Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2009, 10:02   #46
Team-BHP Support

Abhinav and smokin, what have you guys decided on?
Old 12th January 2009, 15:29   #47
Senior - BHPian

Will update you in a while.
Will talk to smokin about it.
Old 13th January 2009, 01:16   #48

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
First you say thats expensive.

Lemme do some calculations for you on to why its not a better option to order them from UK.

The light cost 260 pounds
@ 73.271 ( Current exchange rate on Jan11 , 10:30).
It comes out to be 19050

Assume it to be 19000.

Add to that shipping.

This is the normal lights on the skoda TPi and not the ones with projectors , xenons and angel eyes.

That would make it almost in the range of 40.

Its better to have a 8k ( or whatever the cost would finally come out to be) for a DIY rather than going for 40k lights which are never made for the l&k / vRs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin View Post
@abhinav: thanks for your calculations !! but the 20k is for one light only and that too without the shipping and custom duties so take it approximately for 32k for one with all inclusive and that is the dealer cost not the retail one

@HELLSPAWN : You don't want to spend 8k but you are ready to spend approx 80 k for headlights,nice if you ever purchase a skoda do it for sure.. LoLZ
Yup..if i buy a car for 13lakhs,i will surely spend atleast 40k on the lights.I would rather spend more to get good stuff rather than get crappy stuff and spoil the entire looks and the functionality of the car.
What say??

And if those lights cost 40k,how about the fact that you are modifying stock lights which cost 33k for a pair without bulbs.

Last edited by hellspawn : 13th January 2009 at 01:23.
Old 13th January 2009, 14:14   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
Yup..if i buy a car for 13lakhs,i will surely spend atleast 40k on the lights.I would rather spend more to get good stuff rather than get crappy stuff and spoil the entire looks and the functionality of the car.
What say??

And if those lights cost 40k,how about the fact that you are modifying stock lights which cost 33k for a pair without bulbs.

Because there is a li'l thing known as money!!

i don't know but hows your one statement are always contradicting your other statements

and those aren't 40k lights it will cost you not less than 70k wanna try it ..

Quote:
Abhinav and smokin, what have you guys decided on?
@benbsb: i am towards the three led's one ,will start working on it tomorrow.. what you suggest ?

Last edited by smokin : 13th January 2009 at 14:15.
Old 13th January 2009, 14:44   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@benbsb: i am towards the three led's one ,will start working on it tomorrow.. what you suggest ?
Almost every post in this thread is advising you to lose the LED`s so think about it.
Unless the customer is hell bent upon getting Audi type LED`s in his Car.

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 13th January 2009 at 14:47.
Old 13th January 2009, 14:48   #51
Senior - BHPian

So he is faithless.
The problem is with that only.
Old 13th January 2009, 16:10   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What say??
If one can get almost the same quality at 10k, why spend 40k?

I agree the lights don't look that good, but its primarily due to the LED's. Subtract the LED's and they don't look jugaadoo at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn
Well, fact is that they are NOT modifying stock lights costing 33k. I am led to believe that these are available for 4-5k, if one knows where to look.

Overall, IMHO, this Angel Eyes (w/o LED's) DIY can be done in 10K (including lights purchased at 4-5k) with a very good finish to it. That is pretty darn VFM.
Old 13th January 2009, 16:50   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
WTH, its good to be a little different at times.

Try out the LED arrangement, but the whole line, and not the 3+3 setup. When you get bored, you can always remove the LEDs and stick to the projector setup alone.
Old 13th January 2009, 17:09   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post

I agree the lights don't look that good, but its primarily due to the LED's. Subtract the LED's and they don't look jugaadoo at all.

Well, fact is that they are NOT modifying stock lights costing 33k. I am led to believe that these are available for 4-5k, if one knows where to look.

Overall, IMHO, this Angel Eyes (w/o LED's) DIY can be done in 10K (including lights purchased at 4-5k) with a very good finish to it. That is pretty darn VFM.
If it is up for grabs at 4-5k.
Do give me the location too.

By the way , i think the new design should be much better than the previous ones.

Going to meet Smokin on 16th to see the work and work out some alternatives as well.
Old 13th January 2009, 18:11   #55

Quote:

Its generally my personal opinion!!!
Tell me one thing,if you have an rs will you put 14k prestige rims on it or probably lenso's or some better brand?
Old 13th January 2009, 18:35   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its generally my personal opinion!!!
Tell me one thing,if you have an rs will you put 14k prestige rims on it or probably lenso's or some better brand?
Firstly, since when is Lenso a better brand than HiJoin or Prestige? The point you made above is invalid because even 15" Prestige's cost 15k last time I checked. So the RS sized alloys will be more than that.

But by now I can guess that Gyro probably stocks Lenso's and not Prestige. I wouldn't buy Prestige because I don't like them, not because they are cheaper. When I bought my last wheels (HiJoin for the Getz), at that time Lenso, HR and Prestige were priced same.

Coming back to the lights, why are we assuming that the lights costing 40k are better !!??!! From what I gather, the manufacturer is in NO way related to Skoda. If smokin opens a trading portal called superskodaindia.com and sells these lights, would you buy them at 40k?

Last edited by manveet : 13th January 2009 at 18:40.
Old 13th January 2009, 18:40   #57

Quote:
Firstly, since when is Lenso a better brand than HiJoin or Prestige. The fact is that Prestige Wheels for the RS (17") don't cost 14k but more than that. 15" Prestige's cost 15k last time I checked.

But by now I can guess that Gyro probably stocks Lenso's and not Prestige. I wouldn't buy Prestige because I don't like them, not because they are cheaper. When I bought my last wheels (HiJoin for the Getz), at that time Lenso, HR and Prestige were priced same.

Coming back to the lights, why are we assuming that the lights costing 40k are better !!??!! From what I gather, the manufacturer is in NO way related to Skoda. If smokin opens a trading portal called superskodaindia.com and sells these lights, would you buy them at 40k?
FYI,gyro doesnt stock Lenso's.You are most welcome to come and check.
And i really dont know why you are personally so against the fact that im not in favour of doing jugaad in a car that costs close to 14/15lacs.
Old 13th January 2009, 19:09   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
FYI,gyro doesnt stock Lenso's.You are most welcome to come and check.
I'm sorry, your post on the FB group said you did, now you're saying you don't. I'm confused.

Quoted from the Gyro group on FB ..

GYRO will be dealing in the following brands / products:

>> Image Dynamics
>> Genesis
>> Rainbow
>> Bull Audio
>> Tru Technology
>> Dynaudio
>> Kenwood
>> Alpine
>> JBL
>> Harman/Kardon
>> JVC
>> Kicker
>> Eclipse
>> Dynamat
>> Focal
>> Blaupunkt
>> Philips
>> Iride
>> K&N
>> Pete's
>> Green
>> HR
>> Enkei
>> Momo
>> Stanley
>> Lenso
>> Konig wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn
And i really dont know why you are personally so against the fact that im not in favour of doing jugaad in a car that costs close to 14/15lacs.
Arrey baba, where have I said that one should do jugaad on a 13L car? I am only disagreeing to your statement that 40k lights from superskoda.com are "better" than the one being made by smokin'.

IMO, the lights sold on superskoda.com and the one being made by smokin are equally jugaadoo (or not). Superskoda is simply a trading portal. They purchase from a manufacturer (who could be anybody) and sell it online.

Last edited by manveet : 13th January 2009 at 19:15.
Old 13th January 2009, 21:22   #59
BHPian

thanks manveet ,but of no use people don't understand simple layman language at all.

And FYI ,it's not called jugaad at all it's called retro fitting

and what you expect those civic and swift aftermarket headlights they too are retro fitting ones as they too use products that we are using but they have the dyes and all to do these works which costs in lacs ..

please hellspawn ,if you don't like it please stay out of it ,do not waste others time and thread too..
If you have some personal grudges then have a face to face or through pm ,do not force the person to do something stupid like you do every time on forum(by posting negative only)

Manveet and other members any suggestions on lights?

P.S. : please mods clear the off topic posts .

Last edited by smokin : 13th January 2009 at 21:24.
Old 13th January 2009, 23:55   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Manveet and other members any suggestions on lights?

P.S. : please mods clear the off topic posts .
Change the LED colors it will look good again and Increase the distance between the lights...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks