Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2009, 00:15   #1
BHPian

Roof Antenna for my Chevy Spark

Hello members,

Recently bought the Chevy Spark with option pack in December 2008 and pretty exited with it. Now GM has quietly removed the roof mounted antenna and the under seat storage (co-driver side) which used to come as standard features in the car. After ICE'ing my spark, the installer told me that the internal wiring and bracket where the roof antenna is fixed is absent!
Subsequently spoke to the dealership where the car was purchased- they told to fix an internal one- didn't want to go ahead with that. I am pretty aware of the limitations of the internal antenna, because I had it in my Indica.

Now even if I get an after market antenna- can't fix it in the car- due to no bracket where it can be bolted.
Called up another chevy dealer- the accessories guy told that he has ordered the entire kit from the company and that the cost is 1700 bucks.

Apart from this option, is there any other way I can fix a roof antenna? I don't want those antenna's with those double sided tape etc.
Thanks
Sudipt
Old 30th January 2009, 11:23   #2
BANNED

If you don't want antenna with double sided tape then there is no other option than to buy for Rs.1700 !
Old 2nd February 2009, 10:22   #3
BHPian

An OEM supplier(make) to GM for their radio antenna's would help.
Old 4th April 2009, 23:52   #4
BHPian

I am going to buy a Spark LS. Should i be concerned about the antenna since I intend to get FM radio in my car stereo system?
Old 21st October 2013, 12:40   #5
BANNED

Re: Roof Antenna for my Chevy Spark

~bump~

Can anyone give me online link from where i can buy chevy spark roof antenna(longer one?)

The one in my car broke in half and unfortunately chevy spark antenna is not available from any car accessories shops in my city.
Old 4th December 2013, 17:46   #6
BHPian

I got it from a dealership in Mumbai- just check with another GM dealer- I think it costed around 500 bucks. Happy hunting
Old 5th December 2013, 17:57   #7
Senior - BHPian

Try Swift antenna, it is easily available and will work, had the same issue with my Beat also, then purchased and fitted a Swift antenna.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks