Old 4th January 2009, 11:46   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
yup, jk's safari really has gotten the red carpet treatment
The debate continues...
Old 4th January 2009, 16:36   #18
BANNED

One can have best of both World's, keep fabric mats on the carpet & over them keep the transparent rubber/nylon/synthetic mats. This will give the look of fabric, as underneath mats would be visible & save the mats from spoiling.
Old 24th August 2009, 14:23   #19
BHPian

Skoda Superb rubber floor mats

Anybody know where I can get Skoda Superb (2009) Rubber floor mats.
Ideally in Chennai.

The dealer doesnt seem to have them and the universal rubber mats available in the market do not fit the driver side.

/sanjay
Old 26th August 2009, 05:12   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by san9jay View Post
Anybody know where I can get Skoda Superb (2009) Rubber floor mats.
Ideally in Chennai.

The dealer doesnt seem to have them and the universal rubber mats available in the market do not fit the driver side.

/sanjay
try buying it online from ebay(usa) or ebay (uk) over here skoda doesnt sell floor mats like they do in other countries..
Old 26th August 2009, 11:04   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berj79 View Post
try buying it online from ebay(usa) or ebay (uk) over here skoda doesnt sell floor mats like they do in other countries..
Strange: the skoda india website even quotes a part number and price for the rubber mats but the dealer doesnt seem to know anything about it.

This is the link to the skoda accessories website

/sanjay
Old 28th August 2009, 12:50   #22
BHPian

My car has fabric mats. They become dirty and are a pain during rainy season.It is difficult to remove the stains and dirt from fabric.The only advantage of fabric mats over rubber mats is looks and they are less slippery.Else rubber mats are the best.
Old 31st August 2009, 11:20   #23
BHPian

I finally stopped at a carpet store that sells outdoor mats. They have a synthetic product that looks like a coir mat but is made of rubber. It comes in different colors and I got it cut to match the original skoda superb mats.

So far have been very happy with the mats. They do not slip and are rough enough, are washable and the coir like structure captures all the dust.

/sanjay
Old 6th October 2010, 18:20   #24
BHPian

Kagu Mats

Has anyone used Kagu Mats - these are molded floor mats for cars. Obviously they are car and model specific as they sit hugging the contours of the floor well. They are sold by Hot Tracks out of Bangalore. They are expensive - when I called them they said that a set for my car will be Rs.8000.Would like to hear from users about the finish and durability adn if they worth the money. Rgds

Last edited by Jaggu : 6th October 2010 at 19:02. Reason: Please use Search and continue in an existing thread, Thanks
Old 6th October 2010, 19:06   #25
Team-BHP Support

I think i know what you are talking about, i was offered them when i went there to fix a pair of horns. The made for swift ones were 4000 IIRC. 8000 is a ridiculous price, for that matter even 4000 is. You can get the similar contoured ones (universal) in rubber/pvc for about 600-700 bucks elsewhere, so why bother.

They did look good, almost OE kinda finish (swift was black) and they claimed these are washable also. Shape is same as that of the floor well, so it fits snug and since the sides are contoured the muck shouldn't spill out, as long as one keeps the foot inside them.
Old 6th October 2010, 19:51   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

I had recently checked those mats at HT. The price quoted was much less - approx 2.5k. These are not custom-made for each model, so you will have to just check if they fit your car. If they do fit your car, then they are a fair choice.

I did not pick them up because they do not match the interiors of the Ikon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by san9jay View Post
They have a synthetic product that looks like a coir mat but is made of rubber.
Sanjay, can you post some pics of these mats ?

Last edited by condor : 6th October 2010 at 19:52.
Old 18th November 2010, 22:15   #27
BHPian

Duromat

I have recently got Duromat rubber mat (costing 1200 Rs) for my Ikon, replacing the oem carpet/fabric ones. Feels soft, no slipping on feet. However the underside of the mat is smooth and slippery which makes it move around a little, something that never happened in the oem ones as they had a rough underside which acted somewhat like velcro against the floor carpet and helped them remain in position.
Old 30th January 2015, 11:38   #28
BHPian

Re: Floor + Boot mat for old swift vdi?

I would like to replace my floor mat on old swift VDi. What would be the recommendations for the same? Prefer, something available in and around south of bangalore/online.

Please advise.
Old 30th January 2015, 12:20   #29
BHPian

Re: Floor + Boot mat for old swift vdi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
I would like to replace my floor mat on old swift VDi. What would be the recommendations for the same? Prefer, something available in and around south of bangalore/online.

Please advise.
Hi!

I am using 3M NOMAD floor mats since six months (inception) in my City Diesel along with their annual car care package. They are available in 3 colours.

They are extremely good in maintaining cleanliness and I hardly need to take them out.

They are customized as your car floor sizes and it should cost around 3500-4000 for Swift.

Feedback: They are soft and you can rest your foot comfortably with naked foot. The heel area around accelerator pedal have very slightly worn out, though still doing good.

May check out the below link for store in Bangalore suited to you:

http://carcarestores.3mindia.co.in/Offer.aspx/MzE1
utsav1303 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2016, 23:28   #30
BHPian

Re: Which floor mats to go for ?

Bumping this thread. In todays time, when there is variety of option available from Fabric mats, 3D mats, 3M Nomad type mats. Which one should I go for?

Considering it rains a lot and lot in my current area.

Most Viewed