Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2011, 11:04   #1456
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (9)
Re: Front windscreen sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I don't understand the highlighted part. Please elaborate.
Meaning, some tear marks are common for new installs and they tend to go away over time. the dealer forewarned me in anticipation. This was not a tear mark caused physically after install.

HTH
Ragul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2011, 11:41   #1457
BHPian

Hello All,

I was just planing to get a front sun film installed in my car, the cheapest one available though, the installer showed me Garware sun film specified for front windshield something named as "Fronty" at a price of Rs.1600/-, Any idea and suggestions would be welcomed.

Thank you.
Old 22nd April 2011, 11:45   #1458
Senior - BHPian

^^ The only Garware film currently recommended/installed for the front wind shield is the "Ice cool shield". I paid Rs 3600 for it.
Old 22nd April 2011, 12:46   #1459
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrocks7 View Post
Hello All,

I was just planing to get a front sun film installed in my car, the cheapest one available though, the installer showed me Garware sun film specified for front windshield something named as "Fronty" at a price of Rs.1600/-, Any idea and suggestions would be welcomed.

Thank you.
You can also try Llumar Charcoal ATR series that I installed for 2.5k from Blore. Very less drop in visibility and I highly recommend this. Pics can be seen few pages back.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2011, 13:05   #1460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
You can also try Llumar Charcoal ATR series that I installed for 2.5k from Blore. Very less drop in visibility and I highly recommend this. Pics can be seen few pages back.
Which place did you get it installed from?
Old 22nd April 2011, 13:14   #1461
BHPian

Quote:
^^ The only Garware film currently recommended/installed for the front wind shield is the "Ice cool shield". I paid Rs 3600 for it.
IMO, that's a bit too much, considering I got it done on my i10 for a little under 3k at a BHPian's place.
Old 22nd April 2011, 16:04   #1462
BHPian

Quote:
Hello All,

Thank you.
Garware has three ranges for front windshield. Fronty, Cool Vision and Icecool shield with varying degrees of heat reduction but 70% VLT. Icecool shield is the recommended one which is equivalent to Llumar AIR75 and 3M CR70. I have it on my windshield and is worth the money. These films cost's are on the higher side because they have higher heat rejection in spite of having a higher VLT
Old 22nd April 2011, 16:06   #1463
Senior - BHPian

^^
@Sridhar K

Did you get your film replaced? How did it go?
Old 22nd April 2011, 16:12   #1464
BHPian

I got Autographix installed for Rs 1000
Old 22nd April 2011, 18:20   #1465
BHPian

Quote:
^^
@Sridhar K

Did you get your film replaced? How did it go?
Not yet as I was out of station. Will try to get it some time this weekend
Old 25th April 2011, 10:57   #1466
BHPian

Based on the recommendation from this thread, I installed 3M CR70 in front windshield of my innova. I could see a significant reduction in heat. The steering wheel now doesnt get that hot when parked in sunlight.

I did my film install at Shri balaji (authorized 3M dealer) for Rs. 6300. For the same work Lanson Toyota quoted Rs. 13000.

After the install I noticed that the soap solution got locked in many places and showed them to the technician who installed it. He centered them and now I am able to see small small dots here and there. And even after 2 months they dont seem to be disappering. Do I have to live with these small dots? I am really curious to know if at they would get cleared.
Old 25th April 2011, 11:34   #1467
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravananj View Post

After the install I noticed that the soap solution got locked in many places and showed them to the technician who installed it. He centered them and now I am able to see small small dots here and there. And even after 2 months they dont seem to be disappering. Do I have to live with these small dots? I am really curious to know if at they would get cleared.

Look closely - are these dots dust particles? I too have dust particles in the driver side window, but they are not too many and can live with it. Else wait 3 to 4 months before contacting dealer.

--Ragul

Last edited by Ragul : 25th April 2011 at 11:35.
Ragul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2011, 13:45   #1468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Look closely - are these dots dust particles? I too have dust particles in the driver side window, but they are not too many and can live with it. Else wait 3 to 4 months before contacting dealer.

--Ragul
Those dots are not dust particles definitely. What happened was that ater finishing the installation, I saw a drop of soap solution locked between the windscreen and the film. When I showed the technician this he just spread the drop of soap solution locked by spreading it. This resulted in creation of 6 small dots around the place where the drop was originally (each of ball-point pen tip size). Apart from this there are few such dots in the windscreen. They are no disturbing as of now. But I would like to know if this would be a problem in the long run.
Old 26th April 2011, 21:50   #1469
BHPian

Can any one comment if removing the door pads and fixing the suncontrol film is of any use versus installing film without removing the door panels?
Old 26th April 2011, 22:49   #1470
BHPian

Quote:
Which place did you get it installed from?
He got it done at a place called 'Final Touch' located on Mission Road (near Double Road). Owner - Akash. Mention that you are from TBHP and that you were referred to him. LLUMAR CH05 and CH50 should totally come to 4.8k max. This is for all for side panels, rear and front.

Most Viewed