Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2005, 19:38   #91
BHPian

clearest film

Quote:
[Samurai]May be he means Llumar. I feel both VKool and Llumar are closely matched, rest are user perceptions.
Come on guys there are just 2 tpyes of heat control films availble in the market.

V-KOOL and the rest are NON V-kool. Period.
soccer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2005, 00:12   #92
lancer_mania

which film can i get for my RS.im looking for something really dark.prefrebly a dark tint for the windscreen too.not as dark as the sides though.

Old 19th December 2005, 02:06   #93
Senior - BHPian

i have installed the misty gray color film on the front windscreen.. the sides are dark black... and no i dont have problems driving in the night.. i guess one just have to get used to driving with dark tints. and applying misty gray in front glass the clarity is also ok during night.
Old 19th December 2005, 02:19   #94
lancer_mania

i saw you car pics but could you post another pics of your car from the side and also one on your windscreen as i want to see how dark your tints are.do they prevent the suns rays from enterin or are they just for sure.

Old 19th December 2005, 02:24   #95
Senior - BHPian

the pic of the music system is taken in the afternoon with the windows rolled up.. not night..i will upload the pics tomorrow..
Old 3rd January 2006, 23:28   #96
BHPian

hi guys , to start with THANK YOU ALL , wow amazin , i am delighted at the info ive got about sun films from this site ,ok i live in del and presently drive an esteem vx and ride a kawasaki ninja zx12r , i hate the summers , and delhi gets really really hot at that time of the year , after a couple of months of buying the esteem i realized the air con sucks , yes yes the ac was working fine and there was nothing wrong with it , i got it checked from the subros people twice , their answer was ( a/c theek hai itna hi cool karega , agar aur cooling chaheaye to imported gadi leney padeygi ) so now here i was with a brand new car ( which i love , the new esteem rules !!) but the a/c sucks , anyway the first thing i got done was get a 3m film put on all the windows and rear windsheild , but it sucks !! a couple of my friends told me that the 3m film i had got put was a fake , i really dont know if i shuold believe them as each film had the 3m logo on it , anyway next i thought of seling the esteem and getting an imported!!! car , ha ha , i knew i would loose a lot of money if i did that , cutting a long story shotrt , i got a new compressor put in --the sanden 507 it is a 110 cc comp compaired to the 80 cc the esteem uses ( same as the zen ) the cartoons at maruti should have put in a heavier comp for the esteem , infact i even wrote to them and adviced them to do so , but no changes have been made till now , anyway the new comp is really really effective , now i want to get a sun film to keep the car cooler , so am thinking ill go in for the v-kool on all the windows , ive read and heard a lot about it , shall definately post reviews about it once i get it installed which should be some time in march 2006 , as for people living outside delhi and who park their cars in a garage , please dont telll me that ac of the esteem is good . reason ,- people living in places like bangalore , pune mumbai . there is a lot of humidity in the air which makes the cooling better , delhi goes to 44-45 d cel in the summers and my car is parked on the road outside without and shade , so its like a oven , anyway i think ive witten and chewed ure heads enough , before i finish the esteem is an awesome car but the a/c sucks , would like to get a v- cool put any feedback/advice regarding the v-kool would be appreciated - take care guys , sahil
Old 3rd January 2006, 23:30   #97
BHPian

hi soccer am new here just posted a long inquiry on v-kool sun film , hey if you have the time go through my prob , and give me some advice , thanx bro - sahil
Old 4th January 2006, 10:14   #98
Senior - BHPian

Saw two cars here at Cochin, one was a SAnto Xing. These cars had soem film on their front windshields. The looked/actec reflective kindof. Are these the Vcool/etc stuff?
Old 10th January 2006, 17:23   #99
BHPian

Quote:
If you want a VFM sunscreen film for front windscreen.. you can try out Autografix sunfilm. I got it installed in my front windscreen for INR 1200. The sunfilm is metal based and uses the same principle as in 3M and Vkool. It's very good and am satisfied with it.
Quote:
checked out the autographix thingie here in mumbai and yup has no issues to my knowledge...great choice
Can anyone shed some more light on this Autographix thing? Apart from these two posts I couldn't find anything in this thread. Rs. 1200 sounds like a pretty good deal, provided it works well for at least 3 years without any major issues.

I was going to get pitch black tints on sides and rear for the Esteem like I have on the Zen (which I never had problems with), but I have a feeling a pitch black Esteem with pitch black tints will surely draw attention, so I'm going to go with the darkest RTO approved shade I can get. And I'll get a clear type for the front. Of course, V-Kool / 3M / Llumar is out of the question because of the price, so I'm more interested in knowing the difference between Garware (supposedly around Rs. 1900) and this Autographix (supposedly around Rs. 1200). I'm going for the RTO tints right now, and will probably do this front windscreen clear film on the weekend.

Thanks.

- Aalaap
www.aalaap.com
Old 10th January 2006, 20:00   #100
BHPian

Hey guys

I got the darkest available RTO approved Steel Gray from Garware for Rs. 750 for the sides and rear and Garware's clear type for the front for only Rs. 1350! I would have thought twice about it if it was 1900-ish, but 1350 sounded fine to me. Total 2100 mein kaam ho gaya.

I was talking to him about the difference between the 5,500 V-Kool and the 1350 Garware and he said that the V-Kool actually cuts 80%-100% of the heat while the Garware only manages a maximum of 25%-30%. This he told me when the film was half applied and my jaw dropped to the floor. But then I calculated the "cost per percent" and I figured that I've actually paid around the same. Approximately. Then he also went on to tell me that the glass area of an Esteem and other small(er) cars is not much - around 10-12 sq ft, so the Garware's 25%-30% heat cut works just fine. V Kool makes more sense for bigger cars like the Corolla with around 16-18 sq ft of glass area. That kinda consoled me a bit.

Now let's see if it really works. I'll take it to work tomorrow and see what the end result is like!

BTW I got the film put from Auto King at Shivaji Park.

- Aalaap
www.aalaap.com
Old 10th January 2006, 20:28   #101
BANNED

Hey,

I guess for a majority of people the main reason to install sun film is to keep the car cool and reject heat while the rest do it for privacy reasons as well.

My logic is that film is generally a one time investment and you should go for a good reputed brand that rejects the maximum solar heat. By my personal experience Garware is useless and you get other brands which reject 35-40 % heat for approx Rs1250/-. What makes more sense saving 500-1000k or remaining comfortable in the heat it is your call at the end of the day.

BTW - As weird as it may sound a good sun film also helps in increasing FE indirectly. The more solar heat rejected the cooler the interior and the cooler the interior the lesser the aircon compressor needs to work. I think everybody knows you get better FE if you use the aircon less.

Viper
Old 11th January 2006, 06:56   #102
BHPian

Quote:
By my personal experience Garware is useless...
Can anyone prove this?

- Aalaap
www.aalaap.com
Old 11th January 2006, 13:48   #103
BHPian

1) can anyone tell me which shop in chennai is better in sunfilm installations?

2) I have a darkest shade sunfilm in my black indica and during nights i am virtually not able to see anything in side and back. I want to change it to a very good sunfilm, with maximum visibility from inside and less visible from outside. Please give your suggestions.
Old 6th February 2006, 15:41   #104

well from the discussion i make out that V-kool is really good...!!
but there are stuff like 3M & Lumar too.

I own a Maruti Swift and when i inquired about a sun film at their accessories section, they said that they have the Garware Ice Grand Film which is the best for 5,500/- and it cuts down around 60% of the heat. But 5,500/- is pretty expensive.

So could you guys suggest me if it is really worth it or not? and i think getting a sun film from the service center would be expensive and stupid.

is there any other better deal outside?
can anyone suggest me a shop for getting my sun film in mumbai?
and finally what should i go for?
Old 6th February 2006, 18:54   #105
BHPian

hi members what do u all recommend for the rear and side glasses

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks