Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2009, 11:37   #721
Senior - BHPian

Even if you see a 3M logo on the 1200 bucks front film, it is the CT50 or CT35 film they are giving which is completely useless and definitely does not deserve to be on the front windscreen.
Old 17th April 2009, 16:14   #722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
You are allowed to use a front windscreen sunfilm as long as it has at least 70% VLT.
You are right ImmortalZ. 70% VLT is allowed on the front windscreen.

Thanks

Jaskirat
Old 17th April 2009, 17:20   #723
BHPian

Thanks for the info, I am taking my Swift ZXI for the first service tomorrow. Will check with the maruti dealer what they have to offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
Even if you see a 3M logo on the 1200 bucks front film, it is the CT50 or CT35 film they are giving which is completely useless and definitely does not deserve to be on the front windscreen.
Old 18th April 2009, 13:23   #724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_shanz View Post
Does garware have got icecool with a black or brown shade other that green. I basically dont like those green shade. In my place window tints are not at all against to the r.t.o rules
The Icecool range comes only in 1 shade. The Icecool Grand is more of a greyish shade than the other Icecool products. Call up Garware and they can send you a shade card.
Old 19th April 2009, 14:25   #725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsPG View Post
Legal limit is 50% on rear and sides and 70% on front and rear.

I'm going for Icecool Shield (70% VLT) on the front and Icecool elite 50 (50% VLT) on the sides and rear. Will get it installed this weekend.
I finally decided to go in for Icecool Shield (70% VLT) on the front, Icecool Elite 70 (70 % VLT) on the rear and Icecool elite 50 (50% VLT) on the sides. The installation person just left.

Figured with the cops in Bombay cracking down it was best to stay legit. Will post my experience in a week or so.
Old 21st April 2009, 18:42   #726
BHPian

I just got this Nanoshield 75 (Filmpro) put up on my front windshield. The visibility is superb and the heat rejection is very impressive.

Last edited by manojgautham : 21st April 2009 at 18:45.
Old 21st April 2009, 19:15   #727
BHPian

I installed Filmrpo Highlight 60 for my Esteem Windscreen but i am not seeing any huge difference in dashboard/steering getting the heated up.

not sure if i chose wrong brand of sunfilm.

-MUKE
Old 21st April 2009, 19:21   #728
Senior - BHPian

Never heard about it, more details on Nanoshield please (website, specs, price etc.) Is it a well-known/reputed brand?
Old 22nd April 2009, 11:43   #729
BHPian

Quote:
I finally decided to go in for Icecool Shield (70% VLT) on the front, Icecool Elite 70 (70 % VLT) on the rear and Icecool elite 50 (50% VLT) on the sides. The installation person just left.

Figured with the cops in Bombay cracking down it was best to stay legit. Will post my experience in a week or so.

The performance of the film has been good so far. The AC is cooling much quicker even though its 40 degrees! Unfortunately I see a few bubbles, scratches, etc.

Will call the dealer and ask them to rectify it.
Old 22nd April 2009, 12:13   #730
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The performance of the film has been good so far. The AC is cooling much quicker even though its 40 degrees! Unfortunately I see a few bubbles, scratches, etc.

Will call the dealer and ask them to rectify it.
Same case with me--I've installed Garware Ice Cool on the front windscreen yesterday. I noticed a few bubbles and scratches, and the installer got rid of most of them. It was too dark to spot all of them. I've found a few more this morning and will get them removed in the evening.

There is certainly a reduction in the glare from outside. On the cooling front, I think there is a reduction of 30% or so--can give a better picture after a few more days. The only -ve thing about it is that my perfume bottle that has a chrome bar at the top reflects a tad more on the windscreen now. But it ain't all that distracting.
Old 22nd April 2009, 14:14   #731

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Same case with me--I've installed Garware Ice Cool on the front windscreen yesterday. I noticed a few bubbles and scratches, and the installer got rid of most of them. It was too dark to spot all of them. I've found a few more this morning and will get them removed in the evening.

There is certainly a reduction in the glare from outside. On the cooling front, I think there is a reduction of 30% or so--can give a better picture after a few more days. The only -ve thing about it is that my perfume bottle that has a chrome bar at the top reflects a tad more on the windscreen now. But it ain't all that distracting.
Howmuch did you pay for the front windshield and where did you get it done?

got all my windows except the front screen installed with Llumar cr50 or br50 something yesterday at Ambica and it cost me 1800 bux, so far very satisfied but can know for sure after about a week's running
Old 22nd April 2009, 15:13   #732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rave View Post
Howmuch did you pay for the front windshield and where did you get it done?

got all my windows except the front screen installed with Llumar cr50 or br50 something yesterday at Ambica and it cost me 1800 bux, so far very satisfied but can know for sure after about a week's running
I paid 2900 bucks for it at Sai Bajrang Car Decors, off Raj Bhawan Road---the guy is decent and I've bought most of my accessories from him.
Old 22nd April 2009, 15:18   #733
BHPian

Pls suggest something between 1000 - 1500 for my Scorpio. I dont want to add to the replacement cost of windscreen by going for an expensive film as I am unlucky with flying stones. Have had 6 stone hits on the windscreens of my different cars in last 1 year.
Old 22nd April 2009, 15:59   #734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhogalrajnish View Post
Thanks for the info, I am taking my Swift ZXI for the first service tomorrow. Will check with the maruti dealer what they have to offer.
Be careful with Swift. Water seepage while applying front windscreen sun film has damaged ECUs for couple of people. Check previous posts in this thread itself.

Take proper precaution before spraying water.
Old 22nd April 2009, 16:27   #735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderNomad View Post
Pls suggest something between 1000 - 1500 for my Scorpio. I dont want to add to the replacement cost of windscreen by going for an expensive film as I am unlucky with flying stones. Have had 6 stone hits on the windscreens of my different cars in last 1 year.
As far as branded sun films go I think Garware at ~ Rs. 3,000 is going to be the cheapest option

Most Viewed