Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2011, 14:19   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: CAUTION!!! Swift Owners installing Front Windshield Sunfilm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvsatheesh View Post
I've paid 5.5k for this. This was the best price I could get after checking in many shops.
Dont worry, that's a good price. Even I did for the same price 2 years back. And your A/C problem is sorted out now? Or do we still have issues?
Old 11th June 2011, 18:16   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Dont worry, that's a good price. Even I did for the same price 2 years back. And your A/C problem is sorted out now? Or do we still have issues?
Yeh, Auto Shop always offers good price at the start itself thus reducing our bargaining effort and time.

I installed my ICE and leather seat covers from him as soon as my car came out of the showroom around 2 yrs back and I am still happy with it.

I am out of Bangalore in a friend's car for this week end. I will have to check my ac on Monday morning. Keeping fingers crossed
Old 14th June 2011, 13:16   #93
BHPian

Can anyone tell me the advantages of applying it? My local vendor has garware brand.IS 3M brand available with front windshield film?
Old 14th June 2011, 15:50   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvsatheesh View Post
Yeh, Auto Shop always offers good price at the start itself thus reducing our bargaining effort and time.

I installed my ICE and leather seat covers from him as soon as my car came out of the showroom around 2 yrs back and I am still happy with it.

I am out of Bangalore in a friend's car for this week end. I will have to check my ac on Monday morning. Keeping fingers crossed

I went to Auto Shop yesterday as the ac wasn't blowing cool air on Monday as well. After some checking in the near by Car A/C shop, they confirmed that the refregirant/gas lost pressure/leaked. This's nothing to do with water seeping in during sun film installation. May be the gas was leaking for quite sometime and I switched on my ac after installing my sun film and by then all the gas has gone out.

Have lef my car in MASS (Suraksha- opp to Infosys in Electronic City) this morning, they are yet to find of the leak.
Old 14th June 2011, 15:56   #95

Primary advantage being when you tavel in hot day sun light, inspite of your a/c blowing in full speed, the cooling effeciency will be very low especially when the car is fully loaded. Most of this heat enters from the windshield as everyone installs sun films on all other windows but wind shield. Windshield sun film reflects this heat and thus keeps the car cool. a/c efficiency is also increased and journey becomes bit more comfortable.
Old 23rd June 2011, 11:33   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
Water can get into the ECU box. My cousin had to replace the ECU(that went kaput) of his OMNI due to water seepage(the car was guys washed the interiors too).

What would be the approximate cost of the ECU ? Mohaan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks