Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2009, 17:41   #1
BHPian

Repainting options in chennai apart from showroom/dealer

Hi people. My verna (real earth colour) is about 3 months old. I have had 2 "accidents", both times i was stationary. First is a big gash on the front bumper by some bike guy when I had parked, and the other was yesterday at a signal when a M800 guy rammed into my rear bumper. There was a big big dent on it. I took it to the showroom and for the time being he hit the dent back out (its a fibre bumper) and its not too visible. Paint jobs at the showroom cost 4k per bumper which I feel is very much upward. Anywhere in chennai where I can perhaps get a paint job done, which is cheaper, but matches the same real earth colour provided by the factory? Also I want to have the bumper rectified so that may need some tinkering or something. Can someone suggest any place that they know is good in chennai, or should I go ahead and give the car to the dealer itself for repainting?

@mods In case I have posted in the wrong thread please move.
Old 20th January 2009, 09:43   #2
BHPian

this is urgent!

Guys, my dad is expected back soon from abroad and he wont be happy with the incidents that have happened to the car. Need help wit my query as fast as possible. This is urgent!!!
Old 20th January 2009, 10:11   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
Hi people. My verna (real earth colour) is about 3 months old. I have had 2 "accidents", both times i was stationary. First is a big gash on the front bumper by some bike guy when I had parked, and the other was yesterday at a signal when a M800 guy rammed into my rear bumper. There was a big big dent on it. I took it to the showroom and for the time being he hit the dent back out (its a fibre bumper) and its not too visible. Paint jobs at the showroom cost 4k per bumper which I feel is very much upward. Anywhere in chennai where I can perhaps get a paint job done, which is cheaper, but matches the same real earth colour provided by the factory? Also I want to have the bumper rectified so that may need some tinkering or something. Can someone suggest any place that they know is good in chennai, or should I go ahead and give the car to the dealer itself for repainting?

@mods In case I have posted in the wrong thread please move.

there is one paint shop in teynampet, does a very good job at a resonable price contact person Senthil Ph 9884056157
Old 10th February 2009, 23:53   #4
BANNED

Try TVS multi brand workshop at Ambattur.

My friend's NHC got kissed by some metro water freak, leaving dent on rear bumper and rear fender. Sundaram honda gave an estimate for about Rs 45000 !!!!

TVS gave an estimate of 6k, and I was impressed. Today I saw his car after repair, and its perfect.
Old 19th April 2009, 00:16   #5
BHPian

there is a workshop exactly opp to ega theater even before the petrol bunk. it wont be seen so easily, as it is a small passage. it will have an arch like board on top saying the "office of the sub registrar Bla Bla" go inside and take the last right. ask for Mr. Vinod or Mr. Vinay. they might help u..
Old 2nd August 2010, 15:19   #6
BHPian

Back in Bangalore i knew this place near cantonment station where they used to do an awesome job, no over charging. If its just a scratch they themselves will advice you a rubbing, dent removal (job done in 10mins). Only if it is dire necessary do they start talking about a paint job. They were a boon to have around. Really handicapped in chennai without anyone like that. Having a tough time. Can anyone suggest a good neighborhood mechanic shop in and around vadapalani, west mambalam, ashok nagar, KK nagar, Kodampakam, Ekkatuthanagal.
Will thank you for ever if anyone can refer someone worth it. Thanks

Why are people here in chennai trying to rip you on anything, So much of rage in everyone and they are damn rubbing it on me.
Old 2nd August 2010, 15:29   #7
BHPian

Bosch Service Ashok nagar

Hi Visaster

Its funny that you should mention about paint shops in Ashok Nagar. I have a ford Ikon 1.6 nxt and I plan to get the rear door painted. I am planning to give to Bosch Service in Ashok Nagar. They do a good job and they have also been servicing my car for the past 2 years. I would recommend them . Take a look .I will let you know in about 2 weeks on how the paint job came out.

Note from Mod : Thread closed. Please continue with recommendations in the Team-BHP Directory section.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd August 2010 at 12:08. Reason: Adding thread closure note
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks