Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2006, 08:00   #181
Senior - BHPian

@ johy; I use garware for my front windscreen and I dont haev any problems with th rain effect your dealer told you about. The price you got the films is good.

Look for garware logos on teh film to check it autenticity.

@st; somelike vkool and some vouch for ILumar. Both are top brands and costly.

Last edited by jkdas : 18th July 2006 at 08:02.
Old 18th July 2006, 16:31   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
@ johy; I use garware for my front windscreen and I dont haev any problems with th rain effect your dealer told you about. The price you got the films is good.

Look for garware logos on teh film to check it autenticity.
Hi jkdas,

I checked -- and the logos are there . Will ask about the front windscreen too.
Old 18th July 2006, 16:40   #183
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy
* Vendor says not to go for sunfilm for the front windscreen - he had Lumar - said driving in the rain would become very difficult - what do you say?
Just plain rubbish! I have driven both Baleno as well as Santro with AIR65 (darker than AIR75) front windshield sunfilm in heavy rains, at night and in heavy rains at night. It was very clear and never had any visibility problem.

Dang! I never thought this thread would grow this big, the biggest thread I ever started.
Old 18th July 2006, 16:56   #184
BHPian

When I was getting my truck windows tinted, I was keen on having a good tint for my windscreen also... but the guy gave me a funny advice which kinda made sense....
I was considering V-kool and Lumar. V-kool was very expensive over 10K and Lumar was also around 8 something (these prices are almost 1.5 yrs old). When I was just thinking the guy asked me to consider his point also... he said having one of these things on the w/s can be fab... but consider your windscreen cracked due to some reason (like a coconut fallin on it or any reason), then you can atleast clain insurance and get your w/s glass back, but the money spent on the tint is gone down the drain... so his advice was to invest on the w/s screen only if i had excess money...
It made sense to me and I just got my side glasses done and left the w/s alone
Old 18th July 2006, 17:13   #185
Senior - BHPian

Not really... May be the guy forgot to ensure his sunfilm...

I remember reading on this thread earlier...
Quote:
Don't forget to insure your sunfilm, as it will be more expensive to replace than the windshield itself...

Any idea on what is the depreciation pattern on windscreen sunfilm insurance and if someone has actually got it done
Old 18th July 2006, 17:31   #186
BHPian

Hi,

I would request u ppl 2 help me decide a Authentic Outlet where i can get Original Sunfilm (VKool or Llumar) in Mumbai.

Also how 2 find out if the films are original.

Thanx
Old 18th July 2006, 17:33   #187
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhav
but consider your windscreen cracked due to some reason (like a coconut fallin on it or any reason), then you can atleast clain insurance and get your w/s glass back, but the money spent on the tint is gone down the drain...
Funny you mention this. My Baleno WS cracked 3 months back and I lost my Llumar sunfilm. Right now my Balneo doesn't have sunfilm, it is not available around here.
Old 18th July 2006, 17:38   #188
BHPian

oh! i didn't read the whole thread....about the insurance part

Last edited by madhav : 18th July 2006 at 17:39.
Old 21st July 2006, 14:30   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
My Baleno WS cracked 3 months back
Samurai, how did it crack ?
Old 21st July 2006, 14:56   #190
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
Samurai, how did it crack ?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...indshield.html
Old 21st July 2006, 18:59   #191
BHPian

after reading and sending ina few posts here i c that there is still a bit of confusion between v-kool and luminar . the v-kool is by far the best , followed by luminar , 3m , garware ,etc etc .
to start with ive got the v-kool premium (v-70 ) on my car including the windscreen , and it is really amazing , yes expensive but worth it , before this i had the 3m whch was crap compared to the v- kool .
v-kool was invented by N.A.S.A and is now only manufactured by a company in california . the v-k was basically designed for space shuttles , because while re-entry into earth a lot of astronauts were getting light burns due to the direct rays of the sun , thats when nasa decided that they need something that would cut out the heat but not visibility -- that was when the v-k was invented , i would suggest for everyone planning to get luminar , wait a little save a bit more and go for the v-k , thats what i did , made a packet wrote v-kool on it and put in money into it every month , also the v-k comes with a 5 year warranty , so incase with time the film peels of or fades they would ( i hope and imagine ) replace the sunfilm ,
also getting the film on the front windscreen is most impotant cause max light enters the car from there , also the heat of the engine comes in from there , i hope this post helps u guys , take care - sahil
Old 22nd July 2006, 00:50   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
@ johy; I use garware for my front windscreen and I dont haev any problems
What exactly do you have on the front screen? I have an existing lite tint on my car (4 side+ rear) and now im planning on getting a second, slightly darker layer put. Keen on getting the front glass tinted as well, more for privacy than fighting UV !! Lots of thefts happening around these days and need to conceal the ICE upgrade as far as possible.

Last edited by s0uljah : 22nd July 2006 at 00:55.
Old 22nd July 2006, 02:37   #193
Senior - BHPian

Right souljah, i have had Llumar Steel 50 on the sides and back for a year, and then this time around i decided i needed more privacy so i added another layer of Black 50 which darkened it just right. Also added Llumar PP60 on the front windshield. Heat reduction was pretty evident.
Old 23rd July 2006, 17:55   #194
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the thumbs up arush.... Will get it done this week, im sticking with the cheapo tints..probably garware (since the car wont be with me for much longer)

Jk... what option of garware do you have on the windscreen?
Old 24th July 2006, 15:47   #195
Senior - BHPian

my dealer says he can fit my car (Obvious) with 3m for 3k...is it a fair price...i think it is

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks