Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2009, 10:56   #1
BHPian

Need a good car restoration guy for my Maruti Suzuki 800 (1984 model)

Guys,

I am a diehard fan of the veteran 1984 launch Maruti Suzuki 800.
We own one besides the various other cars in the house and now its time that after 25 years of it being with us , its time to spend some good good time and money on its restoration.

People: am looking for a a good workshop for a fabulous paintjob on my 800. The guy should be able to do some body pulling, realign some body lines and do excellent dent beating.

Also suggest me a good seat/ seat cover fabricator who can jazz up the interiors of this modern day classic.

Waiting for your suggestions...........
Old 28th March 2009, 19:08   #2
BHPian

Hi,

I also have a 1985 SS80 car which I plan to restore. in next 2 months

I read multiple threads in the forums and found few to be good as per feedback given by few teamBHPians

1) Fast Cars Pvt Ltd on Bannergatta Road
2) Sai Colorium in JP Nahag
3)Few on Hosur road near Grave Yard like Ali Garage, Suraksha ***, Suresh one more.

If you have already done the restoration job, please post all the details here. If not please search on these service station names & you can find few info.
Old 1st April 2009, 10:11   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishc100 View Post
People: am looking for a a good workshop for a fabulous paintjob on my 800. The guy should be able to do some body pulling, realign some body lines and do excellent dent beating.
In South Delhi, there is one workshop named Auto Clinic, they have 2 branches in Sheikh Sarai I and Kotla Mubarakpur. During my days in Delhi he was the only one whom i trusted (after trying many options and getting fooled by almost all of them).

His name is Bablu (don't remember his real name) and his phone number is 9312635353. They have a complete workshop (Dent Paint, Engine etc etc).

You can give him my reference and u might get some discount as well.
Old 6th April 2009, 22:56   #4
BHPian

i live in a small town and i had under took my F8B for restoration work (ummh.. to be frank only some dent removing, paint job, and under body) i took the assistance of a local vetran paint master and he got done the job in Hyundai paint shop. will post the pictures if possible, the paint job has been outstanding. i advice you to take the car for a sophisticate paint shop.
Attached Thumbnails
Need a good car restoration guy for my Maruti Suzuki 800 (1984 model)-05042009002.jpg  

Need a good car restoration guy for my Maruti Suzuki 800 (1984 model)-05042009003.jpg  

Need a good car restoration guy for my Maruti Suzuki 800 (1984 model)-05042009005.jpg  

Old 7th April 2009, 08:25   #5
BHPian

Wow...

Wow..Thats a real nice restoration work!

Paint job is good, even body looks smooth. Good to see such good work in small town.

Also i liked the way u have kept it Simple & Nice :-)

Can you please mention the things you changed, replaced, repaired during restoration. Also please mention how much did it take for all this.

Any idea which paint is it? Also color code?

You can open your heart out in this forum....let us all share your happiness! :-)
Old 7th April 2009, 12:44   #6
BHPian

Ok. I didnt make any much alterations. I owned this car for about 20 years now. the body line was pretty good. Only the paint had faded, some minor tinker work, dents here and there. in the paint work shop the paint was completely scrubbed off to metal and layer of base like oxide was done and painted. The paint is a basic apple red color i dont know the company name. it cost me rs 20k :-) which included paint, work of tinker, removing dents, am under body 3m coat, a layer of wax polish much more than what i had budgeted for. Its already 2 years now after paint. there is no alterations to either engine or anything. I have replaced the original stear to a sports stear. The pictures have not come good as it was taken from my mobile. I will click some from the camera and post it. Thank you for the appraisals.
Old 14th April 2009, 11:35   #7
BHPian

Guys, am still searching for a good restoration guy for my 1984 January Model SS80 Maruti 800.

Am planning to do the following in days/ months to come.

1. Install an Air Conditioner with a Back Condenser.
2. Get a spot less Paint Job done. ( I have a guy whom i can trust with dent beating, but need to explore someone better if possible.)
3. Interiors redone. Seat Covers are old and faded though not torn.
4. Re-tune the Engine. Re-tape the wiring.
5. Have crystal lamps installed. replace rear lights.

I even went to Ayush of Autophsyche in December 2008 and he was supposed to get back to me which he never did. Kind of strange the newage car modification guys in and around Delhi dont want to take the challenge of restorting back a timeless beauty of Indian Automobile Industry.

I am ready to spend upto 40k on the restoration, so guys if you have a vendor/ service provider for any of the services which you think can do justice to the car, I would love to interact with those guys.

Ashish Chopra
Old 14th April 2009, 14:12   #8
BHPian

Me too

As luck would have it, last weekend I decided to revive my 84 model too! It had been sitting in the parking for a few months. Took the tyres off and got them refilled. The battery had died and the petrol tank was dry as a bone. With a replacement battery and a can petrol, it cranked up at the first shot. Drove it to the local garage for cleaning, checking and tuning. Now I am looking for body work that needs to be done on it. A lot of patching/welding and a complete paint job is in order. I will then look at doing the interiors.Will take some pics and post.
Old 13th September 2010, 16:24   #9

Anyone Knows where I can get Crystal Lights for the 84 Maruti 800
Old 12th October 2011, 16:36   #10
BHPian

Re: Me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_maassk View Post
As luck would have it, last weekend I decided to revive my 84 model too! It had been sitting in the parking for a few months. Took the tyres off and got them refilled. The battery had died and the petrol tank was dry as a bone. With a replacement battery and a can petrol, it cranked up at the first shot. Drove it to the local garage for cleaning, checking and tuning. Now I am looking for body work that needs to be done on it. A lot of patching/welding and a complete paint job is in order. I will then look at doing the interiors.Will take some pics and post.
Have you completed the restoration work ? Would be really happy to see your car.
I am also looking for some shops who can source me original lights, front grills and steel rim caps in and around Ahmadabad
Old 12th October 2011, 18:36   #11
BHPian

Re: Need a good car restoration guy for my Maruti Suzuki 800 (1984 model)

If you have deep pockets and are looking for someone in Delhi, try Pandit & Co. in Okhla Industrial Estate Phase 3. Superb paint quality and Senior Pandit, Mr. Pradeep is a very knowledgeable man. DO NOT deal with his son Prakul. Ask for Pradeepji specifically.
I didn't find Prakul to be as good as his father Pradeep.
I got my 11 year old Zen restored there. Here are some pics for you to judge-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2449755

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks