Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2009, 11:40   #1
Senior - BHPian

body stickers/decals for Safari to cover up small dents

hi Folks,

My safari suffered a small shunt a couple of days back, and this has left it with a few scratches and an ugly gash below the ORVM on the LHS passenger door.

while the scratches will be taken care of by some rubbing compund, the gash (2 or 3 streaks of deep indentation in the sheet metal about 2 inches long) are such that they will not go away with denting.

So I am thinking of a quick fix solution- covering the area with some graphics/decals. the earlier TCIC safari came with some decals but they are no longer available with TML.

can anyone suggest me a good place in Hyd where I can get hold of some tasteful graphics/stickers- I do not want anything flashy.

Also, can anyone suggest on the longevity and durability of these stickers. I do not want to go in for them if they start peeling off after a few months,

Thanks

Himanshu

Last edited by himanshugoswami : 6th February 2009 at 11:46.
Old 6th February 2009, 11:43   #2
Team-BHP Support

Himanshu, why don't you try the Com-Paint Touchup Spray Paint, aerosol spray paint, supplier of spray paint,spray, spray paint, touchup, touch-up, aerosol spray paint manufacturers, spray paint,Touchup, Touch-up Spray, Spray Bottle, aerosol spray paint manufacturer, com-paint manuf

There is a thread dedicated to it as well.

Don't you just hate it if the person who dents your car is known to you (directly or indirectly) and that prevents a complete release of anger.
Old 6th February 2009, 11:45   #3
Senior - BHPian

Imran, the touch up spray will only take care of the paint- it is the small but deep dents that I find very annoying and hate to look at tehm when I am walking up to the car in the morning.

I checked with a couple of garages and they have advised against a denting job. hence the thought about the stickers and a quick fix solution.
Old 7th February 2009, 13:34   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Imran, the touch up spray will only take care of the paint- it is the small but deep dents that I find very annoying and hate to look at tehm when I am walking up to the car in the morning.

I checked with a couple of garages and they have advised against a denting job. hence the thought about the stickers and a quick fix solution.

Based on your description the dent doesnt seem much, but the scratch is deep, I can give you a quick-fix with a small DIY (if you are willing) and then you can touch up using com-paint.

Please post a picture from lets say 4-5 ft distance for a better understanding on the scratch.

But you need to be willing for a DIY.

Com-paint thread is here

Last edited by dadu : 7th February 2009 at 13:38.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks