Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2012, 12:55   #316
BHPian

Re: Most durable wax I have encountered - Collinite 845

I got these results after a full detailing session, topped up by collinite 845. Not bad, I thought!
Attached Thumbnails
Most durable wax I have encountered - Collinite 845-detailed.jpg  

riturajsharma19 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2012, 17:59   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I want to source ONR car wash. Auto-mall website is down and the listing is unavailable in ebay. Any idea where I can procure this? Buying online would be convenient.
hey did you get your ONR? i recently purchased mine from eco car care, you can reach them @ 808 888 0000
hungrygamer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2012, 20:10   #318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungrygamer View Post
hey did you get your ONR? i recently purchased mine from eco car care, you can reach them @ 808 888 0000
I am yet to get mine. Thanks for the information.
Old 2nd November 2012, 01:16   #319
BHPian

hi

what is the job the sealant? and is collinite a sealant or wax??

I have a formula one car shampoo+wax. i generally shampoo my car and then wax it with eagle one nanowax.
Old 2nd November 2012, 09:53   #320
BANNED

Yesterday I had a chemical engineer colleague who is now into waxes in a big way at my home. He has also developed the process to reduce waste polythene into Carnuba type wax. there are plants in Canada and Germany using this technology.

What our discussion throws up is that all waxes contain beeswax, Paraffin wax, and Carnuba wax, with turpentine (solvent) and an emulsifier. This wax is water based for application. The better waxes have more of Carnuba.
Old 13th December 2012, 20:07   #321
BANNED

Got no replay from Sanjay so mailed Collinite. Got a prompt reply

Dont dilute it. If you want to thin it out, submerge it into a warm pot of water for a few minutes with the cap on, then shake vigorously. It is supposed to be thicker.
sgiitk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th December 2012, 09:14   #322
BANNED

Got an e-mail from Sanjay of Bringing the best. He sent me a reply on the 10th but I never got the mail (so much for e-mails not going for a six) with the same advice. He also added that in winters do not allow the wax to harden overnight before buffing.
Old 11th April 2013, 08:37   #323
SDP
Team-BHP Support

I got my bottle of Collinite 845 a few months back and have used it 2-3 times yet. I have a few doubts about the use. Would appreciate if experienced users can throw some light.

1. Immediately after applying a layer of liquid wax, I buff it for about a minute. Is this enough, or should I buff longer?

2. I allow the wax-layer on one panel to dry for 10 minutes and then buff for another 2-3 minutes. Is the buffing enough, or should I buff longer?

3. The real silky feel of the wax and gliding of dust and water happens only for 1-2 days. Is this common? Additional data point: The place where I stay is next to a busy road and oily residue on everything is common. The oily dirt might be grabbing hold of the dry dust and stopping it from gliding from the waxed surface.

4. I wash the car with plain water once in a week. How many washes a coat of collinite-845 would generally be able to survive? I have observed that right after first wash, the wax effect is noticeably reduced. Is this normal? Or am I applying the wax (or washign the car) incorrectly?

5. Would it be ok to apply another layer of Collinite after 2 weeks? Should I wash the car with shampoo for the second and subsequent coats? Would shampoo remove the existing coat?

Thanks in advance
SDP

Last edited by SDP : 11th April 2013 at 08:47.
Old 12th April 2013, 01:09   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
I got my bottle of Collinite 845 a few months back and have used it 2-3 times yet. I have a few doubts about the use. Would appreciate if experienced users can throw some light.

1. Immediately after applying a layer of liquid wax, I buff it for about a minute. Is this enough, or should I buff longer?

when you see the wax layer or haze disappearing , stop the buffing.

2. I allow the wax-layer on one panel to dry for 10 minutes and then buff for another 2-3 minutes. Is the buffing enough, or should I buff longer?

Just do a finger swipe test, if its clean then its the time to buff out the wax.

3. The real silky feel of the wax and gliding of dust and water happens only for 1-2 days. Is this common? Additional data point: The place where I stay is next to a busy road and oily residue on everything is common. The oily dirt might be grabbing hold of the dry dust and stopping it from gliding from the waxed surface.

4. I wash the car with plain water once in a week. How many washes a coat of collinite-845 would generally be able to survive? I have observed that right after first wash, the wax effect is noticeably reduced. Is this normal? Or am I applying the wax (or washign the car) incorrectly?

Water beading is the sign of being the protection still present. so protection will still be there and that wax lost effect is due to plain water you are using and it is unable to get the gunk off from your paint.

5. Would it be ok to apply another layer of Collinite after 2 weeks? Should I wash the car with shampoo for the second and subsequent coats? Would shampoo remove the existing coat?

use a good ph neutral shampoolike sonax or meguiars nxt once or twice a week (depending upon how much the car is dirty) and use quick detailers inbetween to boost the wax effect.

you can wax your car again when you find the water beading is geatly reduced or it is not there anymore.

Thanks in advance
SDP
My answers are in bold above , hope it helps
NOTORIOUS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2013, 01:57   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
My answers are in bold above , hope it helps
Quote:

Thanks in advance
SDP
Ive noticed that applying collinite on top of a sealant layer helps to keep the slick feeling longer. Atleast its there for the past few days, unlike just applying collinite only.

What is your opinion on this Notorious sir?
Old 12th April 2013, 02:03   #326
BHPian

collinite is always best applied on naked paint , you can top it up with a sealant of your choice later !
NOTORIOUS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2013, 10:51   #327
BHPian

Looks like the prices have increased by 25%. Today the listed price is Rs. 1259/- (including taxes). Need to order before any further rise.
Old 30th April 2013, 12:21   #328
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Is it OK to wash a waxed surface with car-shampoo?
Old 6th May 2013, 02:33   #329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is it OK to wash a waxed surface with car-shampoo?
You need to reapply a wax if you do. The shampoo can strip away the wax. I usually wax once in 2 weeks and wash the car every week,
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2013, 09:50   #330
Senior - BHPian

People underestimate this wax so much and always recommend something which costs 2-3x of this.
Here is a car with a single coat of the 845. The wax was applied more than a month back.
Car has been driven for 700KM + in all kind of environments and been parked in an open car park facing the harsh Bangalore summer.

And this is the result -

I did not use ONR or anything else. Just plain water wash and after that I wax the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Most durable wax I have encountered - Collinite 845-1.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks