Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2010, 00:26   #76
BHPian

guys someone on a facebook group on the contessa is selling a set of metal bumpers for the conti for 1500. anyone interested , ill patch you through. just be quick
Old 11th April 2010, 23:00   #77
Senior - BHPian

Guys, finally got my dream vehicle.
I give you my 1997 Contessa 2.0L izuzu. Installed an aftermarket power-steering. Still, there are some niggling issues, for which, i ll bug each and every one in team-bhp who can get their hands on conti spare parts.

Here are some pics:

Contessa Classic-cont.jpg
Contessa Classic-cont2.jpg
Contessa Classic-cont3.jpg
Contessa Classic-cont4.jpg
badboyscad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2010, 00:49   #78
BHPian

congrats man beautiful example of a conti you have found. hopefully ill soon find one for myself. keep her well, though after a while with the diesel you might want to do something about power. thats a common grouse conti diesel owners have. but anway well cross the bridge when we reach it. hope that never during your life this car has to see the chisel of the scrap wallah
Old 12th April 2010, 12:29   #79
BHPian

thats a fantastic conty you have got man. How much you paid for this?
write some reviews about your conty..
Old 12th April 2010, 19:05   #80
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Congrats Badboyscad, that looks like a stunning example. The previous owner has sure kept her well. It's got so much more character than the modern machinery on our roads today; your last picture demonstrates just that

However, I can't help but think why an enthusiast like yourself didn't buy one with the 1.8 ISZ petrol? I still love that engine and insist its one of the Conty's most redeeming qualities.
Old 12th April 2010, 19:21   #81
Senior - BHPian

congratulatioon badboyscad

very neat example you have and as for the spare PM me
Old 12th April 2010, 19:40   #82
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycarhasablower View Post
hope that never during your life this car has to see the chisel of the scrap wallah
Sure thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudhindra View Post
How much you paid for this?
write some reviews about your conty..
Got it for 35k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
However, I can't help but think why an enthusiast like yourself didn't buy one with the 1.8 ISZ petrol?
Well,im planning to make it as one of my daily drive cars(in chennai's bumper to bumper traffic), so mileage is one of the priorities. And, this car will undergo a heart(probably the 2.4L) transplant in the near future according to inflow of funds.

I also have my eyes on a petrol conti which belongs to family friend and is lying idle somewhere in hyd. Right now, i cant bring it home due to lack of parking space.More over that petrol conti needs some restoration. Since im running low on moolah, the petrol conti acquisition is on hold for now/

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
congratulatioon badboyscad

very neat example you have and as for the spare PM me
Will do, once i make a list.

Last edited by badboyscad : 12th April 2010 at 19:42.
Old 12th April 2010, 22:36   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
Got it for 35k.
wow , for that conti, that is quite a cool price.And btw those bumpers look very different from the ones i have seen on contis. are those metal bumpers??

Last edited by mycarhasablower : 12th April 2010 at 22:38.
Old 13th April 2010, 09:37   #84
BHPian

Well, One of my friend was willing to buy a neatly maintained conty. So had been to mangalore on April 8th & 9th in search of it. This conty was good except for few minor works. Did a deal and drove it all the way down to bangalore. It behaved well and was sturdy throughout the journey. Its 1.8GL with gas kit fitted but without any cylinder.
Before buying it out, we replaced the battery as i didnt trust its life.
Work done so far:
1) Replace front suspension bushes.
2) Replace lower arm and upper arm ball joint
3) Replace end points along with terror rods.
4) Replace shocks bushes
5) Replace silencer bushes.
6) Replace Battery.

Pending work
1) Concentrate on engine performance by tuning, flushing and replacing oils. For this will be done by Miyer as he is the best when it comes to work on engine.
2) Replace all the bleedings.
3) Brakes.
4) Minor dent work on the bonnet.
5) Replace bumpers with chrome.
6) Anti rust coating(as the car was in mangalore known for high humidity and salt content in air.
7) Improve interiors.

The good thing is about the documents, no hassels in getting transfered.
Attached Thumbnails
Contessa Classic-img_0430.jpg  

Contessa Classic-img_0431.jpg  

Contessa Classic-img_0433.jpg  

Contessa Classic-img_0434.jpg  

Contessa Classic-img_0436.jpg  

Sudhindra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2010, 17:50   #85
BHPian

[COLOR=#3b5998]http://www.facebook.com/pa[/COLOR]ges/Contessa/180072557556?v=photos&ref=nf#!/album.php?aid=126365&id=180072557556

the guy who owns the car in these pics is selling his bumpers(chrome ones) you might wanna check em out if you have trouble finding new ones. hes in bangalore

and congrats to your friend man. its high time we started a conti club. hope i find one for myself....soon.

@badboyscad. considering the price for which a conti goes these days i think i should urge you to make sure that your family friends conti isnt scrapped either. if they decide to scrap it at anytime, put an ad in the classifieds section. am sure someone will save it that is if you cant. man i hate the supreme court for passing that order that prevents outstation old cars from being re-registered in delhi:(

Last edited by mycarhasablower : 13th April 2010 at 17:56.
Old 13th April 2010, 18:09   #86
h14
BHPian

ours is a 1990...

Hi all. Some pictures of our Contessa...

Its a 1990 model now powered by the ISUZU G1 Turbo.

Old 13th April 2010, 21:03   #87
BHPian

[quote=mycarhasablower;1836424][COLOR=#3b5998]http://www.facebook.com/pa[/COLOR]ges/Contessa/180072557556?v=photos&ref=nf#!/album.php?aid=126365&id=180072557556

the guy who owns the car in these pics is selling his bumpers(chrome ones) you might wanna check em out if you have trouble finding new ones. hes in bangalore

and congrats to your friend man. its high time we started a conti club. hope i find one for myself....soon.
================================================== ===

I dont need as i have a extra spare.. just need to be chromed once.
Sure, we can start a conti club. I already have met some guys from here like MIYER who is very helpfull in matters related to this car, be it technical issues, spares. lucky to have him.

Of topic, if you need one and interested, let me find it out for you.

h14; thats a fine looking car
Old 13th April 2010, 22:47   #88
Senior - BHPian

Badboy love your conti keep her stock at best nice period alloys with balloon/broad tyres and any other creature comforts i.e Sebering/Serbing door mirrors etc etc but don't tamper with the clean body and trim
Old 14th April 2010, 00:03   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudhindra View Post
ahh thats really nice of you man, but you see there is a problem. As i may have mentioned elsewhere , thanks to the wretched supreme court of india cars from other states that (now, since april 2010) dont conform to euro 4(basically the current emission norms) cant be re-registered in delhi or ncr. so any car i buy from another state cant be transferred in my name, since i reside in delhi. this isnt the case in any part of india though also unlike most of india , the cops dont bug people if your car is registered in another state.

so if you know of a petrol car with a delhi license plate, do let me know.
you cant imagine how hard it is to find a conti up here in delhi. the few people left with contis dont wanna sell. since space is at a premium here people dont keep contis for a minute longer than necessary, unlike fiats ,ne118's, 800s etc. so the ubundant contis at the scrap dealer phase is also long over in delhi.

the situation is so grim that i have been looking for a conti regardless of the condition and even then no sucess. there arent even scrap contis up for grabs. i guess you get the sorry picture and now understand why we need a conti club urgently to save the remaining contis and to bring the sellers and those who want these cars together so that only people who buy contis are conti lovers not scrap wallas
Old 14th April 2010, 08:52   #90
BHPian

[quote=Sudhindra;1836769]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycarhasablower View Post
[COLOR=#3b5998]http://www.facebook.com/pa[/COLOR]ges/Contessa/180072557556?v=photos&ref=nf#!/album.php?aid=126365&id=180072557556

================================================== ===

I dont need as i have a extra spare.. just need to be chromed once.
Sure, we can start a conti club. I already have met some guys from here like MIYER who is very helpfull in matters related to this car, be it technical issues, spares. lucky to have him.

h14; thats a fine looking car
Thanks Sud!!! Will be of any help possible from my side. It’s a good idea to get some informal Conti owners group going. Can you prepare a database of the ones at least in Bangalore so that we can start meeting and extend help if needed to start with.
Cheers,
M Iyer

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks