Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2014, 09:56   #1966
BHPian

Re: Front windscreen sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Wouldn't have thought so, and it sounds like they are giving you bull.

My 3m film had "3m" all over it. The fitter just wiped it off. i don't know if he just used a water-damp cloth or some solvent, but they obviously knew how to get rid of it.
last Sun, went to dealer and using his nails he tried to clear the wrinkle, it worked only say 10-20%. His worker was away and said that it can be done using heat gun to a much larger extent. I was pressed on time, so will again visit him after few days.
Old 13th March 2014, 16:23   #1967
Distinguished - BHPian

Maybe give them one more chance then, but otherwise insist on replacing the whole thing. It's an expensive film, and nothing short of perfection is acceptable.

If he has taken his finger nails to it, he might have made a crease in the film that might not disapear even if the heat gun shrinks out the wrinkle. Insist on perfect!

It amazes me how they do fit these films so well! It should be perfect every time.
Old 16th March 2014, 18:50   #1968
BHPian

I had visited the 3M shop at vashi, Navimumbai today. I enquired about CR70 for front windscreen for my XUV 500, the cost quoted was 7, 600 plus VAT. Post that I enquired in a local accessories shop and he told Garware film for 1000rs.
Will there be such a huge difference and 7k plus looks little more.
Please guide with your recent purchases.
Old 16th March 2014, 19:09   #1969
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kARTIK IYER View Post
I enquired in a local accessories shop and he told Garware film for 1000rs.
Doesn't look to be original Garware.
Garware's front w/s field comes in a sealed pack (cylindrical hard case) & a warranty card in it. Cost would be about / more than 3.5k. The box will have the price mentioned /printed on it.
Old 16th March 2014, 19:13   #1970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Doesn't look to be original Garware.
Garware's front w/s field comes in a sealed pack (cylindrical hard case) & a warranty card in it. Cost would be about / more than 3.5k. The box will have the price mentioned /printed on it.
Thanks condor.

Had installed a icecool in my Scorpio earlier and could be that this guy is using a fake one. I am just unsure if 7k is worth for 3M. Will I get value benefits for money?
Old 16th March 2014, 19:20   #1971
Distinguished - BHPian

3M is a known brand. The specs will be a little better. But I haven't used 3M to compare the two. I know of fellow members who have moved from Garware to 3M.

If you are willing to spend that much, go for it. But if you want VFM, then Garware is fine.
Old 16th March 2014, 22:19   #1972
BHPian

I got the CR70 installed on my front screen and the RE70 on only the front sides. Haven't driven much to give my impressions, will do so over the next week.
Old 23rd March 2014, 16:35   #1973
BHPian

I today post reading all recommendations decided to install 3M CR70 film on my XUV front screen. I landed at 3M shop near Palm beach galleria at vashi. I decided to install this and a normal car wash. I inspected the film and agreed for it. It was genuine with 3M branding all over. I returned after an hour or so and the owner was waiting for me. He said the work is done buy not as per his satisfaction.

On inspection I saw that there few bubble type marks, few scratched points. I said this not as per standards. They said we have orderd for a fresh rim and I can come next week and replace it. I also do not need to pay for it. I found their approach genuine and liked pro active acceptance of not a good job done. Agreed. Not sure if they put a new one by removing existing one, will it leave any marks.

Overall liked the dealership even though they messed up.
kARTIK IYER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2014, 17:53   #1974
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kARTIK IYER View Post
I today post reading all recommendations decided to install 3M CR70 film on my XUV front screen. I landed at 3M shop near Palm beach galleria at vashi.

On inspection I saw that there few bubble type marks, few scratched points. I said this not as per standards. They said we have orderd for a fresh rim and I can come next week and replace it.

Overall liked the dealership even though they messed up.
I was at 3M Palm Beach yesterday to get under body coating for my Ford Fiesta. They did a good job at it. I would suggest you to get the film removed ASAP as within a week adhesive would become more strong. Later get new film installed from them.
Old 23rd March 2014, 19:37   #1975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
I was at 3M Palm Beach yesterday to get under body coating for my Ford Fiesta. They did a good job at it. I would suggest you to get the film removed ASAP as within a week adhesive would become more strong. Later get new film installed from them.
I spoke to owner and he assured me that no stains or issue on windscreen. He did not take money even for the wash and said you pay once I do a good job. The issue is that during weekdays I am really tied up. So now worried if it will be a mess after 1 week to remove n replace.

Regarding wash, I did not find them very detailed. I pointed out a lot of places where cleaning was not done, dashboard not polished, tire polish not done. The other 3M shop at seawoods had done a good job(its opening again after change of franchise). Maybe today was a bad day for me.
Old 23rd March 2014, 20:02   #1976
Team-BHP Support

With 3M there is no glue left even after years. You can keep them on till they get the replacement.
Old 23rd March 2014, 20:29   #1977
Distinguished - BHPian

I had some dark film on my earlier vehicle, which was removed after about 6 years of installation. It wasn't even branded, but it came out quite easily. A little glue remained, but that came out easily too. Residue from Garware film also has come off quite easily. Not understanding why / where is the problem coming up from - is it that un-solvable ?
Old 23rd March 2014, 21:27   #1978
BHPian

Hi, I will be getting 3M CR70 installed on front glass most probably next week. I have one query though. Is it ok to use the suction mounts for GPS and phone on the windshield after installing the film?
Thanks in advance.
Old 23rd March 2014, 21:38   #1979
Distinguished - BHPian

I think the film will come out if you use a suction cup.
Old 23rd March 2014, 23:17   #1980
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Hi, I will be getting 3M CR70 installed on front glass most probably next week. I have one query though. Is it ok to use the suction mounts for GPS and phone on the windshield after installing the film?
Thanks in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I think the film will come out if you use a suction cup.
I have Garware icecool on my front windshield and use a suction cup for mobile phone holder. No problems with the tints, however avoid putting the suction cup near the edges.
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks