Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2011, 16:55   #301
BHPian

Re: Contessa Classic

Hi Kaustubh,

I sourced the engine from Mumbai. We can definitely meet. My no. is 9822253800. I stay at Sinhgad road. Are you also a conti owner?

Regards,
Abhijeet.
Old 5th November 2011, 23:28   #302
BHPian

Guys...I am not impressed with the brakes on the Conti , they are soft and lack the bite found in new gen cars like my xing.my idea is to put in a bigger booster with a suitable vacuum pump (like from a qualis or a tavera). Will this work? I had changed the pads, fluid and all. I happened to see the big booster in a qualis and that set me thinking
Old 6th November 2011, 02:44   #303
BHPian

boosters dont effect the braking ability of a vehicle, they just reduce the effort applied by you. the bite which you probably are talking about could just a false sense of effectiveness in your xing's breaks since most modern brakes are kind of grabby. yes this effect is a result of a stronger booster.

if you think the brake isnt effective , as in the distance taken is too long, then get your slave cylinders in the rear wheels checked for jamming. slave cylinders in drum brakes are prone to jamming in all old car.both my esteem and 800 have had this problem. never checked the conti. while driving its almost impossible to tell when the pistons are jammed cuz the braking just becomes realatively ineffective, not alaringly so and stability under braking is also not reduced by much. just when you stomp on the pedal hard in an emergency, you tend to lock the front wheels easily.

if the piston is jammed then it can be fixed. dont be tempted to go around looking for replacements. no matter what the mechanic says.

an easy way for you to check is to lift the rear wheels one by one and ask someone to apply the brakes while you use all your force to try and turn the wheel.
Old 6th November 2011, 13:40   #304
BHPian

Hey Everybody.
As my profile name suggests, i am a real big fan of Contessa and dream to own one very soon. Living in Mumbai, i did look for a few dealers and invidual sellers who are willing to give away their Contessa. I am able to get it close to 70k, the diesel 2.0 isuzu engine and i plan on modifying it a little, my budget being around double than the cost of the car im getting it for.

Frankly speaking, i have NO idea about how i should get along with the modification, i.e. where to get it done from, what all are necessary to make it into a decent looking hot-rod on the streets. More than the looks, i intend to tune up the engine, having more torque and pick-up.
If anybody could be kind enough to help me out on the following, my gratitude would reach no bounds.
Old 12th November 2011, 15:19   #305
BHPian

Wanted to add adapter spacers to my conty converting the PCD from 120.5 to 160. Spacer thickness between 1" - 2.5" . Can anybody advice if its a good idea or not?
Old 13th November 2011, 22:48   #306

I have been watching this video for almost a week now. Just cant get this scene out of my head. Has anyone here seen this conti before ?? I think I saw the same one in a Conti Club youtube video also.

Old 14th November 2011, 02:01   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by regnex View Post
Wanted to add adapter spacers to my conty converting the PCD from 120.5 to 160. Spacer thickness between 1" - 2.5" . Can anybody advice if its a good idea or not?
any sort of adapters are best avoided unless your wheels offset compensates for it since it can lead to bending forces on the halfshafts putting them out of alignment(due to bending) and creating vibrations(this is for the rear wheels)
plus the bearings can fail on any of the four wheels.

and even when you get alloys always try and make sure the wheel offset doesnt change
Old 13th February 2012, 13:33   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The King View Post
Thats my ride with 2.4L 4FG1 Diesel Isuzu and 16" Alloys
Hiya, can you give us some more info on the tyres and the rims.

Thanks in advance

G
Old 13th February 2012, 13:35   #309

dis is my diesel conti...

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/sear.../?listing_type[equal]=GadgetsElectronics&action=search&ElectronicsTypeM anufacturer[tree][0]=1636
Attached Thumbnails
Contessa Classic-422401_10150520137916824_505636823_9066266_1173442191_n.jpg  

Contessa Classic-395681_10150497141496824_505636823_9001978_1071065143_n.jpg  

Old 13th February 2012, 19:32   #310

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...Contessa.html/
Old 24th February 2012, 22:36   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurav9422 View Post
dis is my diesel conti...
Very good work with the mesh grille. Reminds me of Vin Diesel's Dodge Charger from the Fast&Furious series. Please post more pics and share the specs too.
Old 29th February 2012, 09:06   #312
BHPian

Hi, I've gone a little ahead and added spacers to my car 1.5in as well as scorpio tyres. the car feels good but I'm still observing. Haven't driven at high speeds yet.
there's a slight problem with the rear wheel grinding on the arc area although I've shaved an inch, i could hammer it more in but i would seek advice from any of you how to add a little height to the rear suspension. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Contessa Classic-20120228016_2012022822291085.jpg  

Old 5th April 2012, 20:26   #313
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, need help here.
Am looking for a Contessa ('97 model onwards) for about 50-80k.
but right here in Thiruvananthapuram it's very hard to get one and all the examples are 1lac and above. The used car guys are saying that demand has gone up, and that you can't find a good one below a lac.
Find it hard to believe as all the Contis discussed here are bought for 45-60k and not everyone buys it.
Or has it gone the "JEEP" way and has gained value for popularity among the youths?
Old 8th May 2012, 21:42   #314
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

Finally, after a long search and perseverance I have found a beautiful Conti which I am sure, had been waiting for me. Before I take you all through the pictures, let me brief you as to how it all happened.
I had seen this car about two months back at a garage near my house and, it was parked there unattended for many days. When I spoke to the garage owner he could not confirm immediately whether it was for sale or not. A few days past by and he informed me that it was indeed for sale as the owner of the car is abroad. In the meantime, the garage owner also informed me that many people had inquired about the car with him as it was a real sight and hard to ignore its presence there.
Somehow I got through to the person who was in-charge of the car and established contact with the owner of the car. The negotiations started and in the process I learnt that he (the owner) has lovingly restored the car and shares a huge amount of sentimental value with it and, actually it is visible when one sees the car. In his absence the car was not being used and small issues have come up due to lack of running. The same is being attended to at the garage and I am amidst the ownership transfer process.

During the test drive, though she behaved very well, except that the pick-up of the car was slow. The reason could probably be the bigger 15" alloy wheels with 195/60 R15 Michelin Primacy LC and unchanged final drive ratios. (this is purely my opinion as technically I am not sound at all).
She is a 1996 model car with a 2.0L Isuzu Diesel Mill, having A.C, power steering and remote central locking but, does not have power windows. As expected, the car needs a fuel float, which does not work and I am sure it will give me a hard time to source one. Electricals like tail lamps, brake lights do not work either. I would require guidance and help from Conti Veterans in sourcing/ repairing these parts.

I have paid well over my budget to own her (probably I will not discuss the price part at this moment) as it was the Conti Bug that bit me this time and my Jeep Rattler watched in jealousy as she came home and drew all the due attention from the neighborhood. She is a metallic Deep Blue colored car and needs a good bath and a good polishing immediately.

I will come back with my driving experience once I get all the documents in hand.

P.S: This car ad had appeared on a few Web sites like the OLX etc, during our negotiations.

Over to pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Contessa Classic-dscn0437.jpg  

Contessa Classic-dscn0438.jpg  

Contessa Classic-dscn0439.jpg  

Contessa Classic-dscn0440.jpg  

Contessa Classic-dscn0441.jpg  

Contessa Classic-dscn0442.jpg  

Contessa Classic-dscn0443.jpg  

Contessa Classic-dscn0446.jpg  

Contessa Classic-dscn0447.jpg  

Contessa Classic-dscn0448.jpg  

Rattler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2012, 11:00   #315
BHPian

@ Rattler: that' one good looking Contessa. Save for the steering wheel that looks out of place, the car is just perfect!

I hope you manage to get the power issue sorted out and enjoy driving her.

Most Viewed