Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2020, 03:17   #46
BHPian

Re: Which floor mats to go for ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Just got to any shop that sells the noodle mats and let them cut it accordingly. Using this for the last 4 years, no complaints except in monsoons!
For rear, try and get a one piece cut as per the shape of OEM carpet. This will ensure the mat doesnt move and gives a snug fit.

Want to take it to next level? Remove front seats and get it done for entire floor, one piece.

The only problem with noodle mats is the driver side ankle area. It will be the first one to get damaged. The solution is to get individual mat made just for driver side as and when it gets damaged.
Old 23rd December 2020, 12:59   #47
Senior - BHPian

Hello friends
Bumping an old thread. My car mats looks almost new except driver side mat. Driver side mat is worn out and looking ugly.

Will i be able to replace only one mat? Or should I go for full set just for the sake of one worn out mat?

Please let me know
Old 24th December 2020, 22:53   #48
BHPian

After using several brands, I found the Elegant Cord carpet mat better than most of the brands available in the market.
It fits perfectly according to the vehicle and the quality is great.
Old 22nd February 2021, 13:47   #49
BHPian

Hello Team,

Coming back to you with a brief review, issue and a query.

Recently I chanced upon a thread that recommended Elegant Auto Retail for car accessories. I have been on a lookout for 3D mats for my Innova (2014 model) for a while. Most of the online and offline vendors had a good collection for Innova Crysta, but not for the old Innova. Some of them who had good ones were with metal plates on driver mat.

Then Elegant happened and I browsed through their website. They had a nice looking cord 3D mats (Diamond 3D Car Floor Mat Black and Red - Set of 7) for old Innova and immediately I fell in love with it. Ordered it along with a Gusto tyre inflator. This was on Feb 10th. I did feel the cost was on higher side, but never the less I went ahead with the order and paid in full. Then the wait started.

Meanwhile, my brother found a good set of mats that he picked up. This is where the drama starts.
I tried cancelling my order on elegant - but no option to cancel online. I messaged their customer service manager who had opened a channel of communication with me on WhatsApp on 13th Feb. I received a response that they will forward it to relevant team. As a follow up, I called their helpdesk and I was asked to send an email to their support id. Did that immediately and waited for their revert.
No response and it all went quiet. After waiting for 2 days i sent another email. No response. They did open a ticket and auto-response came in. But no resolution.
Now I started worrying what if they don't cancel but wouldn't ship the material either.
Then the wait continued with no further communication from Elegant. I got busy with office as well.

On 16th Feb, I received a message on WhatsApp stating that the order is shipped and Delhivery has picked up the material. Delhivery sent out a tracking number as well.
Immediately after that, the helpdesk got active and sent messages / emails stating that the order could not be cancelled since the order is already shipped.
It took another 3 days and the parcel got delivered at my Home on friday 20th, Feb.

While the mats are good quality and I am happy with that - I am feeling a bit low about the whole transaction. They could have easily cancelled, but chose not to - and waited for the order to be shipped before responding.

Sent them a mail stating this, and also that there was a short shipment because the locks that hold the mats in place are not included with mats. I am not sure if they were supposed to be included. That's the query for the team.

The mats are good and fits well. They are kind of oddly bent in few places, but I expect them to be fine with usage after a while. Overall a mixed feeling.

By the way, I got the mats that were bought locally, exchanged to other material like seat back rest, visors and a perfume.

Sorry, but no pics of the mats since the car is out for a trip with parents. Anyways, they are exactly the same ones that are there in this link below.
https://elegantautoretail.com/produc...nt=53619307925

Regards,
Girish
G-BoleroBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 17:46   #50
BHPian

Hello everyone, I purchased a Honda City 3rd Generation 2012 model last June, and I was searching for good quality floor mats which will give me a balance of class and being cost efficient. I learnt very quickly that any of the 4D 5D 7D mats are expensive for me, and also because of my work, the chances of the mats getting soiled every now and then are very high. So I had almost zeroed in on the noodle mats as they do not require constant cleaning of the debris.

Just by chance, I came across this video from Sikka mats in Delhi showcasing their production of the 7D mats, their stitching and quality, which felt good and like any other 7D mats I had come across on the internet and this forum. Then at the end of the video, he quoted just Rs. 1900/- for the set of Honda City-specific 7D mats. I immediately gave him a call regarding the same and he explained to me the process in a very civilised manner. So I thought why not give it a try as he is offering a no-questions-asked replacement in case of any manufacturing defects.

So, are Delhi made Automotive accessories generally this cheap or do I need to look out for anything?

Attaching the images he sent on Whatsapp.

Which floor mats to go for ?-whatsapp-image-20210907-4.06.18-pm.jpeg

Which floor mats to go for ?-whatsapp-image-20210907-4.06.19-pm.jpeg
ManasN95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 06:50   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManasN95 View Post

Just by chance, I came across this video from Sikka mats in Delhi showcasing their production of the 7D mats, their stitching and quality, which felt good and like any other 7D mats I had come across on the internet and this forum. Then at the end of the video, he quoted just Rs. 1900/- for the set of Honda City-specific 7D mats.
Hi,
Please share your experience & contact details of supplier if you have got these mats.
I'm looking for similar mats for my car.
Thanks.
Old 17th January 2022, 03:03   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-BoleroBoy View Post
No response and it all went quiet. After waiting for 2 days i sent another email. No response. They did open a ticket and auto-response came in. But no resolution.
Now I started worrying what if they don't cancel but wouldn't ship the material either.
Then the wait continued with no further communication from Elegant. I got busy with office as well.
Exactly similar experience on 7D mats ordered from Elegant for my father’s Innova Crysta upon payment of full amount online. They were very responsive on calls/ WhatsApp before placing the order and thereafter, behaved very unprofessionally while following up on the order. The committed dispatch time of 7 business days was not adhered to for about a month and it became very annoying after a point of time.

Ultimately I had to request a colleague of mine to personally visit their shop at Noida and cancel the order in his presence and process the refund. The reason for the delay in shipment given by them to my colleague was short supply of materials and non-availability of ready stock, which they could have promptly communicated but never did. My colleague also felt the quality of materials used in Elegant 7D mats (those on display for other cars) were not at par with those of Autoform available for the same price. Ultimately visited an Autoform dealer in Noida known to my colleague and got the same and very happy with the quality.
jbpanda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 19:11   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManasN95 View Post
I learnt very quickly that any of the 4D 5D 7D mats are expensive for me, and also because of my work, the chances of the mats getting soiled every now and then are very high.

Just by chance, I came across this video from Sikka mats in Delhi showcasing their production of the 7D mats, their stitching and quality, which felt good and like any other 7D mats I had come across on the internet and this forum. Then at the end of the video, he quoted just Rs. 1900/- for the set of Honda City-specific 7D mats. I immediately gave him a call regarding the same and he explained to me the process in a very civilised manner.
how has your experience been with these 7D mats? As some members have stated above, these mats tend to start stinking & have mouldy smell once they get wet. Have you experienced such issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
fabric mats look good bt once wet or dirty will stink till you wash them and cannot be wiped dry....leave a mouldy feel to the car.
had fabric mats but through them out for the above reasons have rubber mats now.very happy
Quote:
Originally Posted by manaa45 View Post
but rubber mats are always preferable to fabric mats as for the reasons already mentioned in other posts.
shubbhi
i have the same concern about these mats. Can you plz confirm whether this is the same experience with the 7D mats as well? Do these 7D mats too get wet, are had to wash & dry, and start stinking once wet ?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 11th August 2022 at 00:08. Reason: Merged consecutive posts
Old 27th November 2022, 14:06   #54
BHPian

I was looking to protect the interior of my new Skoda Octavia 2022, I finally decided to go for 7D style mats that cover the entire floor of the car completely.
I went for Auto-tech floor mats, it is made in India, laser mapped to exact car and covers the whole carpet and none of the original floor is exposed. The quality is superb, I found that one of the mats were damaged it was immediately replaced under manufacturer's warranty.
It has two components, one leather-like material with pattern stitching and another carpet on top for foot area that can be removed and cleaned easily. It has clips to keep the carpet in place, along with Velcro.
I have had no issues whatsoever with this particular brand and style of carpet and It is easy to clean and looks well in the car, the fit is fine and it doesn't come in the way of using my car.

This is not a brand endorsement, I'm just sharing my personal experience.

Some pictures of the floor mat:
Which floor mats to go for ?-whatsapp-image-20221104-11.43.04.jpeg

Which floor mats to go for ?-whatsapp-image-20221104-11.43.05.jpeg

Which floor mats to go for ?-whatsapp-image-20221104-11.43.05-1.jpeg

Last edited by pratyush369 : 27th November 2022 at 14:28. Reason: spelling
pratyush369 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 14:27   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush369 View Post
I went for Auto-tech floor mats, it is made in India, laser mapped to exact car and covers the whole carpet and none of the original floor is exposed. The quality is superb, I found that one of the mats were damaged it was immediately replaced under manufacturer's warranty.
It has two components, one leather-like material with pattern stitching and another carpet on top for foot area that can be removed and cleaned easily.

Did you buy them online ? Price for the mats?

Last edited by Sheel : 12th April 2023 at 14:51. Reason: Please quote *ONLY* the relevant bits when quoting and replying. Thanks.
Old 20th May 2023, 10:56   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush369 View Post
I went for Auto-tech floor mats,
I got this for my new car in 2021. Yes, they are almost perfect fit but not fully satisfied with them. Found some major bad stitches which the local vendor fixed but made me doubt their quality control. These mats also foul with moving parts. In my case it was messing with the automatic seat movement and even with slight misalignment, with the steering rod. What's challenging is that while the vendor install it correctly, they get misaligned when carwash guys do it.

Within a year and under 10K km, the noodle mat at my heel got damaged and was disintegrating. The vendor replaced that small piece alone for around Rs. 1200 after some reluctance to sell a piece alone but in around 4 months and 4K km, the letters are mostly separated.
Old 8th October 2023, 22:49   #57
BHPian

Any feedback on the 7D mats? Hows it and is it worth going for?
In some YouTube reviews I heard that it stinks if it wets but thy are marketing it as water resistant. Has anyone used this and hows it on day to day basis?

Showroom guys are charging 7K for the 7D mat, is it worth going with them?. Only advantage I feel going with showroom one is that they are providing 2 years of warranty on the mat. If outside what are the good brands which make 7D mats?
Old 15th November 2023, 15:28   #58
Senior - BHPian

I would caution anyone looking for 7d mats to refrain from ordering from this dubious website.

https://www.7dmatsindia.com/

I had placed an order with my CC for a set of floor mats for my car. Few minutes later received a call on my mobile from an unknown number, he claimed to be so and so from 7d mats and confirmed my order. Then he starts WhatsApping me and asks if I need a boot mat too. I say yes and ask him to prepare the mat and share pics post which I shall do payment prior to shipping. He says he needed advance to start production and that he cannot start production if I have not paid advance. I question the logic behind this given I have already paid a huge sum for the floor mats, but he convinces me to gpay him an advance amount. I tried to have him send me an email stating same as my official order is only for floor mats, he tried to laugh it off saying he is not running away with my money etc.

At this point I give in and transfer the advance. I follow up after a week on the order status and he says still in production. After I pester for pics he sends me some weird images with white background. No boot mat was seen but he confirmed that he has done that too and threw in couple of colorful lies too saying they had to scan boot area thrice to confirm dimensions etc. I pay the balance amount and he send me a tracking number. Shipment was delivered but I was out of town for few days and happened to open the package today. And I was shocked to find bootmat was missing as I was dreading. Additionally my order had a noodle piece on dead pedal area as well, which he confirmed multiple times as done to me on phone, that was also missing.

Just picked up the phone and gave him a dress down, he has committed to ship the boot mat tomorrow or day after and share tracking. I shall keep you posted but all this headache is not worth ordering from these guys. Autofurnish/3d are better finished and reliable.
DRIV3R is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks