Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2011, 07:17   #286
Senior - BHPian

Re: Contessa Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjeevkanjoor View Post
I made a new set of 16" rims for my conti in Coimbatore recently. It's not that costly!

Please share the contact details of the rim maker. it would be of great help for us.
Old 23rd September 2011, 09:21   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukundmenon View Post
I thought about it and bigger alloys/rims [used BMW ones] seem to be a good alternative, but they are rare and not to mention costly! so i thought of experimenting with spacers since they are removable.
You can go for Auto runners to stiffen the coil springs, a 1.5 inch should be sufficient. It not only increases your car height, reduces body role, bounciness etc on full load. And its easy to put in and out. costs 4300 bucks for set of 4.
Old 23rd September 2011, 10:05   #288
BHPian

Guys,
Sorry for Off Topic.
Even US President Obama's Car has this issue - ramp angle issues.
Try searching for "USA President Car Struck in Embassy Gate" in YouTube and you will find lot of videos.

Sudhindra, Have you tried the Auto runners ? if yes, pls post pics, with your drive feedback. 4300/- seems a bit on the higher side. can we not use bigger spacers in the spring mounts ? miyer was suggesting bigger coil spring upper spacers - to stiffen as well as increase height of the car. consult with him, as he had supplied me 2 sets varied heights of those, for my rear springs, but i have not used them till now.

Another bit of DIY, i changed my shocks to stallion make (USA) for the front and rear. the earlier sagging of the car disappeared, car is a little stiff now, less roll on the turns, but overall a bit stiffer ride also. the shocks are heavy duty type - i dunno if its for a diesel car. (mine is petrol). i have seen clear increase in the rear ride height, after new shocks - earlier the conti used to be flat, now tail raised a bit, a few cms in height. car looks a liitle raised in the rear after all 4 shocks replacement. if you change both shocks and spring bushes, you can control the bouncy effect IMHO.

Best Regards.
Old 23rd September 2011, 12:44   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Progamersparsh View Post
How did u make a new " set " of rims?? Any details will be greatly helpful..Thanks in advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
Please share the contact details of the rim maker. it would be of great help for us.
I had send you a PM with all the details.
Old 23rd September 2011, 13:15   #290
BHPian

thx guys for all the inputs.I would be going for new spring bushes and stick with spacers for now. If the ride becomes too unsettled then i may go for new shocks as suggested by Shekaran.

Also another doubt regd painting- Say i paint my car Matte black now, after one year if the paint starts to fade , would i be able to paint another (metallic) shade over it without starting over (like putty work).Also is primer and Matt black paint the same deal or do we get high quality matt paints similiar to DuPont HotRod Black here in India ??

a Pontiac GTO with a sick matte black paint job!

Contessa Classic-matt_o-rez.jpg
Old 25th September 2011, 18:23   #291
BHPian

Dear Friends,

I would like your help in getting a diesel engine, power steering for my constessa classic. it is a beauty that has lasted over 22 years and done more than 4 lakh kilometeres.

the car is in hyderabad now, but i could bring the car to any placed within south India to get the engine and the power steering kit fitted.

could you let me know the price point for this also.

could you please let me know about the place or mechanic whou could help with that.

thank you

Aries
Old 3rd October 2011, 13:45   #292
BANNED

Thats my ride with 2.4L 4FG1 Diesel Isuzu and 16" Alloys
Attached Thumbnails
Contessa Classic-image0033.jpg  

Contessa Classic-image0028.jpg  

The King is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2011, 15:24   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The King View Post
Thats my ride with 2.4L 4FG1 Diesel Isuzu and 16" Alloys
Nice car!.What's the tyre size? Did you do any modification for the wheel arches and suspension?
Old 4th October 2011, 15:29   #294
Senior - BHPian

The Alloys have given a nice racer look to the Contessa.Can you post some interior and engine bay pics please?
Old 5th October 2011, 21:14   #295
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjeevkanjoor View Post
Nice car!.What's the tyre size? Did you do any modification for the wheel arches and suspension?

Thanxz,

Tyre size 215/55R16 V2 From Nankang. No mods to wheel arches only suspension has been lifted by 1.5 inches.
The King is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2011, 11:31   #296

Guys. need one help urgently. searching for alloys for my contessa. can be 13" or 15". Please suggest where can I get my hands on them? If I install 15", whether it would require any modifications to the wheel wells or suspension height?
Old 7th October 2011, 12:57   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate View Post
Guys. need one help urgently. searching for alloys for my contessa. can be 13" or 15". Please suggest where can I get my hands on them? If I install 15", whether it would require any modifications to the wheel wells or suspension height?
I installed 15" alloy wheels and 195/50/R15 tyres on my conti without any modification for the suspension or wheel arches and it's working fine without any problems.
Old 10th October 2011, 01:44   #298

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjeevkanjoor

I installed 15" alloy wheels and 195/50/R15 tyres on my conti without any modification for the suspension or wheel arches and it's working fine without any problems.
Hi sanjeev.. Canu throw some light on which alloys did u use, their pcd and where can I get them from?
Old 20th October 2011, 16:49   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries_mavrick View Post
Hi Abhijeet,

how did you figure out if the engine was good or bad?

any tips for the Power Steering?

Regards
Aries
Hi Aries,

I am sorry for replying after a long time. I asked the seller to start the engine for me. Even though the exhaust was not attached, I found a very even roar from the engine. I mean it was smooth. So took the risk.
I would take this opportunity to warn all the newbies going to buy a used engine to actually start and check the engine, since somebody from my area recently bought an engine without actually testing it. When it didnot crank, it was opened to find out that 1-2 connecting rods were bent.
Also when it comes to power steering, please ask for the bracket on which the rack is installed. This is because in non-powersteered contessas, the rack is installed directly on the chassis pillar, where as the power steered rack requires a special bracket. A dear friend made the bracket available for me later. Learnt from my mistakes so thought of warning those who are planning to go for it.

Abhijeet.
Old 21st October 2011, 01:50   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijosh View Post
Guys,
Just a quick update. Bought Isuzu 4FC1 yesterday, put it in my jeep (ise kehte hai gadi (jeep) ki vasuli), and has already reached the mech's place.
Moreover there is a used power steering kit priced at 6K. The kit includes the rack, pump, reservoir and the tubing. Shall I go for the same? Will keep you updated as and when I crank the car now. Cant wait for it any more.

With Best Regards,
Abhijeet.
Abhijeet - a bit OT - Can you tell me where from in Pune did you source this engine? Also where are you located in Pune? We can meet up to discuss.
I cant PM you, so writing here. Let me know your email address and we can discuss over email as well.

Regards,
Kaustubh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks