Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2011, 14:54   #1351
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Front windscreen sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashodeep View Post
It is just too difficult for me digest the fact that you have got everything within 5K !! I am fitting Llumar only on the sides and back and that is going to cost me 4K.
Yes, it is costly. But since I got a discount (a very good one I should say), it was a good deal.
Kindly upload the pics when it's done.
Old 28th February 2011, 11:15   #1352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Yes, it is costly. But since I got a discount (a very good one I should say), it was a good deal.
Kindly upload the pics when it's done.
My bad luck just got worse. The dealer had confirmed to send his guy to install the film on saturday @ 12pm sharp. At 12.45 pm I get a call saying there has been a 'genuine' delay and his person will now reach by 2pm.

3 pm: Door bell rings. 3.15pm: I discover that he has brought the wrong film (and it looked un-original since it was a cut out from the roll). 3.30pm: I send the man packing back to where he came from.

Conclusion: I'm so pissed off with this mis-management that I have indefinitely postponed the film installation in my car. I'm now looking for a dealer somewhere close to town (lamington road). Pls suggest.

Apologies to all if I have caused any disappointment.
Old 1st March 2011, 00:00   #1353
BHPian

Quote:
My bad luck just got worse.

Conclusion: I'm so pissed off with this mis-management that I have indefinitely postponed the film installation in my car. I'm now looking for a dealer somewhere close to town (lamington road). Pls suggest.

Hi Yashodeep,
I can understand your concern quite well.
Don't be nervous man, at least you came to know about the facts regarding the quality & authenticity of the film in time, before the installation! Just think what could have happened if you couldn't have noticed all the facts & the guy had finished his job- more problems & more head ache than this, that's all!!

I have had the total film installation of my New Fabia completed today only & that after having purchased my 3M RE50/ RE70 Combo car kit almost 10 days ago!! I think myself to be lucky enough to have a better person to finish the job neatly & that in perfect manner too...
BTW, I was a bit anxious on my way back to home as it was dark enough & I was driving with the front wind screen film on for the first time &. But I tell you, apparently there was no any problem/ issue regarding the visibility, glare etc.
I'll post all the details about the experience & pics later only, as it is at least 2 days period for setting/ curing of the film & I think it's better to keep my fingers crossed till then for the end result..

Thanks & regards,
Old 1st March 2011, 09:51   #1354
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My bad luck just got worse. The dealer had confirmed to send his guy to install the film on saturday @ 12pm sharp. At 12.45 pm I get a call saying there has been a 'genuine' delay and his person will now reach by 2pm.

3 pm: Door bell rings. 3.15pm: I discover that he has brought the wrong film (and it looked un-original since it was a cut out from the roll). 3.30pm: I send the man packing back to where he came from.

SOrry to hear. But as doc mentioned, good that it went well at the end since it wasnt a genuine piece. I would suggest you to visit the shop in person, stay there and get the films installed.I did the same. This way you can ensure that only genuine films are installed and they do that in a proper way without any hurry.
Old 1st March 2011, 19:46   #1355
BHPian

I am planning to install sunfilm in my Fiesta and more or less finalized V-Kool for the same.

Now the question is? which specification is to be considered?

For front, I chose VK-70. However, I am a little bit confused for the sides & rear.
Still to decide between A-50 & H-50.

My requirements are:
1. It should be colorless, and reflective and colored.
2. Heat & UV rejection should be better.

Can anyone suggest which one to go for?
Old 2nd March 2011, 10:58   #1356
BHPian

Hi Naveen, I am exactly planning to do as you suggested. Will have to figure how to extract time off from a working saturday. Also, thinking of getting a better horn fitted. any suggestions on the sound that will suit the i20?
Old 2nd March 2011, 11:08   #1357
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Naveen, I am exactly planning to do as you suggested. Will have to figure how to extract time off from a working saturday. Also, thinking of getting a better horn fitted. any suggestions on the sound that will suit the i20?
Good to hear that. I have roots (Skoda type) on my Swift. Didnt want to go for powerful ones since we use them a lot here in Cochin . I got it for around 500/-

I also liked the OEM horns from Toyota.
Old 5th March 2011, 14:38   #1358
BHPian

3M CR70 costs me 6870 (incl13.5% tax and application charge) from 3M Spa in Bangalore HSR. This rate is common for all the cars. Is it worth on a 2 year old WagonR?

I am using my car mainly on weekends and it had clocked only 13300 kms in 3 years.
Old 5th March 2011, 16:22   #1359
BHPian

^^ Monthly expense on simple maths of 6870rs.. if car is going to be kept for another 1year: 573rs, 2years: 286rs and if 3year: 191rs
Old 6th March 2011, 04:41   #1360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
This was my main concern before getting my front windscreen sunfilm.

However, after getting CR70, have crossed tollgate at least 20-25 times and there was no problem even once.
Mukesh, what do you have on sides and rear? (CR50 or something else?)
Old 6th March 2011, 08:45   #1361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
Mukesh, what do you have on sides and rear? (CR50 or something else?)
Hi.

I have RE35 on sides & rear and CR70 on front.
Old 6th March 2011, 10:10   #1362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelightening View Post
3M CR70 costs me 6870 (incl13.5% tax and application charge) from 3M Spa in Bangalore HSR. This rate is common for all the cars. Is it worth on a 2 year old WagonR?

I am using my car mainly on weekends and it had clocked only 13300 kms in 3 years.

3M CR70 for Rs 6870 is over priced. You can get it installed in any other known car Accessory shop for not more than Rs 6000.

I got it installed for Honda city for Rs 5800 at EVO, ulsoor, bangalore, with bill and warranty. So for wagonR it might cost even less.
Old 6th March 2011, 15:07   #1363
BHPian

shamanth, so hw was the work, any bubbles or any dust in b/w? or its just like a clear glass? so is it cutting the entire heat?
Old 6th March 2011, 16:09   #1364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Hi.

I have RE35 on sides & rear and CR70 on front.
Interesting. Referring to this post, HuperOptik ceramic70 all around causes problems with the tag, while CR70 + metallic RE35 has no issues!
Old 7th March 2011, 11:24   #1365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
Interesting. Referring to this post, HuperOptik ceramic70 all around causes problems with the tag, while CR70 + metallic RE35 has no issues!
I am using HuperOptik ceramic 70 (front), Klar 50 side & back in my car for 1 year, I have no issue with radio frequency or Mobile for that matter. There is no visibility loss, it cuts glare during night. It however adds little dashboard reflection, in my fiesta this is not much of a problem. Best part of this film is one can't make out existence of film unless told.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks