Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2005, 16:54   #76
Senior - BHPian

guys do you have any info regarding gareware films?

i have a santro and intend to get films for it. (frnt too).
wht would you recommend. and rate

i guess i would darker shades ( not too much tint ).
is ther a film with light tint yet would give privacy to some extend?

this is a link http://www.georgeandsons.net/scf_gs.html ( cochin one) that i found while googling. i mailed them regarding rates but i didnt get a reply.
Old 12th November 2005, 16:59   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
did u get any film for the front glass?
Only specific grades of V-kool & Llumar films can be fixed on the front wind screen glass. Even 3M is,nt clear enough for this. All other films are tinted and effect night vision..
Old 12th November 2005, 17:07   #78
BHPian

Quote:

this is a link http://www.georgeandsons.net/scf_gs.html ( cochin one) that i found while googling. i mailed them regarding rates but i didnt get a reply.
Take my advise.

Fix garware on all windows for fairlly good heat reduction and also privacy. But do'nt think of any other film other than V-kool for the front. If you want better FE than its V-kool for all but then its hot on the pocket. Even Liumar is not as good.

Another thing, get your V-kool insured by paying a few bucks more, because when the front wind screen cracks the film cost much much more than the glass.

Keep atleast one window down by about 4mm ( glass thickness) when parked in hot daylight SUN.
Old 12th November 2005, 17:12   #79
BHPian

You have got it wrong Steroid,

I have said that it helps when the later happens.

Last edited by varunroy : 12th November 2005 at 17:13.
Old 12th November 2005, 17:24   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunroy
You have got it wrong Steroid,

I have said that it helps when the later happens.
Okay. I've never had the latter problem, so my original issue remains...I'm still wondering if its a Llumar problem or a Tata problem or an Asahi problem.
Old 12th November 2005, 17:36   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punka23
Hey I've got TINT on the front glass as well.. LLUMAR one... tried GARWARE but its not as good. It kinda gets very irritating at night coz light seems to spread all over n some kinda mirror affect comes on...

I paid bout 1200 for my front TINT.. i've got the BLACK one. Tried MIRROR as well.
Sorry to disappoint ya punka, but we aint go no tints or mirrors on dem front windscreens. Its CLEAR film that we're talking about.
Old 12th November 2005, 17:50   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Okay. I've never had the latter problem, so my original issue remains...I'm still wondering if its a Llumar problem or a Tata problem or an Asahi problem.
It could be because of the angle of the glass. Upright glasses normally fog more than the others. In luxury cars its almost 35 degrees so that helps. Not very sure right now, shall investigate and find the answer, if not the solution.

It does happen a lot in my Sumo Victa, but never found it a problem.
Old 12th November 2005, 20:06   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

You may find the following sites useful :

http://www.garwarepoly.com/products.html
http://www.v-kool.com
http://products3.3m.com/catalog/us/e...er/output_html
http://www.llumar.com
Old 22nd November 2005, 14:08   #84
BHPian

Hi All,

Is there any way to check which brand film is fitted on the car ? I opt for sun film from dealer side and just curious to know which brand he has provided. He said it is lumix (dont know the exact spelling) better then vkool. In My car rest of the windows have garware as it already have tinted glasses. How could i find whether dealer provided me good product or bad ? When i asked him why car is getting so hot when parked in sunlight...he said its bcos of oven effect in car. It can't be solved by putting film or using any other thing. We can reduce it by putting film. Please advise...
Old 22nd November 2005, 14:15   #85
Senior - BHPian

Amitabh

If your dealer says this Lumix is better than Vkool he's taking you for a ride. Vkool is the best.

Vkool has a tiny little watermark on a part of the film, as does 3M. You have to search for those, though. Llumar dealers however put a tiny Llumar sticker on the glass before putting the film on.
Old 22nd November 2005, 14:29   #86
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
If your dealer says this Lumix is better than Vkool he's taking you for a ride. Vkool is the best.
May be he means Llumar. I feel both VKool and Llumar are closely matched, rest are user perceptions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitabh_kaushal
When i asked him why car is getting so hot when parked in sunlight...he said its bcos of oven effect in car.
When the car is parked in sunlight it will get hot even with sunfilm, only it may take longer time. The real advantage of sunfilm is when you are driving, not while parked.
Old 22nd November 2005, 14:39   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
The real advantage of sunfilm is when you are driving, not while parked.
Why not?? The car is much less hot, when parked under sun, after i installed the llumar(which includes the front wind sheild).
Extended driving in TN around noon, used give me head aches. Now thats gone down, also the AC is more effective. So i think its adv in both case.
Old 22nd November 2005, 14:43   #88
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn
Why not?? The car is much less hot, when parked under sun, after i installed the llumar(which includes the front wind sheild).
Well, relatively less hot compared to no film, but not cool.
Old 8th December 2005, 22:22   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Extended driving in TN around noon, used give me head aches. Now thats gone down, also the AC is more effective. So i think its adv in both case.

Here are the facts. I have a temperature guage which shows the external and the internal temperatures. In Bangalore while the Ex temp is 32 deg C the In temp goes upto 80 deg but with all round V-Kool the max goes only upto 42 Degs. even if the car is parked in the SUN for over 4 hours. Remember the warning about not keeping your cameras, Floppys and Cds in a car parked under the Sun. I have seen floppys just melt due to this heat. BTW, my car is white.
Old 8th December 2005, 23:02   #90
bhp
BHPian

i just got front windshield tints installed in my marina . it costs me 1150 garware brand preety effective in the afternoon s and its glare free while night driving on the highways also ......

Most Viewed