Team-BHP - Traditional Car Mechs in Kerala AKA "Aashaan"
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Traditional Car Mechs in Kerala AKA "Aashaan" (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/52605-traditional-car-mechs-kerala-aka-aashaan.html)

There are bucket loads of them over here,many are traditional blacksmiths who later became car mechanic.Some of them are good,some are quacks,but some guys like this are living legends,they do unbelievable jobs without any proper tools,training or even electricity,because they have been at this job for the past 40 or 50 years but the out come is mind bogglingly good,they also take too much time because of the archaic tools they use(mostly made themselves). I'll just give you guys a break with the Lecture and let the Pics do the talking.

Sorry for the Poor picture quality taken with my MotoROKER :mad: , will get better pictures when vivekji05's free to come around.

This SUV is based on a Jeep SWB Chassis, the body have been entirely made from the scratch ,but the jeep will be running with a Matador Engine.
Traditional Car Mechs in Kerala AKA "Aashaan"-jeep.jpg
Traditional Car Mechs in Kerala AKA "Aashaan"-jeep3.jpg
Traditional Car Mechs in Kerala AKA "Aashaan"-jeep4.jpg
Traditional Car Mechs in Kerala AKA "Aashaan"-jeep5.jpg
Traditional Car Mechs in Kerala AKA "Aashaan"-jeep6.jpg
This one is a Vintage AJS which is being fitted with a Maruti Alternator due to inavilability of spares.
Traditional Car Mechs in Kerala AKA "Aashaan"-0122_150624.jpg
Traditional Car Mechs in Kerala AKA "Aashaan"-0122_150920.jpg
And that is the Aashan going wild with his hammer.
Traditional Car Mechs in Kerala AKA "Aashaan"-aashan.jpg

Everybody is welcome to share their pictures of such Juggads carried out by similar Aashans

This is an interesting thread dude...!

Yesterday I came to know about an old mech aka "Ashan" who is based in Trichur. Does amazing mod jobs... and heard he is an expert in Power steering fitment on old cars! One of my friend met him last day to do PS on his Gypsy! Latest news is that the PS'd Gypsy will roll out on next saturday!!!

Tho off topic, I met a similar mech in Bangalore where Vijay (prabhuav) does works on his Fiat! That chap is like 'Ultimate' mech I have met till date!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikkibike (Post 1148231)
Yesterday I came to know about an old mech aka "Ashan" who is based in Trichur. Does amazing mod jobs... and heard he is an expert in Power steering fitment on old cars! One of my friend met him last day to do PS on his Gypsy! Latest news is that the PS'd Gypsy will roll out on next saturday!!!

Same thing was happening in this workshop when i went there 2 days back, a Gypsy was being fitted a Tata Estate PS.

Dude , the biggest asset that these ashans have is that they are in complete harmony with steel and fire, having both in their DNA. This gives the amazing abilities both in the mechanical and sheet metal aspects of the cars. Similar skills exist in coimbatore too and there you have the advantage of modern tools .

What a thread. It is a classic that is getting built over there although it looks slightly disproportionate due to the short wheel base. If that Aashan had the potential, we could see something like the Jayaram GT in our hometown.

I would come around any time to click some pics, but honestly Muneem, the picture quality is not that poor.

Slightly off topic, but personally, I would like to a convertible that is longer and more in tune with the classic lines of the MG.

Traditional Car Mechs in Kerala AKA "Aashaan"-untitled1-copy.jpg

Excuse if the PS creation looks unfinished.

Nice thread muneem,These guys are just an amazing breed. They don't have any of the fancy tools of the newer boys, but nothing can match their natural instincts and the work that they do. There are several of them whom i've met during my garage hunting escapades. will post some pix and stories soon.

Btw, where is this car that you've posted being made??

That ride is being made at North Paravoor home to famous Bhpians muneemmk & vivekji05 :D