Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2012, 03:07   #1891
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004

I am planning for the sides and rear only, not for the front.

Also, I have heard that metalized films affect GPS reception, is it true?
3m is more value for money with a performance that very closely matches that of v-kool.

metalized films does affect the quality of GPS reception . But, since you place your gps on the dashboard and since you are not thinking of film for your windshield, it wouldn't have any effect. When you opt for the windshield film, I would highly recommend 3m instead of V-kool for the same reason.
Old 27th August 2012, 03:59   #1892
BANNED

Re: Front windscreen sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Guys, which is better? 3M or VKool.
I d go with 3M and already have their film on Hariya for the past 4 years now. Very good quality with no scratches/fade marks or blemishes. I installed CR-70 at Delhi last year and am equally pleased with its performance too.

My vote goes for 3M.

OT: There is no ban in Bangalore too.
Old 27th August 2012, 08:07   #1893
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Are you sure the SC order exempted Mumbai out of its purview? I even saw cops in Srinagar issuing Challans on Sunfilms.
I am not saying Mumbai is exempted from Supreme court!

The cops here are not taking any action yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
3m is more value for money with a performance that very closely matches that of v-kool.

metalized films does affect the quality of GPS reception . But, since you place your gps on the dashboard and since you are not thinking of film for your windshield, it wouldn't have any effect. When you opt for the windshield film, I would highly recommend 3m instead of V-kool for the same reason.
Will metalized films have a reflective quality?

I mean, for a white car, I feel natural black will look better than reflective tints, isnt it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I d go with 3M and already have their film on Hariya for the past 4 years now. Very good quality with no scratches/fade marks or blemishes. I installed CR-70 at Delhi last year and am equally pleased with its performance too.

My vote goes for 3M.

OT: There is no ban in Bangalore too.
So all vote goes to 3M!

I am planning to go for 35% visibility. Mumbai heat is unbearable in the summers.
Old 27th August 2012, 08:35   #1894
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will metalized films have a reflective quality?

I mean, for a white car, I feel natural black will look better than reflective tints, isnt it?
Premium models of v-kool has lower reflection ( just the adequate amount of reflection to please your eyes ) and are pleasing to the eyes like in the case of v-kool 40.

Quote:
I am planning to go for 35% visibility. Mumbai heat is unbearable in the summers.
I would highly recommend CR50 since it offers good heat rejection without compromising on visibility. The temptation of cops to catch you will also be less with such light films.
Old 27th August 2012, 10:57   #1895
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
I would highly recommend CR50 since it offers good heat rejection without compromising on visibility. The temptation of cops to catch you will also be less with such light films.
I called up 3M.

CR series is too expensive - it costs 19600 for the XUV. RE series is in my budget, costs Rs. 6870 and has 43% heat rejection (RE 50).

I called up a V Kool dealer and he said that economy series costs Rs. 6800 and has a heat rejection of 60%. The Elegant series costs Rs. 8500 and has a heat rejection of 76%. All with 50% visibility. I find that a bit difficult to believe. For the same money, V Kool offers 17% heat rejection more? Also, I went to the V Kool's website and could not find any film which offers 60% and 76% heat rejection with 50% visibility.

So I guess I will go ahead with RE 50 as everyone suggested that 3M is more value for money.
Old 27th August 2012, 17:49   #1896
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
So I guess I will go ahead with RE 50 as everyone suggested that 3M is more value for money.
Didn't you put Vkool on your Punto? Are you not happy with it?

If you are happy with it then get the same for your XUV. 3M RE50 is just ok when it comes to heat rejection and you will feel you should have got 35% instead in the Bombay heat.
Old 27th August 2012, 18:04   #1897
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Didn't you put Vkool on your Punto? Are you not happy with it?

If you are happy with it then get the same for your XUV. 3M RE50 is just ok when it comes to heat rejection and you will feel you should have got 35% instead in the Bombay heat.
Yes, I have V Kools on the Punto and I am very happy with it actually.

But this time I am not getting a clear idea about which film is being offered for what price and what is the heat rejection.
Old 27th August 2012, 18:11   #1898
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes, I have V Kools on the Punto and I am very happy with it actually.

But this time I am not getting a clear idea about which film is being offered for what price and what is the heat rejection.
So forget what the claimed heat rejection is. Why fix something which ain't broke? The Vkools will definitely be better than RE50. RE35 matches them on heat rejection, but then that is reflective green.
Old 27th August 2012, 18:23   #1899
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
So forget what the claimed heat rejection is. Why fix something which ain't broke? The Vkools will definitely be better than RE50. RE35 matches them on heat rejection, but then that is reflective green.
This time, I am going for 50% visibility tints and not 35%, because of the stupid sun film ban.

So you are saying V Kool is a better option than 3M... Which series in V Kool would you recommend? I am not willing to spend anything more than 7-9k.
Old 30th August 2012, 23:28   #1900
BHPian

Alright, I have installed 3M on my Skoda Laura, all glasses , CR 70. And V Kool on my Suzuki swift ON all the glasses, all are the transparent variety, what I mean is maximum visibility, the v Kool was installed in the year 2006, don't remember the model or reference of the film. It's fully transparent and is simply superb. 3M is not even close in-terms of quality and application. It's impossible for anyone to tell that the swift has a film, but anyone can look up the Laura and guess that CR 70 is present.
drrajanvr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2012, 18:12   #1901
Senior - BHPian

With reference to my previous post (link as below)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2712824

3-4 days ago, I saw an ad on Team-Bhp Forum Home-Page about www.sunglassesindia.com

While browsing through that site, I came across below mentioned goggles--
http://www.sunglassesindia.com/categ...eatured&page=2

http://www.sunglassesindia.com/categ...eatured&page=3

http://www.sunglassesindia.com/categ...eatured&page=4
The Goggles with Clear Glass do not come with any Manufacturing Guarantee for ARC. Only the ones with Yellow Tints come with 1 year Manufacturing Guarantee for ARC.

Could Team-Bhp please help me identify the GENUINENESS of the website and also the ARC?
Please confirm whether only the Goggles with Yellow Tints come with Guarantee or also the Clear Glass ones.

I want to buy a pair with Genuine ARC for myself at the earliest.
Old 20th October 2012, 18:57   #1902
Senior - BHPian

No replies yet.
Would I have to create new topic for this?

Please mods.
Old 20th October 2012, 19:09   #1903
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am not saying Mumbai is exempted from Supreme court!

The cops here are not taking any action yet.
I guess they have now started with a bang. There are reports in the ToI of motorists being fined for sunfilms, and today I read in the ToI that the five month inaction by the Mumbai traffic cops has come to the notice of the SC which has dashed off a warning that the top cop will be held answerable for failure to implement the ban. So my advice: get rid of the film.
Old 19th December 2012, 15:33   #1904
BHPian

Hi All

I have Installed the New Garware SL 70 films on my Ikon Tdci and it is completely transparent. VLT 70% and Heat rejection 40%

Price including labor-2500 INR.

I need that due to the scorching heat in Kerala during summer seasons.AC doesn’t seems to be effective for back seat passenger. I can wow it is not traceable on naked eye by any policeman.

If anybody wants to install the film please PM me .I can share the contact details. Unfortunately this guy is placed at Trivandrum, Kerala and you can check with any local Garware guys available in your place for this film if you are looking for only heat rejection/cooling.

Again- it is completely “transparent”. I will post the pictures in the weekend.
BinFord is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2012, 13:32   #1905
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinFord View Post
Hi All

I have Installed the New Garware SL 70 films on my Ikon Tdci and it is completely transparent. VLT 70% and Heat rejection 40%

Price including labor-2500 INR.

I need that due to the scorching heat in Kerala during summer seasons.AC doesn’t seems to be effective for back seat passenger. I can wow it is not traceable on naked eye by any policeman.

If anybody wants to install the film please PM me .I can share the contact details. Unfortunately this guy is placed at Trivandrum, Kerala and you can check with any local Garware guys available in your place for this film if you are looking for only heat rejection/cooling.

Again- it is completely “transparent”. I will post the pictures in the weekend.
I still use Icecool on front windscreen. Never had issue with law.
Can you ask your guy how much to for all the 4 windows and rear.

You can share the details here so that it will be useful for all.

Last edited by jkdas : 20th December 2012 at 13:53.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks