Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2017, 23:24   #2191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady8701 View Post
Thanks for this update shijanto!
I guess I'll might take a chance as well. This is really helpful. Do you mind if I PM you for details of where to get the sunfilm done. Mine is dark grey in color so I suppose the same logic might apply

Abhi
Sure, Abhi. In fact, I had shared getting my sunfilm experience in this same thread on 20th May 2017, post #2168. I got that guy's number as well from this same thread, posted by condor on 5th April 2017, post #2155. A word of caution - please do not get this done by any inexperienced hands. Whichever sunfilm you opt for, get it done by some skilled/experienced hands. Pls let me know if you need any further info. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Today saw cops in bengaluru stopping cars and checking for sunfilms. I saw this at halasuru gate traffic signal, near race course signal and near UVCE college. Not sure why the sudden interest again to check might be to meet month end quota.
Oh, my God! This is really a bad news. Any idea if they stopped for something else and happened to notice the sunfilms or an exclusive checking only for sunfilms?

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by moralfibre : 30th October 2017 at 08:48. Reason: Back to back posts.
shijanto4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 12:50   #2192
BHPian

Re: Front windscreen sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shijanto4 View Post
Sure, Abhi. In fact, I had shared getting my sunfilm experience in this same thread on 20th May 2017, post #2168. I got that guy's number as well from this same thread, posted by condor on 5th April 2017, post #2155. A word of caution - please do not get this done by any inexperienced hands. Whichever sunfilm you opt for, get it done by some skilled/experienced hands. Pls let me know if you need any further info. Thanks.
Thanks Shijanto, that's very useful info indeed. I'll pm you if I need any further info, but I guess with the posts you've specified, I should have all I need.

Abhi
Old 30th October 2017, 16:18   #2193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady8701 View Post
Thanks Shijanto, that's very useful info indeed. I'll pm you if I need any further info, but I guess with the posts you've specified, I should have all I need.

Abhi
Welcome, Abhi. Pls feel free to pm if you need any additional info.
Old 30th October 2017, 16:26   #2194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shijanto4 View Post

Oh, my God! This is really a bad news. Any idea if they stopped for something else and happened to notice the sunfilms or an exclusive checking only for sunfilms?
I am not sure if they were stopped for some other offense but

(i) all were KA vehicles so not stopped for out of state registration checks
(ii) no alchohol meters in the hands of the cops. Can rule out DUI checks.
(iii) there were few vehicles which had lined up for taking an illegal right/uturn right in front of cops and they were not asked to move or caught.
(iv) all the cars caught were having tints ranging from slightly dark (greyish) to very dark.

Based on these I assume they were caught for tints only and nothing else. Just to add (incase if you want to install them) even I have installed the CR70 sun film from garware last year because of the intense heat wave in bangalore last year. But it does not give a dark tint to the glass and the visibility is close to being the same as earlier.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 28th March 2018 at 03:45. Reason: formatting
Old 30th October 2017, 16:39   #2195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
I am not sure if they were stopped for some other offense but
(i) all were KA vehicles so not stopped for out of state registration checks
(ii) no alchohol meters in the hands of the cops. Can rule out DUI checks.
(iii) there were few vehicles which had lined up for taking an illegal right/uturn right in front of cops and they were not asked to move or caught.
(iv) all the cars caught were having tints ranging from slightly dark (greyish) to very dark.

Based on these I assume they were caught for tints only and nothing else. Just to add (incase if you want to install them) even I have installed the CR70 sun film from garware last year because of the intense heat wave in bangalore last year. But it does not give a dark tint to the glass and the visibility is close to being the same as earlier.
Thanks for the update. Yes, even I have got CR70 & RS60 combination on my car. I agree its visibility is good enough (almost like the OEM UV cut glass that comes from the manufacturer) and maybe that's why they haven't stopped so far.
Old 22nd March 2018, 16:47   #2196
BHPian

Hello fellow members,

I know I’m flogging an old thread, but I just bought a octavia and was looking for sun film.

I live in Mumbai. I would prefer film all around, but the thought of cops vandalising my windows sends a fright down my spine. So I guess it’s only going to be the front windscreen. I live in Goregaon East and just on the highway there is a 3M store. I walked in and asked them cost of CR70. With tax I was told a whopping 9300 rupees or so.

What would my other options be in Mumbai. I don’t mind the Garware or any other brand as well. Thank you.
Old 28th March 2018, 01:22   #2197
BHPian

I installed Llumar Air 80 on front windshield of Rapid.
Old 28th March 2018, 15:11   #2198
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadier View Post
I installed Llumar Air 80 on front windshield of Rapid.
Hoping you are going to give a full report?
Old 28th March 2018, 22:28   #2199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek View Post
. I walked in and asked them cost of CR70. With tax I was told a whopping 9300 rupees or so.
For just the windshield or all glasses ?

The going rate for all windows CR70 when I asked was Rs.25000 (tax inclusive). All glasses covered.
Old 28th March 2018, 22:41   #2200
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithm View Post
The going rate for all windows CR70 when I asked was Rs.25000 (tax inclusive). All glasses covered.
Llumar is costlier. I have Garware on the Storme for 5 yrs now. No complaints at all - no peeling / bubbles / discoloration. Film on the front windscreen is one that I find most useful, since the eyes are not strained much when driving in the afternoons. Of course, heat reduction on windows where the film is - front / sides / rear - are all helpful. Thanks to Shreyas
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 07:38   #2201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
heat reduction on windows where the film is - front / sides / rear - are all helpful.
Is their pricing competitive to 3M ?

The dealer who I asked for quote of CR70 is now quoting CR90 at old price. Looks like they are offloading their old inventory before summer. So, all in all ~Rs.25000 to 27000 for all windows.
Old 29th March 2018, 08:12   #2202
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithm View Post
Is their pricing competitive to 3M ?
Definitely ! 3M being a US brand, is higher. Looks like you are in HYD. In Bangalore, one can check with Shreyas on 9986502625 for current prices of Garware - and you can refer TBHP.

IIRC, Garware films are also exported.

Last edited by condor : 29th March 2018 at 08:13.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 17:30   #2203
BHPian

I had strange experience on my Polo. I have Garware film on my windscreen. During rainy season my windscreen gets fogged and remains fogged for almost 30-40 minutes after that fog slowly disappears. Particularly during rainy night it is almost impossible to drive if you have traffic coming from other direction. I have tried all remedies except removing the film.
Old 29th March 2018, 18:52   #2204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANPUSH View Post
I had strange experience on my Polo. I have Garware film on my windscreen. During rainy season my windscreen gets fogged and remains fogged for almost 30-40 minutes after that fog slowly disappears. Particularly during rainy night it is almost impossible to drive if you have traffic coming from other direction. I have tried all remedies except removing the film.
Best option would be to prevent the fogging. You could install rain visors to the windows and leave a gap in the window during rains. I have it on my i10 which has the CR70 on the windshield and trust me, fogging has been never been a problem since.

Last edited by bejoy : 29th March 2018 at 18:53.
Old 2nd April 2018, 08:29   #2205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANPUSH View Post
It's true, as bejoy has suggested, door visors tremendously help with fogging issue during rains. I guess this is a problem that's not related to the sun film or its brand (I have Garware on all sides). I believe it depends on the AC/heater/air circulation inside the car, especially when all windows are closed during rains. Even for me, keeping windows open a bit within the door visors during rains has helped a great deal.

Last edited by shijanto4 : 2nd April 2018 at 08:31.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks