Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2023, 19:25   #2521
BHPian

Re: Front windscreen sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoaTMoN View Post
3M Coimbatore quoted only 24,900 for CR70 for my 7 seater. 34.5 is definitely over priced.
Most 3M films installed in India are not genuine and most shops with 3M logos are NOT official dealers despite having the markings and even the infrared 3M display lamps for demo. Many used to be official 3M dealers but have long parted ways. Now they offer fake 3M films at seemingly cheaper prices. The fake films come in 3M boxes and have 3M stamps. Anyone offering full vehicle for less than 50k is unlikely to use genuine film.

Has anyone tried a simple test to determine if it is genuine 3M CR70? Ask for a small piece to be cut for you. Just a few inches across. Now roll it up and place it in a glass of water. With genuine 3M CR70, you will instantly see a rainbow effect against light but you will see nothing on fake ones. Note: this test was suggested by an official 3M dealer and demonstrated to me. I later got film from other places which were supposed to be 3M and it didn’t have this effect while the piece supplied by him does. I am not sure if this is a genuine test. However, simply touching his film and the one from other supposedly official dealers, one can instantly see the difference in quality and finesse.

Last edited by Lobogris : 11th March 2023 at 19:27.
Lobogris is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 20:39   #2522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
Most 3M films installed in India are not genuine and most shops with 3M logos are NOT official dealers despite having the markings and even the infrared 3M display lamps for demo. Many used to be official 3M dealers but have long parted ways. Now they offer fake 3M films at seemingly cheaper prices. The fake films come in 3M boxes and have 3M stamps. Anyone offering full vehicle for less than 50k is unlikely to use genuine film.
I contacted that store from 3M website. Could they still be selling fake films? By the way, 50k is way too much for a sunfilm. I would spend that money on fuel and run the ac all the time, even when idling. The 50k spent could also be stripped off by a cop who had an off day at home.
JoaTMoN is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 21:05   #2523

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Using Garware on my Storme for past 8.5 years, still good. Sending you PM with contact number.
Hi Condor, If you can share the contact for Bangalore where I can get Garware installed, would be great. I am looking to get sunfilm on my Nexon and based on all the posts, Garware seems to be a good VFM product.

Last edited by Aditya : 14th March 2023 at 05:10. Reason: Sunfilm discussion moved to relevant thread.
Old 22nd March 2023, 10:24   #2524
BHPian

Hi people,
I'm having a hard time finding an installer for Solargard sun film in Bangalore. The official solargard website lists Norton Grindwell as the distributor for Bangalore but I'm unable to reach them. No response on phone or WhatsApp.
Appreciate if anyone could share a lead.
Thanks in advance.
Old 10th April 2023, 14:23   #2525

Hello Guys,

Newbie here, so if you see me asking stupid questions please ignore.

I have booked TATA Harrier #Black . I wanted to have opinion on the below things since i read so much in the forums and now confused

1) Is Sun Film required on Front & Back or we can live without it in this heat.
2) For the Side windows i saw a lot of shades on Amazon & flipkart, does anyone have a better suggestion for the same. Is it worth it for side windows.

Hope to get the Beast by this month end , will update you details.
Old 10th April 2023, 16:15   #2526
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazer2013 View Post
Hi people,
I'm having a hard time finding an installer for Solargard sun film in Bangalore. .
Give Kathik of Speedfreeks a call. He'll put you in touch with the solar shield fellows in Bangalore. Great choice about Solar shields - they definitely the best.

Karthik @ 9840904059

Don't forget to mention you got the contact via TeamBhp!

I've been repeatedly hearing from different credible sources that 3M is having a huge logistic issue in India right now and most of their sunfilms, especially the CR 70s are fake, even if branded and sourced from authorized 3M shops. I would highly recommend checking the sunfilms with a light meter to be sure.

40-50k on high grade sunfilms for a car and on all windows - including rear and windshield, I think is an extremely worthy investment. As I keep saying, after years of spending money on different car accessories and mods, I have come to realize that high quality sunfilms is THE most worthy and required mod one can get on their car!

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...s-chennai.html (Why I spent Rs 40,000 on Sunfilm at Speedfreaks, Chennai)

Last edited by thirdmainroad : 10th April 2023 at 16:16.
thirdmainroad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 18:39   #2527
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeRide View Post
Hope to get the Beast by this month end , will update you details.
Harrier`s AC is good, glass is already tinted from the factory so the only place where excessive heat can come in is through the Panoramic sunroof, parking in a shaded area is recommended so that the interiors does not get heat soaked - its a problem for vehicles with panoramic sunroof.

Please do not apply any kind of sunfilm, its not required and especially on windshield is likely to cause an accident in the night some day.

Last edited by aah78 : 13th April 2023 at 19:42. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 18:32   #2528

Thanks for the detailed reply appreciate it.
What about the side windows, are those also tinted from factory?

Last edited by aah78 : 13th April 2023 at 19:43. Reason: Spacing.
Old 11th April 2023, 18:57   #2529
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeRide View Post
Thanks for the detailed reply appreciate it.
What about the side windows , are those also tinted from factory ?
Yes it is. You can check it with a sheet of white paper.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 12:17   #2530

Is installing of Garware Ice Cool Shield on the windshield legally allowed?
Old 27th April 2023, 13:52   #2531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedatecruiser View Post
Is installing of Garware Ice Cool Shield on the windshield legally allowed?
No. No film on any vehicle glass is legal in India.
JoaTMoN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 09:17   #2532
Senior - BHPian

Took the plunge and installed Gaware ICe Cool Shield on the front windscreen at Car Kraft here in Mysore. Installer seemed professional and did a neat job. here is a picture of a white sheet of A4 paper through the windscreen with and with out the film. Not a very good quality pic I'm afraid.
Front windscreen sunfilm?-img_20230503_141332.jpg
the upper one is without the film.Front windscreen sunfilm?-img20230503115847.jpg
This picture is for reference my drivers side window with Garware film done 2 years ago.
goandude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 07:19   #2533

Yesterday I installed 3M CR 70 on the front windshield of my XUV 7OO and CR90 on the side windows. CR 90 though looks completely transparent, has a good heat rejection and keeps the car cool. Had got RE 70 on my previous XUV 5OO, and CR 90 is definitely better than that. Cost 37K for CR 70 and CR 90 combination. Waiting to test it more during peak North Indian summers.

Last edited by Axe77 : 8th May 2023 at 07:35.
Old 8th May 2023, 09:29   #2534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Harrier`s AC is good, glass is already tinted from the factory
I dont think Harrier's windshield is factory tinted, atleast that's what the TASS had said when I had enquired with them during the last service.

I was contemplating having the Gaware Icecool for the windshield and looking for a good installer in Bangalore.
Old 8th May 2023, 14:01   #2535
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I dont think Harrier's windshield is factory tinted, atleast that's what the TASS had said when I had enquired with them during the last service.

I was contemplating having the Gaware Icecool for the windshield and looking for a good installer in Bangalore.
That guy would be the last person to know and I wont be surprised given I had a Nano earlier.

Nano also has tinted glass, its just that these days tinted glass is not mentioned in the brochure because its like seatbelts, expected to be there.

Harrier definitely has it, just make sure to park in the shade if the vehicle has panoramic sunroof and never drive with shade open when its sunny, open the shade only when the weather is pleasant.

Unlike Bangalore where cops are trigger happy with sunfilm, Mysore is rather lenient with sunfilm, so lots of people have tinted their windshield as well, some of them tried coming down the Chamundi hill road - in the night- in the pouring rain last week. I could observe that they were driving blind.

Chamundi hill road is a well marked wide road, imagine if if was somewhere else in western ghats, sometimes visibility is everything, please do not mess with the windshield and make sure headlamp levelers are set correctly according to the load in the vehicle.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks