Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2009, 23:26   #751
BANNED

I recently installed garware cool vision for front and classic lite for sides and back. However scratches have cropped up and they are prominent driving at night and garware guy said it is not scratch resistant and with me compulsively liking a clear view.
I am at odds end.They warranty is not applicable for this .Can you people suggest something that is good and not fool making company like Garware which gets scratches even with slight cleaning with 100% cotton cloth and water.
Old 1st May 2009, 21:47   #752
BHPian

guys,its 3 days since my i10 was fitted with Llumar sunfilm.
The thing is about the windscreen film-AIR75.I see smudged appearances of lights coming from vehicles/lamposts during nights.Infact i travelled for 150kms in NH46 in the night,when i noticed this.But glare has been reduced to some extent.Will it settle down on its own? (i saw water being sprinkled between the film and windscreen when the film was fitted.so,do i have to wait for the water to evaporate?)

pls help guys!
Old 2nd May 2009, 15:45   #753
BANNED

I hunted for vkool and llumar today films for my swifts windshield alone.
-The initial quote was around 7-8k for lumar and 10 - 11 k for vkool

I was told that vkool is THE BEST for front.

Tbhpians from chennai ,please let us know the best place and best price for both the brands and also it would be great if you can let us know if there are variants in it.

Thanks

Last edited by joshguy : 2nd May 2009 at 15:47. Reason: Mistake
Old 2nd May 2009, 15:49   #754
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kums View Post
The thing is about the windscreen film-AIR75.I see smudged appearances of lights coming from vehicles/lamposts during nights.Infact i travelled for 150kms in NH46 in the night,when i noticed this.But glare has been reduced to some extent.Will it settle down on its own? (i saw water being sprinkled between the film and windscreen when the film was fitted.so,do i have to wait for the water to evaporate?)

pls help guys!

Hi the water takes atleast 7days or some times even more for the getting dry.Even i have steel 20 for my swift and its fine now

So dont worry.Also it might be due to humidity
Old 4th May 2009, 11:51   #755
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kums View Post

pls help guys!
Yes, it will take a while for all the water to evaporate. V-Kool says six to eight weeks.
Old 4th May 2009, 16:07   #756
BHPian

Effect of Sunglasses???

Hi BHPians,

I have observed a peculear thing in my car. I have a Tata Safari with 3M RE35 sunfilm on side & rear windows. I dont have any sunfilm on the front windshield. (whole reason why I was on this thread. ). I wear a Rayban Polarriod sunglasses while driving. So when I see into my inner RVM the rear window sunfilm has a sort of small diamond shaped shades . But when I see directly either side or rear windows its perfectly clear. Another thing is if I view the outside RVM through the side windows (which also has the same 3M sunfilm) its perfectly crear. So what could be the problem here?

I think that since both the sunfilm and my Rayban Polaroid have sore sort of light reflecting coating, there might be some refraction happening. Now the question would be has anyone here faced similar issue? Esp. with the front windshield sunfilm? I wanted to install a clear front window sunfilm, but now worried whether it will cause similar refraction with my sunglasses. Can anyone suggest any answers??

Thanks
Old 5th May 2009, 11:33   #757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiTviN View Post
So when I see into my inner RVM the rear window sunfilm has a sort of small diamond shaped shades .
I have observed the same thing with my Garware Sun Film but didn't have to worry as i don't have a front windscreen sun film.
Old 5th May 2009, 11:43   #758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiTviN View Post
Hi BHPians,

I have observed a peculear thing in my car. I have a Tata Safari with 3M RE35 sunfilm on side & rear windows. I dont have any sunfilm on the front windshield. (whole reason why I was on this thread. ). I wear a Rayban Polarriod sunglasses while driving. So when I see into my inner RVM the rear window sunfilm has a sort of small diamond shaped shades . But when I see directly either side or rear windows its perfectly clear. Another thing is if I view the outside RVM through the side windows (which also has the same 3M sunfilm) its perfectly crear. So what could be the problem here?

I think that since both the sunfilm and my Rayban Polaroid have sore sort of light reflecting coating, there might be some refraction happening. Now the question would be has anyone here faced similar issue? Esp. with the front windshield sunfilm? I wanted to install a clear front window sunfilm, but now worried whether it will cause similar refraction with my sunglasses. Can anyone suggest any answers??

Thanks
I have garware on the front windshield and haven't had any problems when using sun glasses!
Old 5th May 2009, 13:40   #759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsPG View Post
I have garware on the front windshield and haven't had any problems when using sun glasses!
You won't be able to notice anything unless you are using Polarized Sun Glasses.
Old 5th May 2009, 13:57   #760
BHPian

OMG!!!

Okie time for simple physics breakdown [I know 0 physics but will try my best!]

Polarizing of lenses means that the lens will only let light radiating in one direction through. normally light radiates all around [ex: lightbulb] what the polarizing lenses do, is that it lets light which is aligned in the same direction as it's filter through, and all other light is blocked.

The effect is that it cuts down glare. They're great for driving!
The funny thing that occurs, is that you can see weird patterns on LCD screens, and from certain angles you can't see the screen at all. Also you can see marks where water has dried on glass, for example after washing your car/window.

A similar effect is probably caused by the water required by the sunfilm to cure.

The reason it causes it for the rear windscreen and not the sides is probably the viewing angle. For the front windscreen, you'd have to test it first before fitting.

Hope I could help some,
DocG
Old 6th May 2009, 00:35   #761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
I hunted for vkool and llumar today films for my swifts windshield alone.
-The initial quote was around 7-8k for lumar and 10 - 11 k for vkool

I was told that vkool is THE BEST for front.

Tbhpians from chennai ,please let us know the best place and best price for both the brands and also it would be great if you can let us know if there are variants in it.

Thanks
thanks joshguy!
I'l wait for some more days.For your car,I think the quoted rate for llumar is a bit high.I guess your car is a swift and the surface area of the front windshield must be slightly more than a i10.But still i feel the price is a bit high - my opinion
Old 6th May 2009, 01:00   #762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Yes, it will take a while for all the water to evaporate. V-Kool says six to eight weeks.
Thanks immortalz! Mods,sorry for multiple posts,I tried the edit option but it failed !
Llumar booklet says the duration as 1-2 weeks i think.Hmmm,i'm waiting with fingers crossed
Old 6th May 2009, 12:30   #763
Distinguished - BHPian

I just installed cr70 on the front of my scorp y'day. Now this one is supposedly the best and most expensive from 3m, so my expectations were very high. Issue 1: the thing still reflects my dashboard on the screen. I thought this was the case only with the re series which are metallic/reflective.
Issue 2: the high beams at night are not dimmed to a great extent when their light hits me.
Issue 3: the dashboard remains warm in chennai heat.

I got re 50 for the sides.

Any opinions? How the hell do i make out if what i got is cr70?
Old 6th May 2009, 13:22   #764
Senior - BHPian

@Redliner, how much did it cost?
Old 6th May 2009, 13:32   #765
Distinguished - BHPian

10k in total. 6.5k for the cr70. I got the warranty cards for both, so i just want to know how i can scientifically check the rating.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks