Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2010, 16:53   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmarishi View Post

also, guys what should be the consistency of the wax? Like the turtle wax which is quite a thick liquid?
It would be more liquidy. Remember to SHAKE the bottle.

Rgds
Old 13th July 2010, 17:15   #32
BHPian

Will application of the 845 itself is enough or some prepwork needs to be done? If yes, what products and procedures?
Old 14th July 2010, 14:09   #33
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_maassk View Post
I had posted the prices but took them off upon request from Mr. Sanjay and I honored his request. I'll PM them to you.
I'm sorry, but that is strictly against the principles of this community. Team-BHP remains on the side of the consumer, and NOT the vendor. I request you to share the pricing here, or then refrain from posting partial information in the future. Such posts defeat the purpose & collaboration of Team-BHP.

As I've continuously posted earlier, knowledge is worthless if it isn't shared.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2010, 15:05   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I'm sorry, but that is strictly against the principles of this community. Team-BHP remains on the side of the consumer, and NOT the vendor. I request you to share the pricing here, or then refrain from posting partial information in the future. Such posts defeat the purpose & collaboration of Team-BHP.

As I've continuously posted earlier, knowledge is worthless if it isn't shared.
Noted the point GTO! Just so as not to repeat the 'information', the details have been posted by another member in Post# 22 on this thread. I got the same quote.

Last edited by the_maassk : 14th July 2010 at 15:07.
Old 14th July 2010, 15:10   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Thats wierd, a wild guess is the product is shipped by Air; the airline check may have tampered with the seal. I hope you didn't loose any volume from the container.
Nevertheless I suggest you should write Sanjay and ask for clarification.
Got a clarification from Sanjay on the 'seal'. The bottle does not come with a seal from manufacturing itself. He also confirmed that sometimes airline staff open the bottle to check the contents during transit. He said that if the volume is missing, he would be glad to send a replacement.
Old 14th July 2010, 16:19   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Will application of the 845 itself is enough or some prepwork needs to be done? If yes, what products and procedures?
It is a "pure" wax. It does not have any cleaners. Your paint needs to be "clean". If applying for the first time recommend that you use a polish to clean up the paint. Many of the waxes available here have mild abrasives which can be used if you cannot get a paint restoring polish. Polish the car (will require good effort !!) Buff it off and then apply the collinite. If you have access to supplies, the ideal procedure in a nutshell is :

wash
Clay (once in 6 months+ or as and when needed)
Restore Paint with Polish (not too often - once in 3 months+ since it is abrasive, but must after claying)
Collinite 845 (once in 2 months or as often as you like, but must after polish).

You also could use a sealant after polishing the paint and then use collinite. And you can repeat this combination so long as your paint is clean from oxidation/ contamination Check curing information when you layer products.

I saw somewhere a member posted that he used a third of the bottle to wax his Audi !!! In fact for a D-seg car you do not need more than 2 oz for the entire car.

Rgds
Garipagol is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th July 2010, 17:02   #37
BHPian

Thats a very good procedure you described above for exterior maintenance Garipagol but I beg to differ. Clay and polish should only be done when the car looses its shine and has a lot of visible but minute scratches. I say this because they are both abrasive in nature. Also if you use a good wax regularly, it doesnt need them to be done so often.

These can then be done in a period of once in a year or even 2 years while waxing can be done more regularly once the slipperyness (beading of water stops) dissapears. The period of waxing totally depends on the quality of wax. Waxing alone can get the car its sheen back most of the times!

This is just my opinion.

Last edited by sarmarishi : 14th July 2010 at 17:04.
sarmarishi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2010, 11:06   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Got a clarification from Sanjay on the 'seal'. The bottle does not come with a seal from manufacturing itself. He also confirmed that sometimes airline staff open the bottle to check the contents during transit. He said that if the volume is missing, he would be glad to send a replacement.
The Product Collinite 845 was deliveryed to me yesterday evening.
I got the same clarification from Sanjay as quoted. My product had spilled a bit in the box packing not sure how much I lost, attached is the pic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
^That kinda sounds scary! I hope its not the case!

btw after applying it I forgot to soak the sponge applicator pad that I use!
had a hard time cleaning it up later on! (wax was adhered to the sponge)

Also some wax had spilled on the bottle and it solidified like crazy! lol!
@Sohail,
I saw the amazing results in the pics you posted in other thread.
I am applying any kind of wax for any vehicle for the first time. Any tip on how to begin with applying it ?
What quantity should be applied?? and finally how do you get the amazing results you got on my 25 day Old White ANHC
Attached Thumbnails
Most durable wax I have encountered - Collinite 845-img00123.jpg  

Old 16th July 2010, 22:12   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Did not lose any volume, but not sure if the consistency may have been tampered with. It is fairly fluid in terms of consistency and I would not know if some the original was siphoned off and a solvent/useless additive added to make up for the volume. I'll talk to Sanjay.
I had a bottle of Collinite delivered today from BB Impex. There is no problem with the product. It is what you will get if you order it from the US. Rgds
Old 17th July 2010, 14:02   #40
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for the messed up formatting in the previous post!(my MTNL is dead and was posting frm phone!)

here it is again!
----------------------------------
The pics posted was just of the top up with Collinite!

Many previous steps had already been done

mostly paint correction > Glazing > 5-6 coats of synthetic sealant and in the end, it was all topped up with collinite

actually, a sealant topped up with a carnauba wax(collinite) gives that depth and what detailers call 'jetting'(the effect of paint being under a thin layer of water) to the paint.

but remember, the wax is just showing whats under it(the paint) as waxes are optically clear, therefore the paint underneath has to be defect free(swirl free) in order to show like that.

and dark colors generally tend to reflect better.

I'd suggest you inspect the paint for any swirls etc. If you find any, you might need to use a mild polish to get rid of them(Sonax auto polish is good)

don't forget to wash the vehicle before going ahead with polishing

also, since your paint is new(dealerships mostly(?) apply glaze before delivering the car) after polishing, just wax the car with collinite.

procedure - Car Wax & Paint Sealant Application Techniques, how to apply wax & paint sealant by hand or polisher, how to apply wax, how to wax a car
Old 17th July 2010, 14:40   #41
Senior - BHPian

is it possible to polish and wax the same day or is a days gap better ?
Old 17th July 2010, 16:20   #42
Senior - BHPian

Polishing and waxing has to be done the same day!

polishing = removing minor surface marring and defects etc.
wax = protect the just polished finish!

so if only polishing is done and the surface left like that, defects creep in at an alarming rate!(since dust and other hazards come in direct contact with the paint)

some polishes like sonax auto polish have sealant in it, so then you can relax and wait for the next day do a proper waxing! ( I know its super tiring to remove defects > polish and wax the same day! but a lil' more effort of waxing does go a long way to preserve the finish you just created)

I actually fantasize doing all that in an air-conditioned garage!

Last edited by sohail99 : 17th July 2010 at 16:37.
Old 17th July 2010, 16:23   #43
Senior - BHPian

cool, wanted to do of both tomorrow but wasnt sure since i was using turtle polish and then collinite wax whether they both would gel together or something, thanks

and yea waxing in the porch does give dust problems :(

Last edited by bottle : 17th July 2010 at 16:30.
Old 17th July 2010, 23:18   #44
BANNED

I do not think that Collinite is plain Carnuba. It should have some Poly-olefins as well. You can say these are high melting wax (just below Polythene in MP). What I am told that Collinite is a Poly-olefin in water with an emulsifier.
Old 18th July 2010, 06:36   #45
Senior - BHPian

Sohail my car has some mild swirl marks which tend to show up in the direct sunlight. Was thinking of doing some prep work on the car before applying pure carnauba wax. So for the swirl removal can i use this SONAX AUTO POLISH Sonax Auto Polish | Paint and Exterior Care | Auto Care | Gamut Auto
Also can anybody help me source some pieces of microfibre towels for the detailing work. Here in Lucknow its nowhere to be found.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks