Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2021, 16:36   #2386
BHPian

Re: Front windscreen sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhillon View Post
Is it legal to install the sun films? I am considering for my Ignis as the AC is not very effective for Delhi/NCR summers and the car heats up a lot when parked outside.
It is legal. However, the (Visual Light Transmission) norms are different for different states. A legal darker tint in Delhi might be legal in Chennai. Higher the VLT, the more legally acceptable across India.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 16:13   #2387
BHPian

Today I was stopped by a cop(not traffic police) on the outskirts of Delhi. He asked me to roll down the window and then placed his finger on the edge of the window glass to check for a film. I have CR 70 installed on all windows of my Baleno (delta). He politely asked me to get them removed and let me leave without any fine.
lxskllr is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 16:51   #2388
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
It is legal. However, the (Visual Light Transmission) norms are different for different states. A legal darker tint in Delhi might be legal in Chennai. Higher the VLT, the more legally acceptable across India.
Legal? I thought it was illegal thanks to judicial overreach.

Seeing lots of vehicles recently with tints of all kinds, even the older style tints so dark you can't see anything.

Would be happy if there was any sensible rules like allowing 70%+ VLT.
DicKy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 19:33   #2389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Legal? I thought it was illegal thanks to judicial overreach.
Yes. It is illegal. I realized my fast fingers were too late to edit my post.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2021, 14:34   #2390
BHPian

I am planning to install a sunfilm on my windshield.

It gets too hot and the heat is felt in the car, obviously affecting the cooling in a negative way.

I want something which will cut down the heat but not the visibility.

I know this is illegal, but I only intend to install on the windshield, where as rest of the windows are clear.

Which film is suggested and what should be the budget?

I am capping the budget between 5k to 8k at the max.
Old 22nd November 2021, 15:01   #2391
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
I am capping the budget between 5k to 8k at the max.
For the mentioned budget, Garware.
3M / others would cost more.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 16:40   #2392
Senior - BHPian

Hi Team, I'm planning to get sunfilm on my car and after going through many pages of this thread, concluded that CR 70 by 3M is the best but it comes at a hefty price. Indiranagar dealer quoted 16k for side windows and 33 for all glasses. The demo too was quite convincing where the heat from a lamp felt through CR 70, was significantly reduced. Moreover, and importantly, the difference in color of the glass with the film with and without it, is barely noticeable.

Garware Ice Cool Shield seems a good VFM alternative, I think. But I've not had any experience with it.

So compared to the cr70 how does ICS compare in terms of heat reduction and color change on the glass.

Also any Garware dealer in East Bangalore where I could have a look at ICS? JC road is a pain to visit.
Old 19th December 2021, 17:00   #2393
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Garware Ice Cool Shield seems a good VFM alternative, I think. But I've not had any experience with it.

Also any Garware dealer in East Bangalore where I could have a look at ICS? JC road is a pain to visit.
Using Garware on my Storme for past 8.5 years, still good. Sending you PM with contact number.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 19:19   #2394
Senior - BHPian

Got Ice cool shield 70 % vlt done on my side windows and rear window. There is a slight tint that one can make out from outside. From inside the difference is negligible. BUT the difference in heat felt on the hand or any body part exposed to the sun is humongous. So definitely worth it, only issue is the legality of it
Here is a pic of before and after. Incidentally I also got my flat's west facing windows done with Reflective Silver 35% vlt and 63% TSER which is highly effective. Front windscreen sunfilm?-img_20211228_191301.jpg
goandude is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 00:58   #2395
BHPian

I have had Ice Cool Shield installed on my previous two car's windshield and it had made life so smooth and comfortable, and they are working like a charm till now. Original Garware Ice Cool Shield with 70% VLT
Also had Garware Ice Cool Elite for all the other windows including the quarter glasses

Now my question to you guys, are the Ice Cool Shield and Ice Cool Elite still available ?
Secondly, if they have been discontinued long back, should I get them, as very old stock may not be as effective as new one. The Garware website under automotive films doesn't list any of these two, currently
Lastly, even if I can pay for 3M/Vkool and whatever that is available in the market at present, I would still go for Garware above two names ( if they are available that is ), as years of use have made me a very happy returning customer

Thanks again
ultimatechamp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 14:37   #2396
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp View Post
Now my question to you guys, are the Ice Cool Shield and Ice Cool Elite still available ?
Just checked with the distributor here (same person who installed it for @goandude).

Icecool Shiled is available, and current stocks. He doesnt have kits, but he has the rolls.

Icecool Elite was a kit that came for side windows and rear windows as a set (50% VLT for side windows, and 70% VLT for rear). So if you purchased the set, then these five glasses got covered.
Old 3rd January 2022, 20:29   #2397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Just checked with the distributor here (same person who installed it for @goandude).

Icecool Shiled is available, and current stocks. He doesnt have kits, but he has the rolls.

Icecool Elite was a kit that came for side windows and rear windows as a set (50% VLT for side windows, and 70% VLT for rear). So if you purchased the set, then these five glasses got covered.
Thanks a lot condor
Really appreciate your help in this

I would love to again install Ice Cool Shield on my front glass as it really cuts down on heat as well as glare
Also you are perhaps right that I had got the Elite kit at that time for all the other windows. Now, there are couple of things I need to clarify from you:

1) I am from Kolkata, and since you are saying Ice Cool Shield is available in your city, it should be readily available in Kolkata too I guess . Any distributors/sales agent numbers that you can procure from your contact would be of great help
2) I am okay with buying a kit again for Ice Cool Elite, but did your distributor confirm that it is still available ? If yes, then problem is solved. If no, then my actual question is what are my options from Garware ? I want the same quality as I got from Elite for the other windows. Cost is not an issue thankfully . Just want that same quality which I have been habituated with

Any help / inputs are most welcome from other esteemed members

Thanks
ultimatechamp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 21:34   #2398
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp View Post
2) I am okay with buying a kit again for Ice Cool Elite, but did your distributor confirm that it is still available ?
From what I understood, the kit is no longer available. Let me see if I can get a number for you.

50% VLT film would be more visible. One option is to get the 70% VLT for all glasses - front (if you want), side and rear.

Personally, I want film on the front since it reduces strain on the eyes when driving during day time.
Old 3rd January 2022, 23:42   #2399
BHPian

Quote:
From what I understood, the kit is no longer available. Let me see if I can get a number for you.
That would be really kind of you condor

Quote:
One option is to get the 70% VLT for all glasses - front (if you want), side and rear
I actually do not want that. Shield was purpose built for front glass and I really need a comparatively thicker shades for all other glass

Quote:
Personally, I want film on the front since it reduces strain on the eyes when driving during day time.
Absolutely. Even with good quality sun glasses, the glare at times during height of Indian Summer is too much, and I agree fully with you. Along with heat, the glare is minimized with the IC Shield
Old 21st January 2022, 00:39   #2400
BHPian

Quote:

50% VLT film would be more visible. One option is to get the 70% VLT for all glasses - front (if you want), side and rear.

Dear condor, I think I would love to go with Ice Cool Grand for all my windows except the windshield and Ice Cool Shield for the front glass
Did you manage to get that number ?
And also can you please confirm whether Ice Cool Grand is available still in the market .
Thanks so much

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks