Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2009, 12:29   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

This heat treatment works well if done skillfully. It might not even require repainting and bumper looks almost as good as new.
Old 2nd June 2009, 13:35   #17
Senior - BHPian

Finally thought of trying these bumper guys out. He came to my place and did the job. Here are some pictures of the work done. Not bad for just 500 bucks

BEFORE

Roadside Bumper repair guys. Has anyone seen or tried them? EDIT : Pics on pg 2-01.jpg

Roadside Bumper repair guys. Has anyone seen or tried them? EDIT : Pics on pg 2-02.jpg

WORK IN PROGRESS

Roadside Bumper repair guys. Has anyone seen or tried them? EDIT : Pics on pg 2-03.jpg

Roadside Bumper repair guys. Has anyone seen or tried them? EDIT : Pics on pg 2-04.jpg

AND AFTER

Roadside Bumper repair guys. Has anyone seen or tried them? EDIT : Pics on pg 2-05.jpg

Roadside Bumper repair guys. Has anyone seen or tried them? EDIT : Pics on pg 2-06.jpg

Roadside Bumper repair guys. Has anyone seen or tried them? EDIT : Pics on pg 2-07.jpg

I am quite impressed with the work. These fellows are worth a try instead of going to workshop who tell you to replace the whole piece and get it painted.

What do you think?
Dippy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2009, 13:59   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Thats worth everything they would have charged and more. Awesome stuff.
Old 2nd June 2009, 14:06   #19
Senior - BHPian

woah, thats a pretty amazing job, how much time did he take? guess a lil rubbing polish should make your bumper look new brand new!
Old 2nd June 2009, 14:07   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hey i need one of these too! Any idea where in Bangalore i can get hold of these people?
Old 2nd June 2009, 14:31   #21
BHPian

I had similar experience, I had a big dent at the back of my zen ( on the hatch ), MASS as quoted 8000rs for door replace. I even asked local mechanic, he too said that to remove the dent he had to scrape my whole back door and then repaint it after removing the dent. I kept on postponing it.
As all of you know that the back door i.e the hatch is complete hard frame.
Then this guy shows up as I was adjusting my back speakers. He said he can remove this dent without causing any damage to the paint for 200 rs. Results are excellent and I am happy with the result. There is absulute no dent at all on my car.
Old 2nd June 2009, 16:35   #22
Senior - BHPian

wow, is this they do something on bumpers only ? once at dhaula kuan petrol pump one of such guy approached me and offered me a solution for a rip off (of the paint) on my car. I wasnt sure and didnt allow him to touch the car for fears of it getting worse. cant use the car as trial and error thingy. Now I think I shud go there again and ask that if can do it (if hes still there)

Last edited by tanwaramit : 2nd June 2009 at 16:37.
Old 2nd June 2009, 16:45   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix View Post
woah, thats a pretty amazing job, how much time did he take? guess a lil rubbing polish should make your bumper look new brand new!
He took a max of 45 minutes to do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
wow, is this they do something on bumpers only ? once at dhaula kuan petrol pump one of such guy approached me and offered me a solution for a rip off (of the paint) on my car. I wasnt sure and didnt allow him to touch the car for fears of it getting worse. cant use the car as trial and error thingy. Now I think I shud go there again and ask that if can do it (if hes still there)
You might want to give the guy a try. Sometimes these small time repair guys do better than the workshop. I was quoted between 3.5 to 4k for this very job at an independent workshop and here I do it at 500 rupees.
Old 2nd June 2009, 16:49   #24
BHPian

My two cents

The story
my car was rearended by a zen close to the def-col market in delhi. I didnt fight, didnt argue, he apologised and I went to the lunch I was going to albeit with a bumper which was broken in three places and was almost dragging on the road.

The fix
Post lunch drove back to the local mechanic close to my place who heated and "soldered" the bumper together using scrap plastic and rubber. no visible scratches, no one could have said this car was rear ended!

The Damage
100 bucks,
yup you read it right a measly 100 bucks!
Old 2nd June 2009, 17:32   #25
BHPian

I have berry red i20.
Somebody scraped the back bumper when my car was in parking (still searching for that guy... )

The show room guys are asking 2500 for getting the entire bumper painted. One Hyundai authorised service centre is asking 1500 for a section paint job. And local painter is asking 1000 for entire bumper, located at palika bhavan, new delhi (thay have computer based colour matching).

My question is if I get a section painted, will it match, the colour being metallic? (The guys say that entire bumper has to be repainted as it is difficult to get metallic colours matched.) How trustworthy are these local painter chaps as regards quality of work? I don't want a glarngly obvious repair work.
Old 2nd June 2009, 17:55   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvarunagarwal View Post
I have berry red i20.
Somebody scraped the back bumper when my car was in parking (still searching for that guy... )

The show room guys are asking 2500 for getting the entire bumper painted. One Hyundai authorised service centre is asking 1500 for a section paint job. And local painter is asking 1000 for entire bumper, located at palika bhavan, new delhi (thay have computer based colour matching).

My question is if I get a section painted, will it match, the colour being metallic? (The guys say that entire bumper has to be repainted as it is difficult to get metallic colours matched.) How trustworthy are these local painter chaps as regards quality of work? I don't want a glarngly obvious repair work.
Hi Varun
Well, my Santro Xing XO (Real Earth color, the golden one) met with an accident and the fender and the bumper had to be changed (required under insurance). The car was given to MGF Hyundai, Okhla.

The reason why I mentioned XO is all because Hyundai Santro's (GL & GLS) now have a lighter shade of Real Earth than what XO and other X_ series had.

MGF guys painted the fender and the bumper in the lighter shade, which according to them was because the paint is new. On comparing the same with new Santro (GL & GLS), I found the problem and registered a complaint. On showing them the car, they admitted the mistake without any fuss and added that there are 10 shades in Real Earth. The bumper and fender were repainted free of cost and now I'm fine with it even though a very slight difference is still there. Talking in terms of paint quality, I find it excellent and the earlier shade was on the car for 1.5 months with no sign of wearing.

No idea about other Hyundai centers in Delhi, but MGF guy prepared the shade manually in front of the car checking the shade with the car's actual colour.

Majority of local guys paint in the open and their quality has never been what the company center can give even if they use the best of paints, with certain exceptions such as Pandit & Co. in Okhla, whose quality has been well recognized in many discussions on Team BHP.

With an average local painter, initially you'll be happy that you saved major bucks but with time, the shine fades away. Moreover, please provide the details of the painter in Palika Bhavan using computer to match the colour for future references.
Old 2nd June 2009, 17:58   #27
Senior - BHPian

Amazing replacement of bumper by a roadside guy.But 500rs is slightly costly for a odd man job
hillram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2009, 18:01   #28
Senior - BHPian

A pretty neat job, Dippy. I was very wary of giving it to them. Looks like they know their business. Did they heat up the bumper or did they use any fire at all ?
Old 2nd June 2009, 19:36   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Amazing replacement of bumper by a roadside guy.But 500rs is slightly costly for a odd man job
Compare it to 3.5k being asked elsewhere, I think I got a good deal
Old 2nd June 2009, 19:39   #30
BHPian

Rs. 500 !! .maybe coz its Mumbai.I get similar jobs done here in delhi for around 100 bucks max.But anywayz they visited your place and did a great job.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks