had almost decided to go for it but then the delaer suggested not to opt for it as its only useful if I have to drive long distances facing the sun which's not the case for me.....The demo really makes us to go for it...
For resolving the parking issue,I just bought a Silver Wrapper(for windshield) for rs 150

Last edited by nitinhegde : 17th May 2006 at 14:17.
Old 22nd May 2006, 22:07   #156
BHPian

Quote:
It is V-KOOL 70. I don't know if there is any way to find correct film number. I got 5 year warrantee on that from dealer.
hi , to start with i was pretty confused about getting v- kool or not , the front film in all v - kool installations is the v-70 ( even if you buy the economy ) , i got the v- kool 70 on the full car ( vk premium ), the day after i got it put i thought when i sit in the car it will be cool , but it wasnt ,,it was hot , the thing is that even the v70 allows 6%-8% of heat to get through , so if your car is parked in the sun for a long time yes it will get hot but not as hot as it would without the vk , the right way to check how effective the film is ( and ive tried it - it works ) while driving put your window down and let the sun hit a part of your body directly , then put up the window , im sure you will make out how effective the vk is , i had a film called the 3m before and it was pathetic , v- kool is the best you can buy , and i am very happy with it , i hope this helps you , take care and drive safe - all the best sahil
Old 25th May 2006, 23:00   #157
BHPian

I'm surprised you dont get 3M Scotchtint in India - the prices are better than V Kool and the quality is as good.[/quote]
i got my 3m scotchtint installed from hyundai showroom!!
all four sides cost me around 3k!!
but it say 50% on rear,70%on front what does that mean????
and also i have heard that it is shatter resistant...

Last edited by rOaD AsSaSin!! : 25th May 2006 at 23:04.
Old 25th May 2006, 23:20   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rOaD AsSaSin!!
I'm surprised you dont get 3M Scotchtint in India - the prices are better than V Kool and the quality is as good.
and also i have heard that it is shatter resistant...[/quote]

Thats cheap! You got it done even for frnt for that price??? Guys...is 3M that cheap?

50% and 70% is the amount of those stupid unwanted rays teh film keeps out frm entering teh cabin. (IR rays?)
Old 25th May 2006, 23:37   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rOaD AsSaSin!!
I'm surprised you dont get 3M Scotchtint in India - the prices are better than V Kool and the quality is as good.
[/quote]

Hey RON..!!!

3M is available in India infact Decora is an autorised dealer in Faridabad ...Got all the shades n with warranty....

Quote:
All accesories at the showrooms are costly....Anyways its good to have the car delivered with everything fitted...

Quote:
Check out....
It must be 50% on sides means visibility (50%)
n 70% visibility for the front n rear....

Quote:
and also i have heard that it is shatter resistant...
In case of accidents the glass wont break into pieces the film will hold it together...and reduces injuries from flying glass
Old 27th May 2006, 01:22   #160
BHPian

got it brother.i forgot to put the first line in quote!!

Last edited by rOaD AsSaSin!! : 27th May 2006 at 01:24.
Old 20th June 2006, 20:58   #161
Senior - BHPian

A couple of questions-

For front wind sheild, on which side are these sun-films installed? inside or outside? If its outside, do wipers pose any risk of scratching or peeling off the film?

Similarly, for windows, does the film get dammaged while rolling them up or down?
Old 20th June 2006, 21:30   #162
BHPian

@ santosh well the films are put inside part of the car ... so vipers dont matter and rolling up and down the windows is not a problem . only when they are initially put up u dont have to pull them up and down for some hours thats it !
Old 20th June 2006, 23:11   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s
A couple of questions-
For front wind sheild, on which side are these sun-films installed? inside or outside? If its outside, do wipers pose any risk of scratching or peeling off the film?
Similarly, for windows, does the film get dammaged while rolling them up or down?

They are installed on the inside.

Do get soem good one as they come with warranty and wont scratch/get damaged when the windows are rolled up/down.
Old 21st June 2006, 11:31   #164
BHPian

Hi friends,

I have resisted the idea of sun films (till now). However, with the heat in town...and then going through the forums, I am convinced I need to get it installed in my month-old Wagon R (Wine Red).

I would be glad if you could help me out. Here is my criteria:

1. I don't want a dark shade...I want something light, but still effective. I don't want night driving/driving in the rain to be hampered.
2. Something that suits a Wine Red Wagon R.
3. I will probably go for 3M, although my vendor is pushing for Garware. Which particular 3M one should I go for?
4. What do the rule books say? (I guess as I am going for a lighter shade - it won't matter, or will it?)

- Johy
Old 21st June 2006, 13:23   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunroy
It could be because of the angle of the glass. Upright glasses normally fog more than the others. In luxury cars its almost 35 degrees so that helps. Not very sure right now, shall investigate and find the answer, if not the solution.

It does happen a lot in my Sumo Victa, but never found it a problem.
This is quite an old post, but let me share some information on this.

Misting happens due to increased relative humidity when it rains. Using heater helps as it reduces relative humidity inside the cabin (higher temperature = lesser relative humidity). Actually, using AC can also help since it not only cools the air but also de-humidifies it as well. Though it reduces the temperature, which should have had an adverse effect on relative humidity, it also "extracts" moisture out of air in the process. Extracted moisture gets drained out in the form of dripping water from the AC. But if you use it for extended period, then the glass gets too cold, which in turn result in mist being formed outside of the glass. It also makes occupants shiver with cold and compromise on their comfort (they are forced to use the AC when they want to avoid it). The right thing is to use both AC and heater simultaneously, so that mist does not form on either side of the glass, and you can be comfortable inside at the same time! You won't be able to do that in case the car has some kind of mechanism that prohibits simultaneous operation of AC and heater. But I think most of the cars do allow this. Also, changing the circulation mode to fresh air may help since source of humidity is not only rain, but also occupants themselves. They actually keep generating a significant amount of moisture due to respiration.

I have no idea as to how sun-films affect mist formation, though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks